Denialism

Space, the environment, new discoveries and new uses for old ones
Fordama

Re: Denialism

Post by Fordama » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 am

Tennessee denialists hard at work:
Antievolution legislation in Tennessee

* February 11th, 2011

House Bill 368 (PDF), introduced in the Tennessee House of Representatives on February 9, 2011, is the sixth antievolution bill introduced in a state legislature in 2011, and the first introduced in Tennessee since 2007. The bill, if enacted, would require state and local educational authorities to "assist teachers to find effective ways to present the science curriculum as it addresses scientific controversies" and permit teachers to "help students understand, analyze, critique, and review in an objective manner the scientific strengths and scientific weaknesses of existing scientific theories covered in the course being taught." The only examples provided of "controversial" theories are "biological evolution, the chemical origins of life, global warming, and human cloning." The sole sponsor of HB 368 is Bill Dunn (R-District 16), who, according to Project Vote Smart, answered yes to the question “Should Tennessee require its public schools to teach evolution as theory rather than scientific fact?” in 1996 — the same year in which the Tennessee legislature considered a bill (SB 3229/HB 2972) that would have provided for the suspension or dismissal of any teacher or administrator who taught evolution as a fact rather than a theory.
http://ncse.com/news/2011/02/antievolut ... see-006485
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 am

kramer wrote:

Still no comment on John P. Holdren's quotes where he's calling for deindustrialization, global government, and redistribution of our wealth?
He's still looking for a source to plagiarize for a response. :lol:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:39 pm

sbayhills wrote:
He's still looking for a source to plagiarize for a response. :lol:
I didn't realize Holdren is to be taken seriously. I guess he is amongst those who dwell in conspiracy theory like yourself and Kramer.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

kramer

Post by kramer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Wabash wrote:
I didn't realize Holdren is to be taken seriously.
Then why would Obama appoint him as his science advisor? To be told a bunch of meaningless BS?
Wabash wrote: I guess he is amongst those who dwell in conspiracy theory like yourself and Kramer.
No, he is amongst a number of prominent liberals who are saying these things that foment those thoughts from people like me. If your side didn't say these things, I wouldn't have any reasons to think them.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:28 pm

kramer wrote: Then why would Obama appoint him as his science advisor? To be told a bunch of meaningless BS?
Why don't you write Obama and ask him?
kramer wrote:No, he is amongst a number of prominent liberals who are saying these things that foment those thoughts from people like me. If your side didn't say these things, I wouldn't have any reasons to think them.
:ROFL:

This coming from someone who accuses me of being someone else.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

kramer

Post by kramer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Wabash wrote: Why don't you write Obama and ask him?
That's confirmation to me that you're intellectually in over your head.

Wabash wrote:This coming from someone who accuses me of being someone else.
I saw similarities in your writing style to those other persons but didn't say anything. Then you gave yourself away with your (I think it was Jim Leher?) comment.

I suppose we should take you at your word after it looks like you might have plagiarized somebody else's writing, right? LOL.
And BTW, this isn't the first time that I saw writing from you that didn't look like it was yours. About a year or so ago you wrote something that didn't sound like it was from you. A quick search verified my suspicions.
“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock