A Florida man wondered whether his bullet-resistant vest worked. ‘Let’s see,’ his cousin said.

Crimes, criminals and the justice system
Hanna

A Florida man wondered whether his bullet-resistant vest worked. ‘Let’s see,’ his cousin said.

Postby Hanna » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 46f3e71e35

A Florida man curious to find out whether a bullet-resistant vest was still functional was shot and killed by his cousin while testing the protective gear, authorities said.

Tampa police said in a statement that 23-year-old Joaquin Mendez strapped on the vest Saturday night and “wondered aloud whether it still worked.” Police said 24-year-old Alexandro Garibaldi picked up a handgun, said “let’s see” — then pulled the trigger.

A bullet struck Mendez, who died a short time later at a nearby hospital, police said.

Garibaldi has been charged with manslaughter with a weapon, according to online booking records.

He also faces a felony charge of “felon in possession of a firearm.”

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: A Florida man wondered whether his bullet-resistant vest worked. ‘Let’s see,’ his cousin said.

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:41 am

Floriduh - leading the nation in stupid since 1845.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

MDDad

Re: A Florida man wondered whether his bullet-resistant vest worked. ‘Let’s see,’ his cousin said.

Postby MDDad » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:58 am

I'm sorry, but I just can't get too emotional over stuff like this. When bad things happen to two morons, at least one of whom is also a felon, it's just nature culling the herd and upgrading the gene pool.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:14 am

Are they getting their money back?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:30 am

Not to be outdone, though, Twitter says a guy running from the cops just drove his car into a water hazard at the Mile Square golf course.

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:59 am

Now that impresses me. The water hazards at Mile Square are a long way from any roads or parking lots.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:34 pm

Even worse, he was apprehended by a couple golfers. His story isn't going to impress his new roommates.

Return to “Crime and Punishment”