"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

broman

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Postby broman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:01 pm

On today's episode...

Trump on Wednesday undermined his intelligence officials once again, tweeting that they are “extremely passive and naive” and suggesting they “go back to school.”

His Twitter attack followed the release of intelligence agencies’ annual report on worldwide security threats, which determined the so-called Islamic State had not yet been totally defeated in Syria and found no evidence that Iran was close to producing a nuclear weapon

“I disagree with them,” the president told CBS. “I have intel people, but that doesn’t mean I have to agree. ... I want them to have their own opinion and I want them to give me their opinion. But, when I look at Iran, I look at Iran as a nation that has caused tremendous problems.”

He continued, “So when my intelligence people tell me how wonderful Iran is ― if you don’t mind, I’m going to just go by my own counsel.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... 93b2051ef9

I agree with Trump, remember when Iran chopped up that journalist? :D

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Somebody needs to explain to Don that there's a difference between the intelligence agencies' "opinions" and Faux "News" talking heads' opinions.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm

I had to turn off the pre Super Bowl interview. He sounds like he's drunk. Quite a feat since it is claimed he doesn't drink.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Print and your checklist ready.
Attachments
51895349_10212670288743443_3704985935109160960_n.jpg
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Honestly speaking, I found it none of the above. It was actually somewhat, yes I am saying it....., UNIFYING. There was even a birthday dance celebration and another for women having the all time high employment numbers. =D>

That will be my one political post for 2019...... HSFB is a bit slow.... :yawn

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:10 pm

I turned it off after the fifth time I yelled at the TV. I guess I missed the unifying part.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:26 pm

A few fact checks from the part I saw, ranging from platitudes that have been true for years to one that was an outright lie.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:58 pm

SK80 wrote:Honestly speaking, I found it none of the above. It was actually somewhat, yes I am saying it....., UNIFYING.

That's hysterical given his constant childish attacks.

Let's see how he responds going forward.

I like how he talks about compromise and unity now that he's had Pelosi kick his ass.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:26 am

So, the little orange things on Pelosi's necklace - symbolism or trophies?

pelosi orange balls.jpg
pelosi orange balls.jpg (39.48 KiB) Viewed 521 times

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm

I'm sure it was unintentional. Just like Melania's jacket.
Attachments
4D80C53500000578-5871221-In_the_White_House_The_slogan_was_there_for_all_to_see_as_Melani-a-102_1529628559015.jpg

broman

Postby broman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

So much for unity.... :steam:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:14 am

Various news outlets are reporting farm BKs are at decade high levels.

Thoughts and prayers.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 am

Leaked schedules reveal that Trump works half days on busy days. Even less on others.

How do I feel that Trump spends half his day doing nothing? Relieved.

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:52 am

Relieved, exactly! Less is more Donald! If he didn't work one more minute, that would be fantastic! In fact, how about a nice long vacation for the next couple years in beautiful Moscow???

broman

Postby broman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 pm

President Donald Trump told the crowd at his rally in El Paso, Texas, on Monday that he got special permission from the El Paso Fire Department to let 10,000 people inside the El Paso County Coliseum.

El Paso Fire Department spokesman Enrique D. Aguilar told The El Paso Times that not only did the fire department not give Trump special permission, but the Coliseum had about 6,500 people in it during the president’s rally. Aguilar says that number was at capacity and well within its standard allowance.

Now the arena holds 8,000,” said Trump, during the rally. “And thank you, fire department. They got in about 10,000. Thank you, fire department. Appreciate it.”

Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), who had previously challenged Republicans for a Senate seat, and other El Paso leaders led a counter-demonstration to Trump’s rally on Monday. Trump addressed their protest at the rally and bloviated about the number of people in attendance yet again:

“A young man who’s got very little going for himself, except he’s got a great first name… He challenged us. So we have let’s, say, 35,000 people tonight. And he has 200 people, 300 people. Not too good,” said Trump, who then said of O’Rourke...

O’Rourke received a rock star reception during the march, which seemed to include just as many chants urging him to run for president as those against Trump and the border wall. About 7,000 people went to see O'Rourke speak at the park, according to an aide, who cited law enforcement.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... 731aea8cdf
https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/11 ... d-el-paso/

Codependency at its worse. The lair and those ready and willing to be lied too.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:49 am

NBC News is reporting that after all the grief caused by the shutdown Trump will end up with the same deal he once rejected.

WASHINGTON — After a two-month battle over border funding that resulted in the longest government shutdown in U.S. history, it looks like President Trump will end up with the SAME amount of fencing/barrier money he was offered before the showdown began.

Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer offered Trump some $1.3 billion for fencing and barriers in early December, and the legislation that Congress will vote on today and the president *probably* will sign contains – wait for it – $1.375 billion for fencing and barriers at the border.

But he's a really good negotiator. The best. He even wrote a book about it.

broman

Postby broman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm

broman wrote:When does Trump sign the Enabling Act? Since he is already directing people to FOX NEWS for propaganda might as well go all in with his dictatorship.

Told ya'll it was coming. Leader of the Senate stands in his chamber and blesses the Executive to grab 8 million dollars for a non emergency.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:43 am

He is announcing a "national emergency" to redirect funds needed to build the wall.

This opens up a precedent the GOP will one day regret.

Thank you Donald.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:20 am

It's a precedent the country will regret, not dems or repubs, everybody.

The good thing is the House can take a vote to overrule his declaration. Then the senate, by law, must then make a similar vote, no matter how much McConnell tries to drag his feet, it's the law. That would be great to make everybody put their cards on the table. I foresee some very uncomfortable republicans in this scenario.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:38 am

Just as important, trump admitted there was no emergency more than once in his own speech today, At one point he said that basically the wall wasn't being built fast enough to suit him. At another point after claiming we were being "invaded" he said that of course the great people in the BP stopped the invasion but it would be easier if there was a wall.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Return to “National”