Angels down the final stretch for 2008

sbayhills

Angels down the final stretch for 2008

Post by sbayhills » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Let's start here on tonights game. Nice comeback after being down by a run with a 6 run 6th. Great clutch hitting tonight, and they showed some power. Good to go into the 9th with a 3 run lead on the road in Boston. Nice start to a 10 game eastern road trip with their 3rd win in 4 games.

Parrotpaul

Re: Angels down the final stretch for 2008

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm

sbayhills wrote:Let's start here on tonights game. Nice comeback after being down by a run with a 6 run 6th. Great clutch hitting tonight, and they showed some power. Good to go into the 9th with a 3 run lead on the road in Boston. Nice start to a 10 game eastern road trip with their 3rd win in 4 games.
I'm waiting anxiously to see what happens with ManRam...dude is something else.

Angels are cooking. Can they do it again this year?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:01 pm

[
/quote]I'm waiting anxiously to see what happens with ManRam...dude is something else.

Angels are cooking. Can they do it again this year?
[/quote]

I predict that the Boston faithful are tired of losing to the Angels, and all the stops will be pulled out tonight to see it doesn't happen. I would love to see another ManRam moment. It always makes for good viewing. :lol:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:28 pm

sbayhills wrote:

I predict that the Boston faithful are tired of losing to the Angels, and all the stops will be pulled out tonight to see it doesn't happen. I would love to see another ManRam moment. It always makes for good viewing. :lol:
I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine in Maine. He thinks the Sox will let him go after this season.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 am

parrotpaul wrote: I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine in Maine. He thinks the Sox will let him go after this season.
Long as they don't let him go in our direction, I'm good. Didn't I just hear he's going to Florida?
<edit>No, I just heard he's going to the OTHER "Los Angeles."</edit>

dave \:D/

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 pm

Angels are HUGE in the Bronx tonight. Figgins has four taps, and the home plate ump is about three seconds behind plays at the plate. Pudge ha tagged the plate and was halfway to the dugout before Mathis swung around to tag him....YER OUT!!!! :mrgreen:

Texeria has two hits, and the Angels lead 12-3..top of the 8th.

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:44 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Angels are HUGE in the Bronx tonight. Figgins has four taps, and the home plate ump is about three seconds behind plays at the plate. Pudge ha tagged the plate and was halfway to the dugout before Mathis swung around to tag him....YER OUT!!!! :mrgreen:

Texeria has two hits, and the Angels lead 12-3..top of the 8th.
The thing about games like that is the Angels got a chance to learn a few things about some of their pitching. With a lead like that Scioscia was able to leave Garland in the game past 100 pitches to see how he would do. Then he was able to put in a young, unproven guy who ended up not even getting an out. Doing stuff like that rests the bullpen a bit (and after the CG from Lackey that was nearly a no-no) also has longer term benefits. The Angels have been propped up by pitching so often this year that games like this are really needed.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

kevinhurl

Post by kevinhurl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Another great win for the Angels....1-0 and that 1 came against Mariano....SWEEEEET =D>

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Great job for Santana..takes a shot to the arm, and gives up only five hits...one more than the Angels got...it's that one run that counts. =D> How many in a row road wins do they have? I know of the last 5.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 am

On a 10 game road trip to three of the toughest teams and places to play, the Angels are now 7-1. They're winning the close games, they're blowing teams out, they're winning even when they're outhit. That's what a good team does. Great way to send a message to the people on the east coast, who're usually asleep by the time the Angel game is on. This is a good team.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:36 am

The Angels are hammering Rasner in the Bronx...top of the second.. two on..one out..Figgins already has two hits....2-0 Angels.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:56 am

Parrotpaul wrote:The Angels are hammering Rasner in the Bronx...top of the second.. two on..one out..Figgins already has two hits....2-0 Angels.
A whole lot has happened between the above post and this one....20 hits, a Teixeria grand slam in the top of the 8th.....bottom of the 8th.....9-8 Yankees.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Damn!!!! If this was the last game the Angels play in the old Yankee Stadium, it isn't one they will forget for a while.

14-9 Yankees.