San Francisco bans smokeless tobacco at sporting venues

John Q. Public
Site Admin

San Francisco bans smokeless tobacco at sporting venues

Post by John Q. Public » Sat May 09, 2015 12:32 pm

From our WTF Department -

The long-standing combination of baseball and chewing tobacco will no longer be allowed in San Francisco.

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee signed an ordinance Friday that bans the use of smokeless tobacco at all sporting venues in the city, which includes AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. The ordinance, which will take effect Jan. 1, 2016, makes it illegal for anyone -- including players -- to use smokeless tobacco at the venues.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow ... story.html

They're going to have an awful lot of grouchy ball players. Earl Weaver's rolling over in his grave.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Re: San Francisco bans smokeless tobacco at sporting venues

Post by Omar Bongo » Sun May 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Nicotine gum, e-cigs, the patch...addicts will always find a way

At least it will eliminate the "free advertising" for the chewing tobacco companies

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Parrotpaul

Re: Clinton Charms DREAMers On Immigration

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 am

I smoked a lot of cigarettes over my 43 year smoking history (I quit in 1999), but I only tried chewing tobacco once. I was skiing in Maine, and on the way home my buddy pulled out a bag of chew and offered me some. I took some, and within fifteen minutes I was at the side of the road blowing apres ski stomach stuff. I had the same reaction with the first cigs I smoked, but nicotine is a powerful mistress. I always liked smoking cigs. If I live to be 90, I plan to take it up again on that birthday. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Mon May 11, 2015 6:32 am

This one is tougher to enforce than no-smoking rules. I can chew pretty surreptitiously, unlike smoking.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Mon May 11, 2015 8:41 am

Interesting picture Omar, I went to elementary and high school with Lenny. Is he still in jail?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon May 11, 2015 10:35 am

Christ, Omar, that is one nasty photo. It looks like Lenny is chewing on a frog with one of its legs hanging out.