PCM, GRF, crimes and misdemeanors

Crimes, criminals and the justice system
Parrotpaul

Re: Jury duty

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:01 am

You worked for PCM, AIYK? Not trying to hijack the thread.

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

AsIfYouKnew

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:09 am

Off Topic
Yep. I started as a programmer, then was a Network Analyst, then was promoted to Budget Manager when I was getting my MBA. Once I graduated, I moved on to Consulting.

We worked in a building that was behind Mother's (wasn't there at the time either) where there are now some apartment buildings.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:21 am

Probably good you moved on. Milt Johns sold this community down the drain, and now we're all paying for it. I worked motor patrol back then, my wife worked Gate 10. But that's another thread.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:49 am

Being in a jury pool with your wife should get you both sent home early if nothing else will.

Having worked for PCM should get you put on trial, just on general principle. :-xxx
Don't look at me, I just work here.

AsIfYouKnew

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:30 am

Milt Johns was the Landscaping Director when I left.

The PCM I worked for was a separate entity from the PCM that manages other communities. :D
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:44 am

Then you worked at the Lake Forest office.

AsIfYouKnew

PCM, GRF, crimes and misdemeanors

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Nope. Laguna Hills. Right behind where Mother's is now. That was before LW decided to make it's own city.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:45 am

You might have even seen me coming and going in my cute little police officer uniform...Dave Pinkston spent most of his company time smoking out under the huge tree near the back door where everyone puffed. Our beloved GRF sold that building for $3 million...Milt Johns was one of the signers....the company that bought it turned around and sold it for around $20 million. Great business people they weren't, and now we have those ugly apartments to look at. GRF and PCM were in the same bed for years, and they still are, that apartment building is far from even being half full. Then there was the credit card scandal where Milt Johns rewarded his "good" employees with banquets at a Corona Del Mar restaurant...gazillions of lunches at local restaurants for department heads, gifts, and many other treats on the residents' money. The final straw was when "our little group" unearthed that Donny Disboro asked Milt Johns to find him a gay transvestite in New Orleans during Mardi Gras...all on our dime. The rest is history...Milt Johns got fired and Associa eventually gobbled up PCM.

Milt's motto..."push those seniors forward."

AsIfYouKnew

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:26 am

Well, I can tell you that type of thing really didn't go on when I was there. We were allowed to take our staff to lunch once a year when I was there, and the only corporate party we had was the Halloween party. Sad to hear it went downhill after I left.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:45 am

It was going on, you probably were just never privy to the deals GRF cut with PCM for years. Some of us watched it until it got so brazen and arrogant, they left themselves vulnerable...know anything about Milt and his secretary, Patti?

We should probably get back to jury duty discussion.

AsIfYouKnew

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Off Topic
Being in the budget office, I saw where all the dollars went. I was actually instrumental in getting one of the managers fired because he was skimming funds.

And the directors have an inside view. You can't blame it all on PCM.

Can't wait for Jury duty. :mrgreen:
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 pm

I'm not blaming PCM...the Golden Rain Foundation was complicit with the PCM folks for years. The devil is in the details...someone dug up all the credit card charges all the managers used. I have them, but the list is so overwhelming large, you probably wouldn't want to waste hours being amazed at just how much they ripped us off for.

I wonder how long the guy/gal had been skimming. Once Russ Disboro handed off the candy bag to Milt Johns, the stuff just hit the fan, and the irony is, GRF is still pandering to PCM. It never stops, but we are one board member away from taking away the majority vote from the crooks, but I don't see it happening for a long time.

When I moved here in 1998, my monthlies were $335 a month...they are presently $612+ a month and rising, and that's only half the story of misuse of the residents' money. PCM employees took no hits during this past recession. Seniors on fixed incomes saw their SS take a hit, and everything else they had to buy went up significantly. One of the Third Board Directors hadn't paid her property taxes for five years, and when that happens the info goes public. It was in the OC Register. She rides around waving to all her constituents in her pink golf cart. Maybe Denise Welch rings a bell. Her term ran out this past fall, but the Third board appointed her to a committee. Mysteriously and all of a sudden, her property taxes got paid. Go figure.

AsIfYouKnew

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Paul, that is an increase of $17-18 per year. That does work out to somewhere around 5%, but it is hardly out of sorts with what we have seen, and we do not have nearly the benefits that you have.

When I was at PCM, there was always a group of residents that were certain we were robbing them blind. I am not saying that they didn't, but I was not privy to anything of the sorts that was going on when I was there.

If you want to start another thread, we can continue this discussion, but I think we pretty much derailed this one.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Re: PCM, GRF, crimes and misdemeanors

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:13 pm

It's not about averages...things were going reasonably fine until around 2007. A spending Third board majority got elected. First year they were there, the monthlies went up $65...the second year $45...the past two years another $60...in between, I don't remember, but I'm sure you will be able to factor those years into your numbers. That board majority is still in power. They spend money on things 95% of the residents don't want Random surveys have been done. It's bad enough trying to make the Mutual Boards and GRF see the light...GRF just floated an $18 million dollar loan to build a fitness center and an indoor pool...also they want to tear down the clubhouse at Gate 12 and build a brand new one. Engineers have said the place is sound...it can be brought up to code for far fewer dollars than GRF wants to spend. The past GRF President pushing all this stuff was Lynn Dvorak. Google that and tell me there is no conflict of interest.
Here...I'll do the work....

http://www.century21.com/real-estate-ag ... k-10919900

I'm out.

Parrotpaul

Re: PCM, GRF, crimes and misdemeanors

Postby Parrotpaul » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Almost forgot...GRF directors are not elected by the residents...they are appointed by the Mutual boards, and when there are spending majorities on every board who would you think they would choose to serve...the interests of the Mutual majorities or "we the people" residents? Nothing has changed since we moved in here in 1998.

Return to “Crime and Punishment”