Only good looking in the news.

Crimes, criminals and the justice system
User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:44 pm

John,

You didn't delete my post did you???

Can you get it back? Please email it to me or PM it.

This is an emergency!
Last edited by Brooke on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
18echo
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4223
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:29 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby 18echo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Brooke wrote:Cultures matter Vilepagan, the guy is from the Ivory Coast. I doubt very much there is much respect for life or the truth.
Cool story, Bro.
How old was this guy when he moved from Ivory Coast to Italy?

And what kind of family raised him in Italy?

These are rhetorical questions, obviously, as you know all the facts regarding this case.

More rhetorical questions for you:

What does the culture of the Ivory Coast have to do with a kid who left there at age 5 to grow up in Italy?

What role does poverty play in shaping the personality of someone who was adopted and raised to adulthood by a wealthy family?

Unless your argument is that culture is genetic, I don't see the relevance of your comments.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Brooke wrote:You didn't delete my post did you???

Can you get it back? Please email it to me or PM it.

This is an emergency!

Maybe you should have thought about that before you posted something so completely off-topic.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 am

Hey 18, Long time no talk. Where have you been? In foreign lands or the USA?

Re: Guede, he was raised by school teachers and a local priest and other people. He was not adopted by the wealthy family until he was 15 years old. About 5 years later he was told to leave, in mid-2007. Whereupon he became a burglar.

Guede committed break-ins, including a lawyer's office through a second story window. While burglarizing a flat he brandished a jackknife. Three days before Meredith's murder he was arrested in Milan after breaking into a nursery school where police found him with an eleven inch knife.

He fled to Germany a few days after the murder, where he was arrested by police. He was also accused of breaking into Meredith's apt because broken glass was found beside his footprint. His DNA was all over her apt BTW, and inside her as well.

There was no DNA belonging to Knox or her boyfriend anywhere in the apt.

Guede doesn't sound like the kind of guy that Knox and her boyfriend would be hanging with does he?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
18echo
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4223
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:29 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby 18echo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 am

Brooke wrote: he was raised by school teachers and a local priest and other people. He was not adopted by the wealthy family until he was 15 years old. About 5 years later he was told to leave, in mid-2007.

Thanks for the wikipedia copy/pasta, but I had already seen it.

That's why I ws asking you this:

What does the culture of the Ivory Coast have to do with a kid who left there at age 5 to grow up in Italy?

What role does poverty play in shaping the personality of someone who was adopted and raised to adulthood by a wealthy family?
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 17599
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Fordama » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:55 am

There was no DNA belonging to Knox or her boyfriend anywhere in the apt.


That has always been my major problem with the prosecution's case. Plus, like brooke I do not trust the prosecution--but not because he is irritating or flamboyant. I have my doubts as to whether she had a fair trial.

I know the Italian justice system isn't the same as ours, but this is really close to double jeopardy to me. In addition, the second sentence was harsher than the first--did the victim die harder the second time?

So I oppose extradition. It wouldn't be the first time between our two countries that extradition has been denied, so it wouldn't be any sort of a precedent.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Reconquista Primero
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:41 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Reconquista Primero » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 am

It would not surprise me if there are back channel negotiations going on such that there never is an extradition request and the hot murderess agrees to never go to Italy again. That would satisfy our double jeopardy issues and allow the Italians to save face by saying she already spent 4 years in prison.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:52 am

18echo, he was not raised by a wealthy family. Acknowledge that and we can move on to the next point.

Oh, one more thing. Guede seems to have bathroom issues, what's up with that?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
18echo
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4223
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:29 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby 18echo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Brooke wrote:18echo, he was not raised by a wealthy family.
Acknowledge that you didnt even know anything about this kid other than that he was "from" Ivory Coast, when you went down the that "culture" rabbit hole...
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Hardly a culture rabbit hole PC 18echo. That part of the world is desperately poor. Did you see the diseases that are affecting the population? I would not want to visit there let alone be born and raised there.

It's a matter of probability and the realities of everyday life in poor countries.

What is the obsession with PC folks not wanting to hear or see the truth? It has nothing to do with me or how I feel about poor people around the world.

And, I was right. Guede is a weirdo and a killer. Plus he gets up close when he kills - he likes knives.

I asked you to comment on his bizarre bathroom habits - why didn't you contribute?

You don't have to feel too sorry for him though because if he isn't already, he will be released for a work release program. Feel sorry for the folks who live in the same area.

P.S. I feel superior to people who bizarrely blame the messenger because they are driven by political correctness. What about scientists or businesses who must deal with the realities of poverty for their livelihoods? Are they simply doing so they can lord it over everyone with how superior they are? When are you going to start thinking for yourself instead of parroting the PC crowd?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
18echo
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4223
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:29 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby 18echo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:44 am

Brooke wrote:Hardly a culture rabbit hole PC 18echo. That part of the world is desperately poor. Did you see the diseases that are affecting the population? I would not want to visit there let alone be born and raised there.
Except that he was only born there at left at age 5. Unless you are trying to make the case that he was destined at age 5 to start killing at age 20 regardless of any change in environment, it is a rabbit hole.

Brooke wrote:What is the obsession with PC folks not wanting to hear or see the truth?
Are you saying that you are PC? Because you seem to be the only one here wanting to avoid the truth.

Brooke wrote:I asked you to comment on his bizarre bathroom habits - why didn't you contribute?
Because I don't see the relevance.

Brooke wrote:P.S. I feel superior to people
We know.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:15 pm

I hope you are not trying to tell me that anything that happens before age 5 is not relevant is a person's life. Because that is absolutely not true. He was likely shaped as a human being in those formative years. Where was his mother? Did she ignore him because she was too poor or too sick to take care of him. Or was she dead. Many mothers die young in poor countries. So do many children and usually before the age of five. All that has a profound effect on a person's life.

Being raised by a village was hardly conducive to forming a good character. It sure didn't do Guede any good did it? As soon as he was kicked out of the wealthy family's house he began to steal. Or maybe he was a thief all along. His father's presence was not clear. In any case he is out of the picture.

So what argument are you trying to make exactly? That because he was from the Ivory Coast had no influence on his values? I think it did. The argument is in my favor anyway, because he is a convicted murderer.

I am sure his bathroom habits have relevance 18echo. But, because we are not professionals we don't know what they are. Even dumb (according to some) animals use their waste to get their point across.

Why do you always make vague arguments? You never really say anything, it's always gray fluff. Do you know what I mean? White fluff is harmless, but with liberals it's definitely gray; dirty gray, in fact. The intent is to cause harm. Furthermore, liberals are never specific, you guys always hide in the shadows. :lol:

P.S. What is the truth 18echo, I really want to know?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Troglodyte
Posts: 16607
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Kill it already, Brooke.. Amada would be a fool if she got another urge to visit Italy, and I doubt any other country would extradite her. From what I read Guede is most likely the guilty party. With neither of us being trained pychologists or profilers, we haven't a clue as to what was in his mind, or what his motives might be. Our opinions aren't gonna change a thing about his future. Let it die.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 11457
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Vilepagan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:32 am

With neither of us being trained pychologists or profilers, we haven't a clue as to what was in his mind, or what his motives might be.

Good luck getting her to admit that simple truth.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Vilepagan, I already said something along those lines.

Brooke wrote: I am sure his bathroom habits have relevance 18echo. But, because we are not professionals we don't know what they are. Even dumb (according to some) animals use their waste to get their point across.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Trog, your comments to me sound as though you didn't read the posts in this thread.

I know Guede did it, and I know Knox and her boyfriend didn't. They were not even there that night.

Guede has been or will soon be released on a work program; what do you think about that?

In looking at this whole thing, the Italian legal system is a f'n mess. I can say f'n can't I?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 pm

RP wrote: I have very little sympathy for her. When I was a Navy lawyer, I watched dumb-ass young sailors and Marines do all sorts of stupid and criminal acts on Okinawa and Tokyo (off-base) despite being warned that they would be subject to the local law and then expect the Navy to bail them out. Our role was to simply make sure they received a fair trial in the local courts.


You should have sympathy for her, she was set-up and so was her boyfriend.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Troglodyte
Posts: 16607
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 pm

There you go, arguing when I agree with you. It's over. Italy still operates under a modified version of the Nepolianic code, guilty until proven innocent. All your teeth gnashing gonna isn't gonna change that.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21586
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Brooke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:20 pm

I am not arguing with you Trog. I thought you had not read what I said in the thread.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 11457
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Only good looking in the news.

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:43 am

Italy still operates under a modified version of the Nepolianic code, guilty until proven innocent.

That would be incorrect.

From the Constitution of Italy:

Title 
I
 
Art.
27

Criminal 
responsibility
 is 
personal.
The 
defendant 
is
 not 
considered 
guilty 
until 
the
 final 
judgement
 is passed.
 Punishment may 
not 
consist 
in 
inhuman
 treatment
 and
 must 
aim
 at
 the
 rehabilitation
 of
 the convicted person .
The
 death
 penalty 
is 
not
 admitted.


http://archive.equal-jus.eu/60/1/Italia ... tution.pdf
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Return to “Crime and Punishment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest