Company Recalls Herbal Cough Syrup That Contains Morphine

Stupid Criminal Tricks are our favorites!
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Company Recalls Herbal Cough Syrup That Contains Morphine

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 am

Attention opiate fans!

Probably less to the story than what your imagination might come up with, but Master Herbs, Inc. of Pomona is recalling its Licorice Coughing Liquid because it contains what they say is a "tiny" amount of freaking morphine. Hey, it's organic, I guess. Rush on down to your local Chinese herb store before it's all gone.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/01/ ... -morphine/

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Re: Company Recalls Herbal Cough Syrup That Contains Morphin

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:31 am

When a bunch of us got food poisoning in basic training, they gave us paregoric to drink. They said it would stop the diarrhea. It did, and it did much more...refills were available. It too tasted like licorice. GI gin was also a fav of airmen with colds...terpin hydrate...alcohol and codeine.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:40 am

Doctors at Pomona Valley Hospital said they are seeing more people getting sick because they are taking compounds that are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.

I'm thinking this must be a relatively new hospital considering the numbers of Californians who have been taking compounds that are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration for quite some time....:)
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 am

It's one of the oldest hospitals in the area. They're probably seeing an uptick because of all the feriners who are moving in.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:00 am

LWV is rapidly changing its demographic as well. The feriners sure like to play golf. Local golf cart dealers are doing quite well.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 am

And tennis. Seems like we have as many tennis courts in town as we do swimming pools. I don't recall seeing anybody actually using one, though.

Yeah, the local high school's golf team is better than the football team. Much better. Especially the girls.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:40 am

....and Mercedes and Lexus autos....the feriners are buying them up as if they are going out of style.

Return to “News of the Weird”