COVID-19 Here We Go!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:16 pm

ShiftyMutt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:04 pm
Bike bras were started from jock straps.

**The more you know**
The more you know, the more amused you are. :lol:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 pm

John Q. Public wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:48 pm
I think I'd wait for a "right wing wacko" to offer an opinion before I'd try to do any mind reading on it.
I have history to form an opinion. When they decide to come back I will be more than happy to discuss the issue.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Bike bras were started from jock straps

Is that where the expression "huge cajones" came from?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 pm

I'm just trying to figure out how the idea came about. I'm picturing some kind of um, "interesting" Halloween costume and somebody saying, "Hey! Ya know...."

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 am

Y’know I’ve been trying for over a week to get food delivered. Costco, InstaCart, Prime Pantry, Prime Now, Boxed... No delivery dates available and most things out of stock (unless you want 18 pack canned string beans)
Living in a giant populated metropolis isn’t the place to be during a pandemic.
Starting to envision the Wild West.

I’m also wondering if this will fundamentally change us.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:55 am

I'm just trying to figure out how the idea came about.

Not sure but I bet that’s also where Spanks got started, too.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am

Foreign Babe and her friend spent an hour or so working their way through Costco's website and all we ended up with was coffee delivered by UPS. We're just trying to figure out if there's anywhere that isn't crowded. She hasn't let me do any shopping because I have a couple risk factors but I don't know that that's any safer because she comes home with whatever that guy who was standing too close to her had anyway.

A Costco pack of ground beef would be sweet, but all we really need is a few odds and ends. But we really need them. Amazing that something so simple could be such a challenge.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:06 am

Too bad "reliable source" Art Bell went and died.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am

Wabash wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:48 pm
The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

Documents reviewed by POLITICO detail the department’s requests to lawmakers on a host of topics, including the statute of limitations, asylum and the way court hearings are conducted. POLITICO also reviewed and previously reported on documents seeking the authority to extend deadlines on merger reviews and prosecutions.
Turns out that Politico misread the request and it's only to give the Chief Judges the authority to extend deadlines rather than having all of the trial judges doing it individually. There's no suspension at all and it's probably a wise request.

Now, what we should be worried about is Mnuchin asking for a six-month delay on making public who the recipients of any bail-out funds are. That one's worth being concerned about.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:44 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:38 am
we ended up with was coffee delivered by UPS.
Don’t forget to wash your hands after touching the box.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

I got gas the other day and I stopped and thought on putting my card into the pump, punching in my PIN and grabbing the pump handle. And no hand sanitizer in sight. But I heard a tip on that - use your non-dominant hand because you're less likely to touch your face with it.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 am

Good tip.

I also have a box of surgical gloves for when I exit my front door.

My sister, who just got a new sewing machine, is making masks for people.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Violates the **** out of the rules but what the hey. Italian mayors enforcing the lockdown. And my two resident Italian speakers say the subtitles are actually a little tame.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Crisis reveals character...

President Donald Trump on Sunday criticized Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker and "a very small group" of other governors for "blaming" his administration "for their own shortcomings."

".@JBPritzker, Governor of Illinois, and a very small group of certain other Governors, together with Fake News @CNN & Concast (MSDNC), shouldn't be blaming the Federal Government for their own shortcomings," Trump tweeted.

Among others, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, said the lack of PPE equipment "is a problem that everyone's been talking about for a week."

"We pushed for action and we are getting progress," Hogan said. "Now it's not nearly enough, it's not fast enough, we're way behind the curve..."

Pritzker responded to Trump on Twitter soon after, saying, "You wasted precious months when you could've taken action to protect Americans & Illinoisans."

"You should be leading a national response instead of throwing tantrums from the back seat," he added. "Where were the tests when we needed them? Where's the PPE? Get off Twitter & do your job."

Hear, hear! =D>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11y4Yu

We need a leader, desperately. Looming over the experts at news conferences with a concerned look on your mug as they give us the facts does not cut it

This guy couldn't lead water downhill...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:18 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Italian mayors enforcing the lockdown
My favorite was the hairdressers and closed caskets...
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Maybe we need those guys to guard the Congressional gym. :bonk:

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm

The latest count is five GOP senators in self-quarantine or isolation -- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul (who has tested positive for coronavirus) as well as Sens. Mike Lee and Mitt Romney of Utah, Cory Gardner of Colorado and Rick Scott of Florida.

All Republicans...hmmmm

How long until we hear about a Democratic plot to usurp power by coughing on their GOP counterparts? 3, 2, 1...
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:39 pm

One would hope that in times like these, SOP would be suspended and everyone would put their usual partisan political aims aside for the common good, but noooooooo...

"As coronavirus hits the Senate — with one senator now diagnosed and several others self-quarantining — tensions are running high on Capitol Hill. While Republicans are urging quick action, Democrats argue that Republicans are prioritizing corporate industry over American workers in the legislation.

Minority Leader Chuck Schumer told reporters after the procedural vote was initially delayed that the legislation initially presented to Democrats had "many, many problems," saying that it "included a large corporate bailout provision with no protections for workers and virtually no oversight."

Pushback from Democrats has centered on not only the substance of the legislation, but also on the process that Republicans used to come up with it, arguing that they were locked out of negotiations at the start.

McConnell has defended his approach, telling CNN's Dana Bash Thursday, "Republicans are in the majority in the Senate..."

Democrats have also continued to push for an expansion of stabilization funds for states and localities -- a request from the National Governors Association.

While a significant amount of money has been included, much of it through the addition of the supplemental emergency funds that has been fold into the bill, Democrats have pressed for more as states face significant budget shortfalls in the months ahead."

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/22/politics/ ... index.html

Imagine what we could accomplish if McConnell (& Trump) actually brought people together instead of prioritizing their own political and personal ambitions...
George Will

Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:48 am

As of right now the DJIA is below what it was the day Trump was elected.

More panic selling due to poor leadership at the top.

Our genieass president is considering lifting the 15 day rule.

We are being led by a moron.
Attachments
Untitled.png
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 am

Working remotely