Reuters: UN scientific group 'adjusts' data in key study targeting weed killer component

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kramer

Reuters: UN scientific group 'adjusts' data in key study targeting weed killer component

Postby kramer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Glyphogate?

LONDON (Reuters) - The World Health Organization’s cancer agency dismissed and edited findings from a draft of its review of the weedkiller glyphosate that were at odds with its final conclusion that the chemical probably causes cancer.

. . .
One effect of the changes to the draft, reviewed by Reuters in a comparison with the published report, was the removal of multiple scientists’ conclusions that their studies had found no link between glyphosate and cancer in laboratory animals.

In one instance, a fresh statistical analysis was inserted - effectively reversing the original finding of a study being reviewed by IARC.

Full article here:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-who- ... SKBN1CO251

If this story is true (and it looks like it is), then those of you here who faithfully worship climate scientists and believe their dark dire gloom and doom daily MSM sermons about evil CO2 and the sins it causes should be a little more careful about some of their claims.

“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Reuters: UN scientific group 'adjusts' data in key study targeting weed killer component

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm good. I never buy the carbonated Roundup. It loses its fizz after it's been opened, anyway.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “Science and Technology”