Albert Pujols to the Halos?

~44~

Albert Pujols to the Halos?

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:33 am

Just heard that one on Sports Center (via USA today).
Angels offered a 10 year deal

I find it very interesting that the Halo on the Big A just happens to be lit up this morning. Hmmmm.

Play 1st for 5 years then DH for the remaining years left.
Hi

Parrotpaul

Re: Albert Pujols to the Halos?

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:34 am

That would be very cool.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:19 am

~44~ wrote:Just heard that one on Sports Center (via USA today).
Angels offered a 10 year deal

I find it very interesting that the Halo on the Big A just happens to be lit up this morning. Hmmmm.

Play 1st for 5 years then DH for the remaining years left.
Not going to happen. They will sign CJ Wilson.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:44 am

The Angels, perhaps sensing they are about to lose free-agent pitcher C.J. Wilson to the Miami Marlins, jumped head-first into the bidding for slugger Albert Pujols on Wednesday night, according to two people who are familiar with negotiations but not authorized to speak about them publicly.

It appeared Pujols would be headed back to the St. Louis Cardinals after the Marlins reportedly pulled their offer, believed to be for 10 years and more than $200 million, off the table earlier Wednesday. The Cardinals are believed to have offered Pujols a nine- or 10-year deal for at least $200 million.

The Chicago Cubs are believed to be the only other team in negotiations with Dan Lozano, Pujols' agent, but it was unclear Wednesday night how aggressively they were pursuing Pujols.

Pujols, 31, has played his entire career in St. Louis, putting together a Hall of Fame resume that includes a .328 average, .420 on-base percentage, 445 home runs and 1,329 runs batted in, and his bat would provide a significant boost to an Angels lineup that ranked 10th in the American League with 667 runs last season.

Asked earlier Wednesday about Pujols, Angels General Manager Jerry Dipoto said, "We're trying to improve our club in a variety of different ways ... but that's not necessarily where our focus is."

But Dipoto also said he would not limit his efforts to upgrade the team to pitching.
"We'll continue to have parrallel talks, and that’s not solely limited to a starting pitcher," Dipoto said. "You have to have the ability to break off and move in a different direction."

For more on Pujols later tonight go to latimes.com/sports.
Hi

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 am

~44~ wrote:The Angels, perhaps sensing they are about to lose free-agent pitcher C.J. Wilson to the Miami Marlins, jumped head-first into the bidding for slugger Albert Pujols on Wednesday night, according to two people who are familiar with negotiations but not authorized to speak about them publicly.

It appeared Pujols would be headed back to the St. Louis Cardinals after the Marlins reportedly pulled their offer, believed to be for 10 years and more than $200 million, off the table earlier Wednesday. The Cardinals are believed to have offered Pujols a nine- or 10-year deal for at least $200 million.

The Chicago Cubs are believed to be the only other team in negotiations with Dan Lozano, Pujols' agent, but it was unclear Wednesday night how aggressively they were pursuing Pujols.

Pujols, 31, has played his entire career in St. Louis, putting together a Hall of Fame resume that includes a .328 average, .420 on-base percentage, 445 home runs and 1,329 runs batted in, and his bat would provide a significant boost to an Angels lineup that ranked 10th in the American League with 667 runs last season.

Asked earlier Wednesday about Pujols, Angels General Manager Jerry Dipoto said, "We're trying to improve our club in a variety of different ways ... but that's not necessarily where our focus is."

But Dipoto also said he would not limit his efforts to upgrade the team to pitching.
"We'll continue to have parrallel talks, and that’s not solely limited to a starting pitcher," Dipoto said. "You have to have the ability to break off and move in a different direction."

For more on Pujols later tonight go to latimes.com/sports.
People are starting to believe Albert is OLDER than 31 and I would be surprised if they gave him a 10 year contract.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 am

How many 1st basemen do we need? Morales and Trumbo are already going to be fighting for playing time. They're trying to move Trumbo to 3rd, but reports state that he just doesn't have the hands or the quickness to play that position. I agree that 10 years for a 31 year old will have a few good years, but a lot of declining ones. Use up a lot of money. If Vernon Wells doesn't perform, the Angels are screwed.

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 am

sbayhills wrote:How many 1st basemen do we need? Morales and Trumbo are already going to be fighting for playing time. They're trying to move Trumbo to 3rd, but reports state that he just doesn't have the hands or the quickness to play that position. I agree that 10 years for a 31 year old will have a few good years, but a lot of declining ones. Use up a lot of money. If Vernon Wells doesn't perform, the Angels are screwed.
We discussed that last night. Morales is coming back. I still say Wilson will sign with the Angels. :thumbsup:

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 am

Pujols now a done deal?

Hot Stove!!!
Hi

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:39 am

So rad that they lit up the Halo for this huge signing.

My spring training trip just got a lot more interesting
Hi

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:42 am

THANK YOU JESUS!!! Come on CJ!!! You went to FVHS...Played at Santa Ana College...PLAY FOR YOUR HOMETOWN!!!
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:43 am

Pujols IS a done deal.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:45 am

Ramon wrote:THANK YOU JESUS!!! Come on CJ!!! You went to FVHS...Played at Santa Ana College...PLAY FOR YOUR HOMETOWN!!!

Per Red, CJ is also a done deal.
Hi

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 am

Red wrote:
People are starting to believe Albert is OLDER than 31 and I would be surprised if they gave him a 10 year contract.
He's just really mature for his age so people always think he's older

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 am

Per FOX CJ Wilson gets a 5 year deal!

Jerry Dipoto > Tony Reagins
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 am

Red wrote:
Roids, Red.

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:17 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Roids, Red.
HGH, Paul
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:18 am

~44~ wrote:
HGH, Paul
Is it different, and where do I get it?

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Is it different, and where do I get it?
Yes, different and you might want to ask Noto because he hangs out in the body building forums.
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:26 am

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 am

I'm surprised wabash isn't in an uproar about these salaries as they come directly out of his pocket