World Series

Parrotpaul

Re: World Series

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 am

I already said the series got interesting....I just can't get too upset at the amount of "work" relief pitchers have to endure in the course of a multi-million dollar contract season.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 am

my point is that this is such a reliever heavy series having an extra day to rest ought might benefit someone. Apparently the Rangers bullpen is more taxed than the Cards so it sounds the extra day will benefit them the most. I want to see 7 games

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 am

oceanvue wrote:my point is that this is such a reliever heavy series having an extra day to rest ought might benefit someone. Apparently the Rangers bullpen is more taxed than the Cards so it sounds the extra day will benefit them the most. I want to see 7 games
I want to see the NBA start playing. I hope the series ends tonight...my family committment to the Dallas side of the parrot flock is about the only thing that keeps me watching baseball....but I do leave the room frequently to do other stuff....the irony is my wife dislikes baseball moreso than do I...she insists we watch.
When she starts hollering I tune in.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh WoW

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 pm

I've seen most in more than fifty-years. This one was the jewel of the Nile, the Cartier, the greatest World Series game ever played. WOW! Kudos to the St. Louis Cardinals for coming back again, again and again. Game seven, baby!
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Best game 6 of all time, and I was still bored.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:51 am

Yep, it was a great game. It has been a fine series. If tonight's game is slow around 7PM, Bill Maher gets the nod.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Any speculation on this seventh game? I hope it's another burner like last night...that was fun. Seeing Stan Musial taking a turn around the park put me back into the 1950s.

Who will be tonight's hero? Pujols could make his free agency pay very well (not that it won't already)with some game winning hits, and Napoli could drive the stake a little deeper into the Angels hearts with a huge game.

GO RANGERS!!!!

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Who was the bald guy who just now sang the NA in such a way I never want to hear it again? Was it Autry..or something like that...double platinum..blah, blah...he really sucked.

I think we dhould change the NA from the FS Key tune to Woodie Guthrie's, "This land is your land."

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:18 am

Congrats to St. Louis came nowhere to make it into the play-offs and now win the series. Well done red birds

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:46 am

oceanvue wrote:Congrats to St. Louis came nowhere to make it into the play-offs and now win the series. Well done red birds
It was a fine series..even for those of us who aren't great baseball fans. Dallas will have to wait a while to wrestle away the Title Town moniker from Boston. It doesn't appear at this point Dirk and the Mavs will get a chance to defened their NBA title, and it is a long-shot for the Cowboys to win the SB. The Stars are leading the Pacific Division of Western NHL Conference, but there's a lot left to their season.

Congrats to the Cardinals...it was an exciting WS.