Cutting a fetus from the womb.

Crimes, criminals and the justice system
Troglodyte

Re: Cutting a fetus from the womb.

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:12 pm

Fordy wrote; "Not really, as the issue is a legal question, not a biological question.

Kinda hard to separate the two, Fordy. Then there's the emotional factor..
To a mother, it's a baby as soon as those little strips say "yes, you're pregnant". (they still don't use rabbits?)
To a doctor or scientist it's a parasitic blob until it can live outside the womb.
To the father, or grandparents it's a baby after its' first howl after being thrust into the cold world.
To a lawyer it's whatever gets the most billable hours.
To a politician it's whatever gets the most votes..

I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:11 pm

Kinda hard to separate the two, Fordy

Not really. As I pointed out with the terms manslaughter and murder, there are different terms to describe illegal killing. Colorado has simply applied another term.

As long as people can agree on the punishment, I don't see a problem.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:03 am

I am of the opinion that a definition can and should be found that will address the problem accurately. Words matter, which is something some progressives would like to change permanently.

Which just dumbs down society and allows the nefarious to get away with preying on the innocent.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:25 am

I am of the opinion that a definition can and should be found that will address the problem accurately.

Doesn't "unlawful termination of a pregnancy" seem very accurate in this case?

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:33 am

No, it doesn't.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:38 am

What difficulty do you have with that definition, Bev?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:54 am

It doesn't cover the gore and mayhem caused by horrific methods of termination - that's why.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:58 am

How would you word it compared to Ford's definition?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 am

The more descriptive you get, the more difficult it would be to prosecute.

The punishment should reflect the nature of the crime.

Fordama

Reconquista Primero

Postby Reconquista Primero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:24 am

BrookeBwevBJMacNoDoubt: You want the title of the crime to reflect what was done. That's an emotional response and, as Fordama correctly points out, might lead to prosecution problems.
So long as the punishment is appropriate, who cares what it is called?
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Tsk tsk, emotional says RP. Get rid of your username and signature and then you might have some clout around here. Until then you have no credibility.

Reconquista Primero

Postby Reconquista Primero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:30 pm

BrookeBevBJMacNoDoubt: Given that I deal with the law all of the time, I am aware of the deficiencies in the statutes and how to exploit loopholes. So long as the punishment is appropriate, who cares what the crime is called? You have yet to answer that question other than on an emotional basis.
PS You are not being friendly. The owner has asked us to be. I am willing to extend my hand in friendliness. Are you?

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:33 pm

You are not friendly as your signature and username attest to.

Reconquista Primero

Postby Reconquista Primero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:34 pm

I guess the answer to my question about your willingness to be friendly is a resounding "No." How sad. :(
Get beyond labels and consider the substance of the conversation.

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:39 pm

As I just posted on another thread. If you are sincere. You can easily change your labels and prove your substance. My username and signature do not insult anyone especially the native population of the USA.

Reconquista Primero

Postby Reconquista Primero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:42 pm

As I just posted in another thread, in the words of the great and immortal Bugs Bunny, "Oh, Prunella." :roll:

Brooke

Postby Brooke » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:44 pm

You can say Uncle anytime RP.

Reconquista Primero

Postby Reconquista Primero » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:50 pm

I don't need to say"Uncle." You have already said "Bye" to me two or three times. However, you continue to engage. I wonder what that is all about. :eh?:
Try being friendly. It might be an unfamiliar feeling to you, but I think you will like it. :D

Return to “Crime and Punishment”