Jury acquits Casey Anthony on first-degree murder.

Crimes, criminals and the justice system
Tar Pit

Jury acquits Casey Anthony on first-degree murder.

Post by Tar Pit » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:03 am

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/05/flo ... index.html

(CNN) -- Casey Anthony was acquitted Tuesday of first-degree murder and the other most serious charges against her in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter.

But the jury convicted her on four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement officers.
As the verdict was read, Casey Anthony cried from her seat in the courtroom, breathing deeply as she looked forward. She then hugged her defense attorney Jose Baez and other members of her defense team.
Her father, George Anthony, meanwhile, showed no visible reaction from his seat in the back of the courtroom.
Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. set sentencing at 9 a.m. Thursday for Casey Anthony. She faces up to a year in jail on each of the charges she lied to police.

The verdict was reached by the seven-woman, five-man jury after deliberating for less than 11 hours in a trial that stretched to more than six weeks and featured allegations of sexual abuse, questions regarding Casey Anthony's competence and various theories on what happened to 2-year-old Caylee.
Toobin: Verdict 'enormous victory' for Casey 'A very long jury deliberation' Casey Anthony case goes to jury Anthony private investigator opens up.

Casey Anthony, 25, was charged with seven counts -- first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to a law-enforcement officer in Caylee's 2008 disappearance and death.

Nancy Grace's head will blow up on CNN tonight. :-"
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.rebellioustruths.org/

SoMelo

Re: Jury acquits Casey Anthony on first-degree murder.

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 am

It was extremely difficult watching Joes Baez (and the lady with the bad hairdo) speak afterwards

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:18 am

And all 12 jurors have declined to speak at the news conference..

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 am

Just as disgusting as the OJ verdict imo...
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 am

Baby killer...plain and simple.
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:50 am

It's hard to imagine that in no time she'll be free out on the streets
partying it up..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 am

slowyoroll wrote:It's hard to imagine that in no time she'll be free out on the streets
partying it up..
Maybe now she'll have the life she thinks she deserved.. Her parents have got to be done with her.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 pm

They never should have gone for the death penalty.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:07 pm

I'm not an attorney. From what little I read of the case, there seemed to be more emphasis on how Casey acted after the fact instead of proving that she actually committed the crime.

Partying is not illegal. Even if you've recently lost a child.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 pm

Wabash wrote:I'm not an attorney. From what little I read of the case, there seemed to be more emphasis on how Casey acted after the fact instead of proving that she actually committed the crime.

Partying is not illegal. Even if you've recently lost a child.
You mean "killed"???

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Paul wrote:They never should have gone for the death penalty.
Does agravated manslaughter bring the death penalty?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:12 pm

AndUR?? wrote: You mean "killed"???
Nope I mean LOST. They weren't able to prove she killed her child.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Which begs the question? Who Killed this sweet little girl? My guess is Casey killed her and her parents conspired with the SCUMBAG attorney to get her off.

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Wabash wrote: Nope I mean LOST. They weren't able to prove she killed her child.
No one "loses" their child for 30+ days.
No one enters a "hot body" contest after they "lose" their child.
No one parties and gets a tattoo that reads "beautiful life" after "losing" their child.
Her actions spoke louder than ANY WORDS she could have come up with.
Period.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 pm

AndUR?? wrote:
No one parties and gets a tattoo that reads "beautiful life" after "losing" their child.
Period.
But you need more to get a conviction in a court of law.

Had to watch and listen to almost all this trial as the wife and I are on staycation and she got interested. HLN covered it live. The bottom line is that the prosecution had virtually no evidence to connect the mother to the death. Plenty to show that she is perhaps a sociopath or bipolar, but they couldn't connect her to the death. Their closing argument was pretty lame as well. Unfocused, sometimes illogical, and boiled down to "look how suspicious she acted."

The only good news is that Nancy Grace has to eat crow as she has been blaring on since before the trial opened that Anthony would easily be convicted. Certainly she was convicted in the court of public opinion.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 pm

Red wrote:Which begs the question? Who Killed this sweet little girl? My guess is Casey killed her and her parents conspired with the SCUMBAG attorney to get her off.
Guesses aren't enough to secure convictions.
AndUR?? wrote: No one "loses" their child for 30+ days.
Period.
None of which proves she killed her child. Partying, getting tatooed, and participating in "hot body" contests are not proof that one is a murderer.

AndUR??

Post by AndUR?? » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Fordama wrote:But you need more to get a conviction in a court of law.

Had to watch and listen to almost all this trial as the wife and I are on staycation and she got interested. HLN covered it live. The bottom line is that the prosecution had virtually no evidence to connect the mother to the death. Plenty to show that she is perhaps a sociopath or bipolar, but they couldn't connect her to the death. Their closing argument was pretty lame as well. Unfocused, sometimes illogical, and boiled down to "look how suspicious she acted."

The only good news is that Nancy Grace has to eat crow as she has been blaring on since before the trial opened that Anthony would easily be convicted. Certainly she was convicted in the court of public opinion.

Fordama
Completely agree...
And yes, I would have to say sociopath/bipolar would be a very good way to describe her.
Knew that they would never be able to get the Murder-1 charge, but figured they would at least come down to the aggravated assault charge.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Fordama wrote:But you need more to get a conviction in a court of law.

Fordama
They had less evidence on Scott Peterson and yet, he is on death row. Go figure!

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:38 pm

AndUR?? wrote:
Period.
Andur12 I beg of you! You can't bring common sense with "some" people. Bottom line, liberal jurors!

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Red wrote:
They had less evidence on Scott Peterson and yet, he is on death row. Go figure!
Bingo! There doesn't alway have to be a witness cause of death..this is so sick..I wanted death for her

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT