Dodger bandwagon now accepting Angel fan

Red

Re: Dodger bandwagon now accepting Angel fan

Post by Red » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Buc Pride wrote:

She is not the one who took out an Option ARM loan to buy the team.

...also she was too busy banging her body guard and buying houses.
.....looking forward to the opening of the books. Enron anyone?
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Had know idea. I knew they were fighting. I did hear he had her sign one set of docs and somehow tried to change things. What a geek.

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Red wrote:
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Had know idea. I knew they were fighting. I did hear he had her sign one set of docs and somehow tried to change things. What a geek.
I'm was joking about the O-ARM

...but I always defended ole Frank when people used to bring up the fact that he had to borrow MOST of the money to buy the team. I guess I just thought he was smarter than everybody else and it wasn't a big deal. Well it was/is a huge deal. I may be mistaken (I'm sure Wiley will correct me) but I think if he could have hung on through the season a huge TV deal (own network type deal) was on the horizon.
rent saw

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Buc Pride wrote:

...but I always defended ole Frank when people used to bring up the fact that he had to borrow MOST of the money to buy the team. I guess I just thought he was smarter than everybody else and it wasn't a big deal. Well it was/is a huge deal. I may be mistaken (I'm sure Wiley will correct me) but I think if he could have hung on through the season a huge TV deal (own network type deal) was on the horizon.
I honestly didnt know much about him. Wished they could have come up with some bigger trades than Uribe. I'm starting to jump on the trade Loney bandwagon. Need a better power hitter there. Love Carroll at short. Blake is getting long in the tooth at 3rd. The outfield is very good. That new kid is very good. We shall see. Did you know Garvey's kid plays for Palm Desert?

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Red wrote:I honestly didnt know much about him.
Red, Red, Red.
What generalization did I share with you privately about people from Boston just a few days ago?
Have you already forgotten?
What more did you really need to know?

I'm not clairvoyant, just perceptive.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Buc Pride wrote:

Another screw-up from New England who couldn't keep his wife from screwing the help. Fox will come through with a TV package but it'll be managed by MLB.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

Red

Post by Red » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:06 am

OPINIONATED wrote:Red, Red, Red.
What generalization did I share with you privately about people from Boston just a few days ago?
Have you already forgotten?
What more did you really need to know?

I'm not clairvoyant, just perceptive.
Wait a moment! McCourt is from Boston? Should have known! He should have called te....never mind. Too bad he wasn't successful buying the Red Sox. I lived in New Jersey and hated the Red Sox. Yankees and the Mets ruled where I lived.

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 am

<-------------- His name is Dee Gordon. Just thought you Angel fans might be curious what he looked like.
rent saw

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Buc Pride wrote:<-------------- His name is Dee Gordon. Just thought you Angel fans might be curious what he looked like.
Thanks, Buc. I've always wondered what a .230 hitter who gets demoted to the minors looks like. There must be dozens more on big league rosters, so can we get all their pictures too?

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Buc Pride wrote:<-------------- His name is Dee Gordon. Just thought you Angel fans might be curious what he looked like.
I was more concerned what 11 games back looks like...I hope Cuban or anyone else buys Los Doyers...Things look dire...McCourt suxs :thumbsdown:
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:09 am

I'd like to personally thank Sandy Kershaw and Matt Kemp for making this season almost watchable.
Hi

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:32 am

~44~ wrote:I'd like to personally thank Sandy Kershaw and Matt Kemp for making this season almost watchable.
I've never watched so little baseball in my life..But I will tell you Matt Kemp is reason enough for me to start watching
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 am

Sandy Kershaw wins 20 and makes a bid for Cy Young.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ng-award/1

Some three hours and 3,000 miles apart, Cliff Lee and Clayton Kershaw more or less settled whatever debate remained about the National League Cy Young Award.

Barring an unforeseen shellacking in his final start, the award will be Kershaw's.

Just 23 years old, Kershaw won his 20th game in grand fashion Tuesday night, shutting out the San Francisco Giants into the eighth inning. And for the fourth time this season, he out-dueled two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum in leading the Dodgers to a 2-1 victory.

Kershaw improved to 20-5, and currently holds the "Triple Crown" in NL pitching categories:

Wins -- 20, tied for first with Arizona's Ian Kennedy
ERA -- 2.27, ahead of Cincinnati's Johnny Cueto (2.31) and Philadelphia's Lee (2.38)
Strikeouts -- 242, ahead of Lee (232), Lincecum and Roy Halladay (both with 217).
He's also a very close second in WHIP (0.99 to Cole Hamels' 0.98, with Lee third at 1.03 and Halladay fourth at 1.05). Halladay (227 2/3) and Lee (226 2/3) edge Kershaw (226) in innings pitched, though that could flip as the Phillies ease up some for the playoffs.

Lee had a chance to burnish his resume Tuesday night as well, and like Kershaw he was pitching at home against a less-than-stellar lineup. But Lee gave up an uncharacteristic 11 hits in seven innings, including a home run to Danny Espinosa, and the Nationals beat him 3-2.

That game was over by the time Kershaw took the mound, and in an otherwise lost season at Chavez Ravine, the greater meaning of Tuesday's game wasn't lost on the Dodgers.

"It was special, man," outfielder Matt Kemp told the Los Angeles Times. ""Twenty-three years old, 20 wins. That's a great accomplishment. We knew what was at stake tonight."

And while the Dodgers haven't been a factor in the pennant race, a case could be made that Kershaw tipped the scales of the NL West race himself. He improved to 5-0 against the Giants, and beat Lincecum for the fourth time this season. His effort Tuesday snapped an eight-game Giants winning streak.

Kershaw became the Dodgers' first 20-game winner since Ramon Martinez. While reliever Eric Gagne won the NL Cy Young in 2003, Kershaw would be the first Dodgers starting pitcher to claim the award since Orel Hershiser in 1988.

"This is a great organization and we've had some pretty awesome pitchers come through here, so I don't take it lightly," Kershaw said afterward. "But at the same time, I haven't really thought about it or let it sink in."
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:38 am

Looks as if the no-namer from the north is still a no-namer from the north. :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:41 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Looks as if the no-namer from the north is still a no-namer from the north. :cheers:
Ha! Exactly right, Bird.

Happy B-Day!!!!!!!!!
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 am

~44~ wrote:
Ha! Exactly right, Bird.

Happy B-Day!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Buc...it's the 29th anniversary of my 39th birthday... :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:17 am

Possible sale?

Big day.
Hi

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 am

Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier all gold glovers and future hall of famers.
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:35 am

Dan Patrick said it goes up for auction, and there aren't many feeling too sorry for McCourt.

~44~

Post by ~44~ » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 am

Hopefully Mark Cuban buys the team. I guess Frank wants $1 B.
Hi

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 am

~44~ wrote:Hopefully Mark Cuban buys the team. I guess Frank wants $1 B.
Patrick quoted Cuban as saying....it's one thing to have one billion to spend on buying a team, but the new owner will also have to have enough money to be able to build the team. I suspect Cuban has the money to do both quite comfortably.