“We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat Earth society”

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kramer

“We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat Earth society”

Postby kramer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 pm

"Nobody has a monopoly on what is a very hard problem, but I don’t have much patience for anyone who denies that this challenge is real. We don’t have time for a meeting of the Flat Earth Society. Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it’s not going to protect you from the coming storm. And ultimately, we will be judged as a people, and as a society, and as a country on where we go from here."

- Barack Obama, June 25, 2013 detailing "one of the most extensive reorganizations of the U.S. economy since the 1930s" in effect "directing the EPA to take over the American economy."

You don't have time because the climate isn't behaving as models and scientists have predicted. There has been a 15 or so year flattening out of temperatures (referred to by the MSM as "the pause" because this implies it will rise again).

How does the recent actual temperature record look compared to 73 models:
source

Not one of the models is correct. And yet I am lumped in with flat Earth head-in-the-sand deniers for doubting that the majority of warming (some say over 100% of the warming is from man's CO2) is from our excess CO2.

Has climate changed before we started adding extra plant and tree food to the atmosphere?:
*By any criteria, climate change is frequent, indeed the ‘norm’. Variability of our climate on a decadal basis is considerable.

*These decadal episodes of variability are no more pronounced in the present than they were in the past -indeed the volatility appears greater in the past as can be seen in the sharp drops, then recovery, during the LIA episodes.

- From Dr. Judith Curry's blog', chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

This "pause" of temperature increases (it's actually cooling depending on where you start from) was predicted in a 1979 paper that is mentioned here. In fact, they predicted cooling from 2000. They also predicted warming from the early 80s to 2000 which is what happened. I don't know how much warming this paper predicted from ~1980 to 2000, it may be it predicted half of the warming, all of it, a fraction or some of it. I've tried to get the paper to find but but have been unsuccessful so far.

What you're seeing in Obama's speech is Rockefeller, Ford, Carnegie, the CIA, corporations and others pulling Obama's puppet strings so they can get their scientifically managed and controlled global society. We're already seeing the beginnings of this new hellish leftist world order with how the NSA is spying on virtually all US citizens. We'll be kept in line by our toasters, smart meters, cell phones, TVs, dishwashers, and other internet connected devices as they transmit our words, activities, and pictures of us to the NSA, CIA, and the companies that work for these agencies.

“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

MDDad

Re: “We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat Earth soci

Postby MDDad » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:54 pm

The last time I felt that an American president was actively trying to undermine our democracy and represented a potential danger to the American way of life was when Richard Nixon was in office. After the last six months, I can't deny that I'm starting to get that same queasy feeling again.

barstow wiz

Re: “We don’t have time for a meeting of the flat Earth soci

Postby barstow wiz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 pm

spot on md!
=D>
:)

Return to “Science and Technology”