Guilty by what you post

Geek spoken here
Notorious

Guilty by what you post

Post by Notorious »

As well all know the Zimmerman/Martin case has for whatever reason has come under a lot of scrutiny. Now I definitely think Zimmerman deserves jail time regardless of the self defense law (mainly because he refused to listen to police and wound up with a dead body). The case is getting underway and something posted by Wabash was brought to my attention.
George Zimmerman's 2005 Myspace page, unearthed by the Miami Herald on Wednesday, suggests Trayvon Martin's shooter had a history of racial profiling.

On Wednesday, Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, confirmed that the page—registered under the username "onlytobekingagain"—was real.

In the "About me" section, Zimmerman—identified as "Joe G."—expressed resentment toward Mexicans living in his former Manassas, Va., community:

I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around (what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes pulled on you by every mexican you run into!
Link

To me this is ridiculous, I mean yes it was racist, but to me it isn't anything that could be used in a court case. The idea to attack his character and make this the basis of their argument is silly to me. I mean how many of us would like to be tried in court based on what some of us have posted here?

I'd be ok with it because the stuff I post is hilarious and it would be twice as funny to hear someone read it aloud in a court room, but having things held against you from the internet just seems extremely stupid to me.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
Parrotpaul

Re: Guilty by what you post

Post by Parrotpaul »

Notorious wrote:\

To me this is ridiculous, I mean yes it was racist, but to me it isn't anything that could be used in a court case. The idea to attack his character and make this the basis of their argument is silly to me. I mean how many of us would like to be tried in court based on what some of us have posted here?
Red would be in a jam...... :mrgreen:

Just havin' fun, Red. :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
Wabash

Re: Guilty by what you post

Post by Wabash »

I don't think it makes him guilty. However, if this is somehow brought to the attention of the jury, it's not going to help.
Stay loose, and be a little afraid.