Dodger bandwagon now accepting Angel fan

SoMelo

Re: Dodger bandwagon now accepting Angel fan

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 am

I'm not now nor will ever be a Dodger fan, but I was impressed with Martin's actions after he cracked the 3 years skull open... :thumbsup:

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 pm

~44~ wrote:Another walk-off win! This is getting crazy....
The Big Blue Bandwagon left downtown L.A. for Dodger Stadium Friday afternoon, hoping to get some Angel fans to jump ship. But the Big Blue Bandwagon blew four tires Friday night, dropped a transmission Saturday night, and ran head-on into an overpass support this afternoon.

In response, the Big Red Bandwagon has been emergency dispatched to Chavez Ravine. Anyone wearing a Big Blue jacket is welcome to climb aboard. Anyone refusing can, uh, well, "walk off."

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:25 am

MDDad wrote:Re: Dodger bandwagon now accepting Angel fan

The Big Blue Bandwagon left downtown L.A. for Dodger Stadium Friday afternoon, hoping to get some Angel fans to jump ship. But the Big Blue Bandwagon blew four tires Friday night, dropped a transmission Saturday night, and ran head-on into an overpass support this afternoon.

In response, the Big Red Bandwagon has been emergency dispatched to Chavez Ravine. Anyone wearing a Big Blue jacket is welcome to climb aboard. Anyone refusing can, uh, well, "walk off."
thank you, MDDad: You got here before I did.

But it wasn't JUST a sweep of the Dodgers that made my ears perk up during the very short blurb I got on last night's sports report on my radio: This was the first, ever, sweep of the Dodgers in Chavis Ravine... where, you'll recall, the Angels played by National League rules (meaning the pitchers also batted).

It was also only the 2nd time Jered and Jeff pitched against each other and pitched TO each other.
In came Dodgers long man Jeff Weaver, Jered's older brother. They didn't just pitch against each other, they pitched to each other. Jered struck out Jeff looking on a 2-2 pitch to start the bottom of the third, and, Jered didn't do much better with one out in the top of the fourth, grounding out to second on an 0-1 pitch. It was the second time the brothers had pitched in the same game, and the first time they had faced each other at the plate.

"He's a wuss," Jeff said of Jered for throwing a slider.

"Why's he swinging at it?" Jered shot back. "I don't know why he swung at it. He's the better hitter out of the two of us. You still got to keep him off-balance as much as possible."

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 am

Every time I need some laughs I come back to this thread :lol:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks for taking it easy on me Angel fan

I paid top $ last night to watch that bull-krap game. Even went as far to get a new cap (my other one is perfectly good but deemed bad luck by me) for the karma reasons.

Tough stretch here for the Dodgers.
Hi

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 am

Hi

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm

~44~ wrote:Thanks for taking it easy on me Angel fan

I paid top $ last night to watch that bull-krap game. Even went as far to get a new cap (my other one is perfectly good but deemed bad luck by me) for the karma reasons.

Simply put, 44, I think the Angels fans here know pretty much exactly how you feel.

This season has been hard on us. Now, give us a freeway season last year or in 2002 with this kind of result, and we're all over you like white on rice. But it's tough this year to take that much joy in the losses of another Southern California team.

Here's hoping we meet in the World Series (with the same results). :thumbsup:

O.k., now, I know a ton of Dodger Fans and every one of them needs a bit of razzing, so in that spirit, I offer you this video recollection of last night's final out. THAT must have been humiliating...

Wolves

Post by Wolves » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Buc Pride wrote:Get in why you can
Its going to be a fun ride into late October

Has a team ever had 3 all-stars start in the OF?

GO BLUE!
How many sweeps of the Dodgers will it take to convert you?

Come on out of there Devil!

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:46 am

The Dodgers are showing signs of life
Pretty much owning the NL West at this point...
2 more important games at Petco
Hi

THe Nug

Post by THe Nug » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:28 am

~44~ wrote:The Dodgers are showing signs of life
Indeed. The starting rotation is stepping up. They have not given up a run in the last six games.

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 am

Hi

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 pm

~44~ wrote:The Dodgers are showing signs of life
Squeeze me?

Then wtf is my local paper talking about? They're showing the boys down in their division as far as the Angels are in theirs...

What did I miss?
:shrug:

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:25 am

~44~ wrote:Thanks for taking it easy on me Angel fan

This one's just for you 44!!!
Dodger Dug Out.jpg
Yesterday I meet Lasorda, Honeycutt, Garvey & Dennis Mannion

Still a Halo fan to the end...But the Dodgers have treated me pretty good as of late :mrgreen: [/color]
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Looks like MLB has taken over financial control of the Dodgers.

THANK GOD!!
rent saw

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:20 pm

RMOnAir wrote: This one's just for you 44!!!
Dodger Dug Out.jpg
Yesterday I meet Lasorda, Honeycutt, Garvey & Dennis Mannion

Still a Halo fan to the end...But the Dodgers have treated me pretty good as of late :mrgreen: [/color]
I never saw this picture..

Looks like the hairline is holding up nicely...
rent saw

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:23 pm

The official statement from Commissioner Bud Selig:

"Pursuant to my authority as Commissioner, I informed Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt today that I will appoint a representative to oversee all aspects of the business and the day-to-day operations of the Club. I have taken this action because of my deep concerns regarding the finances and operations of the Dodgers and to protect the best interests of the Club, its great fans and all of Major League Baseball. My office will continue its thorough investigation into the operations and finances of the Dodgers and related entities during the period of Mr. McCourt's ownership. I will announce the name of my representative in the next several days. The Dodgers have been one of the most prestigious franchises in all of sports, and we owe it to their legion of loyal fans to ensure that this club is being operated properly now and will be guided appropriately in the future."
rent saw

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:33 pm

This move brings up a few interesting facts:

1. This all but guarantees that McCourt will be considered the worst owner of all time in any professional sport. I can't think of any owner getting his team taken away? Not even Georgia or Donald..

2. The fact that me and thousands of other Dodger fans can now end our boycott and return to Dodger Stadium.

3. The team will improve. MLB knows how to run an organization. Look at last year with the Rangers as an example. This team is real close to being an elite team again. Few key acquisitions (like last years pick up of Cliff Lee by the Rangers) and this team is over the hump and will contend this season.

Awesome early b-day present for me!
rent saw

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Buc Pride wrote:This move brings up a few interesting facts:

1. This all but guarantees that McCourt will be considered the worst owner of all time in any professional sport. I can't think of any owner getting his team taken away? Not even Georgia or Donald..

2. The fact that me and thousands of other Dodger fans can now end our boycott and return to Dodger Stadium.

3. The team will improve. MLB knows how to run an organization. Look at last year with the Rangers as an example. This team is real close to being an elite team again. Few key acquisitions (like last years pick up of Cliff Lee by the Rangers) and this team is over the hump and will contend this season.

Awesome early b-day present for me!
Wait a moment! Have they even determined who the Dodgers belong to? Last I heard Frank and his stranged wife were battling it out. Iff they both owned the Dodgers, you statement should read "The McCourts will be consider......."

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Red wrote:
Wait a moment! Have they even determined who the Dodgers belong to? Last I heard Frank and his stranged wife were battling it out. Iff they both owned the Dodgers, you statement should read "The McCourts will be consider......."

She is not the one who took out an Option ARM loan to buy the team.

...also she was too busy banging her body guard and buying houses.
.....looking forward to the opening of the books. Enron anyone?
rent saw