Rumor: Apple considering buying Sony

Geek spoken here
kramer

Rumor: Apple considering buying Sony

Post by kramer »

“We should have been warned by the CFC/ozone affair because the corruption of science in that was so bad that something like 80% of the measurements being made during that time were either faked, or incompetently done.”

- Scientist James Lovelock
Wiley

Re: Rumor: Apple considering buying Sony

Post by Wiley »

Hopefully, Steve Jobs will regain his failing health and senses and not take Apple in a direction that doesn't make sense. Apple is itching to invest some of its capital assests to expand its distribution. But the company doesn't need to buy into the peripheral hardware market and move itself away from software development.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama
GOODave

Re: Rumor: Apple considering buying Sony

Post by GOODave »

Wiley wrote:Hopefully, Steve Jobs will regain his failing health and senses and not take Apple in a direction that doesn't make sense. Apple is itching to invest some of its capital assests to expand its distribution. But the company doesn't need to buy into the peripheral hardware market and move itself away from software development.
I'm not so sure, Wiley.

What if Apple has taken the i-Anything revolution as far as they can? Now, granted, the can make money developing software, but can they make enough from just that division to propel the company to the next level?

The rumor does, however, make me wonder which piece of Sony do they want? Don't forget, Sony is a big octopus with tentacles in a lot of different industries including TV production. JUST WHAT is that crafty Jobs after? :-k