Anyone has both a Yahoo and a POP email accoutns?

Geek spoken here
Hanna

Anyone has both a Yahoo and a POP email accoutns?

Post by Hanna »

I started with Yahoo in the late 90s, mostly as an address for the El Toro web site. Then I found it handy to access my Cox regular email while away from home.

Then, some years ago, they stopped providing this service or, perhaps, my computer and/or browser did not mesh with theirs.

All of a sudden, last week, when I open my Yahoo mail I am getting all my POP emails without even asking.

Apparently, one cannot do anything about it (I had a live chat over the weekend).

So I deleted any mention of my POP email in the options and the POP mails still coming. Tried to sign out and in, still coming. I may need to find some deep buried cookies or something.

It is not that I don't like to access my regular emails; I just want to tell Yahoo when to do this.

Yes, I know, I am a dinosaur. When so many people access their email on their cell phones, actually sitting at a computer, and a desktop to boot, or at a library or hotel when out of town, is so... '00s.
GOODave

Re: Anyone has both a Yahoo and a POP email accoutns?

Post by GOODave »

No, you're not a dinosaur for wanting to be the one to control your settings.

I have both, but have never sync'd them. I use the yahoo account STRICTLY for spam (and for anything I enter when there is a distinct possibility they'll sell it to spammers). My POP account never, up until the last month, has gotten spam.

A month ago, I made a mistake of entering my POP e-mail account into something (that I now forget) ... and the days of no spam in my POP account are now long gone.

Have you tried closing your Yahoo account and re-opening a new one? Or moving your backup account to GMail or Juno or something? That would be a pretty drastic step and you'd likely have to let those who only know your Yahoo address know ... but sometimes the frustration level builds to a point where you're willing to take the drastic step.

That would render the cookies (or whatever) to your old account irrelevant.
Hanna

Re: Anyone has both a Yahoo and a POP email accoutns?

Post by Hanna »

Thanks, I am considering this. There are only a handful of individuals that use my Yahoo account so I should be able to notify them of the new one.