COVID-19 Here We Go!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 Here We Go!

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:32 am

Italy hits a milestone - After two weeks of lockdown its COVID-19 growth rate is down to single digits (8.1%).

Death toll is 601, down from 651 and 793 the previous two days.

Go Mayors! :rockon:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:18 pm

That is good news for them.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm

John Q. Public wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:46 am
I like his latest one: "I might have had the test, I don't know."

They. Stick. A Q-tip. Up your nose till it about hits your brain. You think he'd remember that.
To your point. This graphic was posted by a FB friend who is a MD.
Attachments
90439408_10220463853733980_7124494220210995200_o.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Oh that’s definitely a “keep your eyes shut till it’s over” kind of test :shock:

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Friend of mine that's a lyme patient said she had this done and said it just feels weird, that it's not that bad.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:45 pm

Ditto, coupla years ago for the "regular" flu...helped that it was a pretty young nurse :D
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 pm

The Fountain-of-Misinformation-in-Chief now has American blood on his hands:

In Nigeria, health officials issued a warning about chloroquine, saying three people in the country have overdosed on the drug after Trump endorsed it as a potential treatment.

Now, a Phoenix-area man is dead and his wife is under critical care after the two took chloroquine phosphate in an apparent attempt to self-medicate for the novel coronavirus, according to hospital system Banner Health...

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/ar ... index.html

Is this what The Idiot meant by "the cure is worse than the disease"?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Zenophobe race-baiter to the end...and when Chinese (and Japanese and Vietnamese) Americans start getting beaten up we'll hear that "there are good people on both sides"...
And so it begins...

Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear For Their Safety

Yuanyuan Zhu was walking to her gym in San Francisco on March 9...when she noticed that a man was shouting at her. He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, “Run them over.”...She could feel him staring at her. And then, suddenly, she felt it: his saliva hitting her face and her favorite sweater.

In the San Fernando Valley in California, a 16-year old Asian-American boy was attacked in school by bullies who accused him of having the coronavirus. He was sent to the emergency room to see whether he had a concussion.

In New York City a woman wearing a mask was kicked and punched in a Manhattan subway station, and a man in Queens was followed to a bus stop, shouted at and then hit over the head in front of his 10-year-old son.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/spit- ... r-BB11AEg5

Realizing it's his fault The Idiot tried to play catchup today, tweeting "It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus.... is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form."

Just "the Virus"...guess he hasn't thought of a catchy, divisive adjective yet

At least unlike the chloroquinine misinformation, there have been no deaths...yet
George Will

Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:23 pm

If you guys read nothing else on COVID-19, read this:

https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/tip- ... 63lZnjHljU

Sorry for the link but way too much info to copy and paste.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 pm

Thanks for that

The conclusion:

This is going to take some time. But I'm very confident that the science will rise to the task and provide a solution. But it's not going to be a few months as our president suggests. It's going to be much longer than that. I would say 18 months, or 24 months. I think we are all facing tough challenges ahead.
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Well it took him longer than usual but it looks like Doofus has figured out his winning strategy on how to leverage this pandemic for his campaign...

First "The cure can't be worse than the disease" and then "America wasn't built to be shut down", and now

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas:
"No one reached out to me and said, 'As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?' And if that is the exchange, I'm all in."

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics/ ... index.html

C'mon, 'merica, man up! Who else is willing to die drowning in their own sputum for the Dow Jones Average?

George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit...he might just be more worried about the finances of all the resort, golfing and leisure-related businesses he refused to divest than the lives of the little people --:--
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:37 am

I'm trying to figure out what he thinks he can do, since all of the stay at home orders have been from state and local officials.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:01 am

Nothing like that in place for federal workers?

Maybe he'll end the travel bans (terrible idea of course) hoping people will just suddenly start flying again on his say so?

Or lend political support to Republican Governors end freezes in their states and twitter-bomb the ones that don't...
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:14 am

We all knew this was coming...

Trump Has Given Unusual Leeway to Fauci, But Aides Say He’s Losing His Patience

Dr. Fauci...has grown bolder in correcting the president’s falsehoods and overly rosy statements about the spread of the coronavirus in the past two weeks — and he has become a hero to the president’s critics because of it. And now, Mr. Trump’s patience has started to wear thin.

So has the patience of some White House advisers, who see Dr. Fauci as taking shots at the president in some of his interviews with print reporters while offering extensive praise for Mr. Trump in television interviews with conservative hosts.

(Fauci) was not on the briefing room podium on Monday evening.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11BO9P
George Will

Donald Trump

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:55 am

Can we pinpoint the day we all went full-blown Howie Mandel?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 am

But Donald doesn't like being corrected and contradicted and the press and Trump critics playing that up can't be good for Fauci's job security. He needs to find a way of saying "I think Dear Leader might be on to something with the fish tank cleaner. We'll immediately begin the rigorous testing regimen that he's recommended."

ShiftyMutt

Post by ShiftyMutt » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Well, a friend of mine has it. Said it’s really knocked her down. Chest and breathing issues, feeling like fingers and limbs are under ice. Said it’s not a normal ‘sick’ feeling but very foreign. She’s in her late 30’s.

Stay vigilant everyone.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Here's another one...the nail that sticks up will be hammered down

NY Gov. Cuomo complained about the lack of federal response to his daily requests for respirators from the national stockpile (yeah, I didn't know we had one either), so naturally:

Trump Finds Someone To Blame On Coronavirus: Andrew Cuomo

Six days ago, with President Trump easing into a more realistic and unity-based posture toward the coronavirus, he assured us all that the situation the country found itself in wasn’t due to anyone in particular.

“It was nobody’s fault. This happened — I mean, some people could say it was somebody’s fault, actually — but it was nobody’s fault,” Trump said Wednesday.

(Remember that as you read on)

On Tuesday, Trump suddenly seemed to have identified a culprit: New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D).

When Deborah Birx, the head of the government’s coronavirus task force, weighed in on why the problem was worse in New York than in other states, she cited the density of the metropolitan area’s population and the fact that travelers may have returned there from Asia before travel restrictions went into place.

Trump wanted her to cite another reason, though: Cuomo. He cut in on Birx and asked her, “Do you blame the governor for that?”

Birx completely ignored the interjection and kept talking.

Trump also suggested governors owe to the administration not to be critical as it doles out emergency supplies. “It’s a two-way street. They have to treat us well, too.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11EoRg

"They have to treat us well"...Americans are dying, but "they have to treat us well"...un-F-ing-believeable

Later, at a Fox News virtual town hall Trump appeared and referred to an allegation floating around on fringe websites that accused Cuomo of establishing “death panels and a lottery”.

Trump tried to hand a copy of the "report" to Fox News host Bill Hemmer, but Hemmer "balked and cited the need for social distancing". #-o
George Will

Donald Trump

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Pray the Corona away...

Pastor Again Defies State Order Not To Hold Large Gatherings, Says 1,000 People Came To His Church Sunday

On Sunday, Pastor Tony Spell said, his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge drew about 1,000 people to its services, in part by busing people in from across five parishes.

On Tuesday evening, the pastor plans to hold services again, despite the governor's stay-at-home orders, a petition seeking his arrest and a flood of criticism from fellow Christians.

"If they close every door in this city, then I will close my doors," Spell told CNN on Tuesday. "But you can't say the retailers are essential but the church is not. That is a persecution of the faith."

Spell has told CNN he believes the pandemic is "politically motivated."

Earlier in March, Lousiana Governor John Bel Edwards issued an emergency order barring gatherings of larger than 50 people to stop the spread of Covid-19.

On Sunday, Edwards went even further, asking residents statewide to only leave home for essential needs like shopping for food, going to the pharmacy or caring for a family member.

The governor's office did not respond to repeated requests from CNN for comment about Spell's church services.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/louisi ... index.html

George Will

Donald Trump