Cannes bans the burkini

Stupid Criminal Tricks are our favorites!
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Cannes bans the burkini

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 am

I'm sorry, this is France. Your bathing suit isn't revealing enough.

From yesterday.

burkini1.jpg

The city of Cannes has banned full-coverage bathing suits designed for Muslim women, dubbed "burkinis." They're long pants, a long-sleeved top and, of course, a head covering. I don't know how you'd surf in one but not my call. And I imagine completely Francified young Muslim hotties could skip the top and just go with the trousers and the hat. Dunno. Either way, they're illegal now.

burkini2.jpg

The excuse seems to be that they could be hiding a suicide vest under one but it sounds to me like it's just one more way for the French to mess with their Muslim population. I'd think they'd have figured that out by now but I guess not. And I don't know how they'd handle a visit to the Riviera by the Duggar family. Their version of a bathing suit is the one in the middle. But I guess maybe it's ok if you give a little glimpse of elbow now and then. Stylish.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... thing-suit

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Fordama

Re: Cannes bans the burkini

Postby Fordama » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:06 am

Seems like a particularly stupid fight to pick that only hurts women.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:52 am

Other than Trump's speeches, that's about the lamest thing I've heard about lately.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Yeah, Cannes may be burking up the wrong tree on this one.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:02 pm

MDDad for the win!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Return to “News of the Weird”