Laptop question

Geek spoken here
SoMelo

Laptop question

Post by SoMelo »

My sons kitten walked across the laptop and now the cursor is locked. Anyone know what he stepped/slept on and how to fix it?
IMAG3314.jpg
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Laptop question

Post by John Q. Public »

Your son has a Hello Kitty laptop?

No idea on your question but my cats are always finding buttons I didn't know about. Worst when they decide to stand on the F1 button and I have to close 20 Help windows.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

MY laptop.. ya see when there are several males in the house the only way things stay mine are if they are pink oh and if I need to hide something... The Tampax box . :cheers:
oceanvue

Post by oceanvue »

just have your son make the kitty walk backwards across the keyboard. That ought to do the trick
GOODave

Post by GOODave »

I have no idea what the kitten hit, but with my laptop, any issue arises that I can't fix quickly, a hard reset does the trick.

Hold down the "power" button for 6-10 seconds until the laptop shuts down... wait 30 seconds to a minute ... boot it back up.

--:--
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

oceanvue wrote:just have your son make the kitty walk backwards across the keyboard. That ought to do the trick
hah.. Tried it, cats aren't as smart as they want us to believe. I finally got it fixed all the sites I went to said FN - F7 (made sense since there was a little mouse icon on it), but it was FN - F1..

Hard to remember how we used computers back before the Mouse --:--