COVID-19 Here We Go!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:48 am

The White House has declared that all information on the outbreak is now classified, so don't read these. They're secret.

covid panel 1.png
covid panel 2.jpg

OMG! OMG! OMG! We're all gonna die!
Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:54 am

Kinda seems to me that if you have to wait for somebody at your workplace to get sick, you're waiting too long, especially if you deal with the public. It doesn't seem like a wise way of heading off an epidemic. Am I overreacting?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:06 pm

In not sure if this is the most incompetent response to this type of event, but I'm sure it's close.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:07 pm

Donald say he'll be addressing the nation tonight at 9:00 DC time. I can't imagine what he'll have to say.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:43 pm

Still with the jokes. :roll:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:23 pm

You can bet online which color of stupid campaign cap he'll be wearing
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Hot off the presses

Trump Suspends Travel From Europe To US

...except from the UK, because that's not really Europe :eh?:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:40 pm

For reference let's review what he said just a couple of weeks ago:

"Trump assured Americans at that February 26 news conference that the number of people infected in the United States is "going very substantially down, not up." Trump even bragged about the 15 cases at the time on US soil, claiming that "the 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/08/opin ... index.html

Then last week:

"When you do have a death...you know, all of a sudden, it seems like 3 or 4 percent, which is a very high number, as opposed to a fraction of 1 percent...I think that that number is very high. I think the number, personally, I would say the number is way under 1 percent...the 3.4% is really a false number...this is just my hunch."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/0 ... ate-121892
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:13 pm

Never misses a chance to appeal to his xenophobic base and divide our nation, does he?

Trump Calls Coronavirus A 'Foreign Virus' In Oval Office Address

President Donald Trump referred to the novel coronavirus as a "foreign virus" in his Oval Office address on Wednesday night.

The characterization of the global pandemic as a foreign virus aligns with how some Trump allies have described the coronavirus in recent days, which critics have called xenophobic.

"This is the most aggressive and comprehensive effort to confront a foreign virus in modern history," the President said.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/ ... index.html

So what happened to "the 15, within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero"?

Is there anything this lying *** could say or do that would open the eyes of his hyperpartisan supporters? Anything??
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Well, it's game on. The NBA suspends the season, and now this:

Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson Test Positive For Coronavirus

Tom Hanks and [wife] Rita Wilson have announced that they have tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus), the first celebrities to go public with a diagnosis...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/to ... r-BB114bBX
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Post-speech clarifications:

The EU ban is only on humans, not cargo.

Er, make that the EU ban is only on humans who've traveled within Europe. But. Not. On people who are coming from the individual countries. So you can come from Germany or France but you can't come from France if you've visited Germany. :eh?:

The health insurance industry reacted to his statement about them waiving co-pays for treatment was met with a resounding "SAY WHAT???" Co-pays are waived for testing, not treatment. So you save 20 bucks on the test but you're SOL if you're hospitalized. Bernie's campaign probably gets a 10% bump on the news.

Future clarification:

Sometime between tonight and tomorrow, someone's going to explain to Don that Ireland isn't part of the UK and he exempted travel to and from his golf course in Scotland but not the one in Ireland.

But otherwise it was a fine speech, Tommy. Except for the parts he left out about unemployment, disability, food stamps and people who dropped their insurance when he took away the penalty. And the payroll tax cut will never get through Congress. Not only is it messing with people's Social Security but it's completely pointless.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:29 pm

It just never ends...

Trump Fears Emergency Declaration Would Contradict Coronavirus Message

...Instead, the president is expected to sign within days a more limited designation...Trump’s concern at this point is that going further could hamper his narrative that the coronavirus is similar to the seasonal flu, said the three people familiar with the discussions.

“The president isn’t persuaded because [an emergency declaration] contradicts his message that this is the flu,” said a Republican who speaks to Trump.

“We’re prepared and we’re doing a great job with it,” Trump told reporters Tuesday. “And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB113G4t

](*,)
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Very glad the NBA suspended its season. And they postponed Coachella and Stagecoach. Maybe they'll get people's attention.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:32 pm

I just wish the government would take this as seriously as the private sector seems to be.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:33 pm

Let's not confuse the rest of the government with Trump and his inner circle-jerks...

My new mantra in this election year: “And he will go away. Just stay calm. He will go away.”
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:45 pm

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:52 am

Now we hear that the CDC recommended that he ask seniors not to fly for a couple of weeks but he didn't because it would hurt market numbers even more...no, really

I hope seniors are someday thanked for the sacrifices they're about to make for Wall Street...
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:13 am

Contrast this response with how Obama handled an outbreak of Ebola. That's what competent leadership looked like.

Keep in mind there where critics of Obama claiming that we were all going to die.

And who led that idiot's parade.........Donald J. Trump
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:28 am

Just read that tests conclude that COVID-19 can stay viable in the air for up to 3 hours and on surfaces for several days.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:09 am

We're all going to die.

But when you think about it, that's kind of a given if you're alive.

I'm old, I have very few F's to give.