Did anybody here lose some pot?

Stupid Criminal Tricks are our favorites!
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Did anybody here lose some pot?

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:43 pm

COVINA >> A man rummaging for recyclables earlier this week discovered more than 200 pounds of marijuana discarded in a dumpster in Covina, officials said.

The unusual find was reported to police Wednesday night, Covina police Sgt. Ray Marquez said.

A man looked into the dumpster at Badillo Street and Grand Avenue and found six, 33-gallon trash bags stuffed with marijuana, the sergeant said.

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime/2015/09/04/25320/

:eh?: Guy's dumpster diving for recyclables, finds thousands of dollars worth of smokeables instead... and calls the cops?

Don't look at me, I just work here.

not4u13

Re: Did anybody here lose some pot?

Postby not4u13 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:47 am

Sometimes people are trying to earn an honest living in an unconventional way. I'm not into dumpster diving but if it pays the bills. I can think of some jobs that are so bad, dumpster diving would be a step up. So the guy finds some weed and does the right thing by turning it in. He probably had no way to turning it into money anyway. Nobody he knows would have that kind of cash
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:12 am

Time to stash the weed and ask around. :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:39 am

Most of the scavengers I see don't look to be homeless but they also don't look like the kind of people who would be able to convert any amount of weed into cash. I keep thinking about what I'd have done if I'd found it. I'm in the same kind of position but I probably could have made a few phone calls. But I'd probably just give it to people. More likely, though, I'd probably have thought there was a SWAT team or a criminal type individual watching over yon fence and left it there.

I can't help but wonder what the story is, though. Somebody got religion? Landlord found it? Dad came home? Somebody went to the trouble of growing it. Not the kind of thing you'd just throw away,

Here's a picture.

bags-o-drugs.jpg

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 am

It could also be a local drop point for weed, and this time a dude comes along and coincidentally finds it before it can be picked up. Yep...make great holiday presents.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Party time... :lol: And the evidence disappeared in a cloud of smoke... :rockon:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:37 pm

You're thinking of the Santa Ana PD. :mex:

Return to “News of the Weird”