Time for a new cell phone

Geek spoken here
Notorious

Re: Time for a new cell phone

Post by Notorious »

Looks like I'm going to break down and buy the Droid this weekend. I was really hoping that Verizon was going to announce the Nexus One today, but I can't wait on that pipe dream forever it seems. My current cell phone barely works due to the screen being cracked and making it a pain to read texts.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch
joefutbol

Post by joefutbol »

Notorious wrote:Looks like I'm going to break down and buy the Droid this weekend. I was really hoping that Verizon was going to announce the Nexus One today, but I can't wait on that pipe dream forever it seems. My current cell phone barely works due to the screen being cracked and making it a pain to read texts.
I had the Nexus One. T-Mobile was so bad I returned it and got a droid. droid > iphone > nexus one in my opinion. You won't be disappointed.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

I like my Devour. I ordered one for my son yesterday.
Cellphoneshop.net is a great place to get accessories.. I got an extra charger for my office and car charger for under $15.00
Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul »

I got a $20 Verizon phone about 15 months ago...it stopped working this weekend. I have until next January left on my contract....I want to change to a TracPhone in January...it is the system that best meets my needs at the cheapest cost...my cell phone minutes have averaged 18 minutes per month since I've owned the contract...about 5 years. I pay $23 a month for the service and TracPhone is about $100 per year.

Verizon determined my rechargeable battery had died...they wanted $40 for a new battery...I asked for another $20 phone, but they wouldn't do that....the only other option was to buy off the Verizon contract for $105. They gave me 20% off the battery, so I opted to keep what I have. TracPhone in January.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke
RPW

Post by RPW »

joefutbol wrote:
I had the Nexus One. T-Mobile was so bad I returned it and got a droid. droid > iphone > nexus one in my opinion. You won't be disappointed.

One of the greatest features on the Droid:

You can select who on your contact list will go directly to voicemail when they call you.
I am The Voice of Reason
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

RPW wrote:

One of the greatest features on the Droid:

You can select who on your contact list will go directly to voicemail when they call you.
I love that feature!!!
And THOSE people have a special ringback :cheers:
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Just got the new HTC Droid Incredible. I was hesitant with the touch screen, but so far I really like it (way better camera). Gave my Devour to my son

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Some punk kid stole my droid, going to have to go through asurion to get a new one.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Notorious wrote:Some punk kid stole my droid, going to have to go through asurion to get a new one.
i guess you turned the locator off?
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

SoMelo wrote: i guess you turned the locator off?
I had to do a factor reset and never redownloaded the app, completely regret that one.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Notorious wrote: I had to do a factor reset and never redownloaded the app, completely regret that one.
bummer
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

SoMelo wrote:Just got the new HTC Droid Incredible. I was hesitant with the touch screen, but so far I really like it (way better camera). Gave my Devour to my son

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I wasn't sure about the Devour when I first saw it. There were some things that looked a little better than the original Motorola Droid but it was supposed to be a dumbed down version so it didn't have all the same features either.

The HTC Incredible looks a lot like an iPhone.

Motorola has what looks like a really killer phone called the Motoroi but for now it is only available in Korea.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

not4u13 wrote:
I wasn't sure about the Devour when I first saw it. There were some things that looked a little better than the original Motorola Droid but it was supposed to be a dumbed down version so it didn't have all the same features either.

The HTC Incredible looks a lot like an iPhone.

Motorola has what looks like a really killer phone called the Motoroi but for now it is only available in Korea.
yes it is very iPhoneyish.. Not as many apps as iPhone (yet), but and a big BUT you can replace the battery. it has 8-GB flash memory and an 8-megapixel camera with LED flash
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

Notorious wrote:Some punk kid stole my droid, going to have to go through asurion to get a new one.
Same here..blackberry got jacked..$140 deductible from asurion..i'm so pissed..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

kicks2 wrote:
Same here..blackberry got jacked..$140 deductible from asurion..i'm so pissed..
Damn... my deductible is only $50 from asurion
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

SoMelo wrote: Damn... my deductible is only $50 from asurion
When my kids have lost phones the deductible has been much cheaper..
It just depends on the phone..The blackberry was pretty new I just got it a
few months ago..what makes it even worse is I paid $300 retail for it because I
didn't want to wait for my upgrade..bad move
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll »

SoMelo wrote: I love that feature!!!
And THOSE people have a special ringback :cheers:
You can use it on any phone I think but the best app ever is "youmail"
you can choose from a long list of greeting that you want to go to each number..
my favorite is the "disconnect" some fool kept calling me so I plugged his number in
now whenever he tries to call he will think my number is disconnected..

See ..youmail.com..it's awesome

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

kicks2 wrote:some fool kept calling me so I plugged his number in
That fool that kept calling you? I wouldn't want you to post his name, but did it rhyme with Ling-Ling?
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

kicks2 wrote:
You can use it on any phone I think but the best app ever is "youmail"
you can choose from a long list of greeting that you want to go to each number..
my favorite is the "disconnect" some fool kept calling me so I plugged his number in

See ..youmail.com..it's awesome
Do they also get a text reply that it is no longer valid? That would be the best
not4u13

Post by not4u13 »

kicks2 wrote:Same here..blackberry got jacked..$140 deductible from asurion..i'm so pissed..
I dumped Assurion quite awhile back. The deductible for a "normal" phone kept going up and they have a separate deductible for all "smartphone" devices. I keep my old phones, save the $10 (or more) per month and if one goes missing, I reactive an old phone in its place. Of course, that means if I lose my Palm Pre, I have to go back to a "normal" phone or pay full retail ... OR ... I can just go out and get one on e-Bay for less.

Not to mention, Assurion has all these exclusions as to what is covered if the phone stops working.

Sucks that you had to pay this kind of money though. My phone is either with me or locked up somewhere.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com