Wireless Networking

Geek spoken here
not4u13

Wireless Networking

Post by not4u13 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:51 am

I wrote a somewhat long review on the Netgear Orbi. Unfortunately I received an internal server error from the site and it was dumped. I'm not writing it again. I will say that I'm pretty happy with my recent purchase of the three node Orbi system from Costco, despite the high $500 price tag.

I highly recommend this new wireless mesh networking setup. It is easy to install and performs exceptionally well. Each of the two satellite nodes include LAN ports for those devices that must be wired.

not4u13

Re: Wireless Networking

Post by not4u13 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 am

It's been six months since I purchased the Orbi and I am extremely happy with the choice. I have a large home with a large lot. My system provides coverage across the entire house with no deadspots. I can sit out at my pool and stream music over WiFi with no issues.

Anyone interested in a better WiFi network for their home without losing bandwidth due to the cost of the backhaul (typical range extenders) or having to run cable between access points should consider the Orbi.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com