Bill Clinton broadens plan to save planet...LOL

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
kevinhurl

Bill Clinton broadens plan to save planet...LOL

Post by kevinhurl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:41 am

Is anyone going to help or is superman going it alone. These guys crack me up. Mother earth won't listen Bill.

Bill Clinton broadens plan to save planet

(CNN) — As his wife begins her transition to becoming the nation's top diplomat in tumultuous times across the globe, former President Bill Clinton is also doing his part for the planet.

The Clinton Foundation announced Saturday that it is partnering with the State of Arkansas in an extension of the foundation's Clinton Climate Initiative. Through retrofit programs, the partnership will help the state where Clinton served as governor to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.

Arkansas is one of the first states to participate in the Clinton Climate Initiative. In 2006, the Clinton Foundation developed an exclusive partnership with the 40 largest cities in the world that have all pledged to engage in efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

"While urban areas account for more than three-quarters of the world's total greenhouse gas emissions, we need to work with rural states like Arkansas to make a difference in the fight against climate change in practical, measurable, and significant ways," said former President Clinton in the statement released by the foundation Saturday. "I'm confident that Arkansas will set an example for the rest of the country and the world," he added.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ve-planet/
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.

4B's

Re: Bill Clinton broadens plan to save planet...LOL

Post by 4B's » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:48 pm

I suppose you are an advocate of sitting by and doing nothing?

kevinhurl

Post by kevinhurl » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:50 pm

4B's wrote:I suppose you are an advocate of sitting by and doing nothing?

Yeah pretty much. :lol: Does breaking wind help?
May the roof above us never fall in.
And may the friends gathered below it never fall out.
More World Championships than any other team in the NFL.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:57 pm

kevinhurl wrote:

Yeah pretty much. :lol: Does breaking wind help?
I had a class the other day where two guys decided to have a farting contest.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:17 pm

kevinhurl wrote: "I'm confident that Arkansas will set an example for the rest of the country and the world," he added.
Seems to me they're a bit behind the 8-ball, "example" wise. Apparently this thing has been going on for 2 1/2 years before they decided to get on the bandwagon.
=D>

ATTA boy, Arkansas!