Ferguson decision...any thoughts

Crimes, criminals and the justice system
Parrotpaul

Ferguson decision...any thoughts

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:34 am

The Grand Jury decided not to indict...any thoughts?

Ferguson Documents: How The Grand Jury Reached A Decision

After sitting through hours of testimony and reading through thousands of pages of documents, a grand jury decided that there was not enough probable cause to indict police Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old.

Their decision, like the shooting that led up to all this, sparked violent protests in Ferguson, Mo., overnight.

"The duty of the grand jury is to separate fact and fiction," the prosecuting attorney, Robert P. McCulloch, said in a televised address. After weighing the evidence, at least nine of the 12 members of the grand jury decided that Wilson acted within the limits of the lethal-force law.

In a rare move and in an attempt to allay concerns about bias, McCulloch made public the mountain of evidence that was presented to the grand jury. We're combing through the thousands of pages — including testimony from Wilson and many witnesses — and throughout the day, we'll update this post with the pieces that help explain how those 12 people reached their decision.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... a-decision

"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Re: Ferguson decision...any thoughts

Postby Wabash » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:25 am

Ferguson Woman Shoots Herself in the Head, Dies

He (her boyfriend) told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 am

Karma can be a bitch.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 am

First, I think we can all agree that gun waving is a bad idea under most all circumstances.

As far as Ferguson goes, you have a group of people with a sincere concern and anger, but then in comes the outside agitators and then the destructive youths who pillage and plunder. They end up overshadowing those who have the actual problem in the first place.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:31 am

Fordama wrote:As far as Ferguson goes, you have a group of people with a sincere concern and anger, but then in comes the outside agitators and then the destructive youths who pillage and plunder. They end up overshadowing and often harming those who have the actual problem in the first place.
Bingo, Ford. Perfectly said. I would just add the three words.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:41 am

Whatever the outcome Wilson is screwed.. His career of a policeman is gone. He will be facing civil rights charges brought on by Holder. Legal fees will permanently BK him.. Wherever he goes he and his family will be looking over their shoulders for any hot heads..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

ShiftyMutt

Postby ShiftyMutt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:44 pm

I want to know why they found it necessary to wait until night time to announce the decision.. bad planning or purposely done?

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:57 pm

I heard that they were hoping the cold weather would deter the crowds.

I guess the protesters had to find some alcohol and light a few fires to stay warm. :thumbsdown:

Return to “Crime and Punishment”