Toyota Courts Latinos With Free Hispanic Pride Stickers

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:54 pm

TORRANCE, Calif. – Toyota Motor Corp., hoping to solidify its standing as the top brand for Hispanic buyers in the U.S., is offering drivers
a series of stickers that celebrates their Hispanic heritage.

The decals contain the phrase "somos muchos," or "we are many," followed by cultures, regions and popular descriptors from all over Latin America, such as "somos muchos Mexicanos" and "somos muchos Hondurenos." The decals, designed to be stuck on bumpers or windows, come in more than 100 different versions and are available in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Toyota is offering the stickers free on the Spanish-language version of its Facebook page. It's also distributing them at upcoming festivals in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York and Chicago.

Toyota is the top brand among Hispanic buyers in the U.S., according to vehicle registration data gathered by R.L. Polk and Associates. The automaker says it has held that title since 2004.

In a recent speech to the National Council of La Raza, Toyota President Yoshi Inaba said one of every four Hispanic car buyers in the U.S. bought a Toyota last year.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/09/ ... -stickers/

http://www.facebook.com/toyota?v=wall#!/ToyotaLatino
app_full_proxy.php.jpg
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Re: Toyota Courts Latinos With Free Hispanic Pride Stickers

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:03 pm

So what? Toyota knows how to market.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Luca

Post by Luca » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm

You'd think Chebbie would have thought of it first. Luca

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:04 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:So what? Toyota knows how to market.
I couldn't find one for Americanos.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Luca wrote:You'd think Chebbie would have thought of it first. Luca
They and the Raiders already have that market share.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 am

Brooke wrote: I couldn't find one for Americanos.
Why would you expect to?
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:47 am

That's right: In your twisted mind, Hispanics cannot be Americans. :roll:
When we have assembled our critical mass to take back our land, maybe I'll hire you as my maid. :lol:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:06 am

Yes you did.

you simply cannot accept that many Americans are, in fact, Hondureños or Latinos or other nationalities of origin.

It is my observation that you're riled at Toyota for reaching out to Hispanics (or, in your vernacular, "those of the darker skin"). If you will bother to look around you (and I do not expect you will), you will notice that major organizations across all industries are marketing to specific demographics. I'm keenly aware of the insurance industry's marketing efforts, by different insurers, aimed at young, asian, hispanic, young, hispanic families, and many more.

The age of marketing that appeals to only white, middle class males is long gone. Even marketing to middle class soccer moms has been more isolated of late as our rich cultural mix is becoming much more noticeable.

Face it: Hispanics are a large group with a lot of money and, in this case, Toyota wants a fairly sizeable chunk of their disposable income. And, you know what: They're smart AND there is nothing your hatred of Hispanics can do about it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 am

Somos Muchos White Boys?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SOCTE

Post by SOCTE » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 am

It's all about Marketing . . . :thumbsup:

2010 Dodge 570 Challenger.

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:29 am

John Q. Public wrote:Somos Muchos White Boys?
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:17 am

Why not Americanos? There are Peruanos, Venezolanos, Panamenos, Puertorriquenos, Uruguayos, Mexicanos, Guatemaltecos, Hondurenos, Ecuatorianos, Salvadorenos, Cubanos, Argentinos, Chilenos, Bolivianos, Brasileiros, Colombianos, Chilenos, etc.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:24 am

Reconquista Primero wrote:That's right: In your twisted mind, Hispanics cannot be Americans. :roll:
That's not true, there are millions of Hispanics who are Americans. Why would you say something as stupid as that?
RP wrote:When we have assembled our critical mass to take back our land, maybe I'll hire you as my maid. :lol:
Uh, we have a problem Houston. In your first sentence you come on as though you think it is an insult that I supposedly do not think Hispanics can be Americans.

And then in the second sentence you separate the two by threatening to take your land back? Which is it?

I doubt very much that you will ever be in a position to hire me or anyone else for that matter. You just aren't smart enough.

If this is the best you can do well ... you are definitely overreaching. :lol:

e. rosewater

Post by e. rosewater » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:29 am

Reconquista Primero wrote: That's right: In your twisted mind, Hispanics cannot be Americans. :roll:
When we have assembled our critical mass to take back our land, maybe I'll hire you as my maid. :lol:
RP, I keep telling her, we hispanics dont' sing "We Shall Overcome." We sing, "We Shall Overwhelm."

The plan is slowly coming together.

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!
What hypocrisy looks like.

Link

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:04 am

Brooke wrote:Why not Americanos? There are Peruanos, Venezolanos, Panamenos, Puertorriquenos, Uruguayos, Mexicanos, Guatemaltecos, Hondurenos, Ecuatorianos, Salvadorenos, Cubanos, Argentinos, Chilenos, Bolivianos, Brasileiros, Colombianos, Chilenos, etc.
Because it's a MARKETING strategy. they're MARKETING to Hispanics. Hispanics are a SUB-group, a defined demographic group in the United States with disposable income: Those dim bulbs at Toyota apparently want the Hispanics, in the United States to give THEM some of their disposable income. HOW HEINOUS ... HOW OUTRAGEOUS ... what CAN they be thinking!!!

Damn businesses trying to conduct BUSINESS.

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 am

Brooke wrote:Why not Americanos? There are Peruanos, Venezolanos, Panamenos, Puertorriquenos, Uruguayos, Mexicanos, Guatemaltecos, Hondurenos, Ecuatorianos, Salvadorenos, Cubanos, Argentinos, Chilenos, Bolivianos, Brasileiros, Colombianos, Chilenos, etc.
Hey Blanca, I've got news for you: Most of those are Americanos. Some are Central Americanos, some are South Americanos.
You got your panties in a bunch because Toyota is marketing to Hispanics. Somebody asked what the problem was and you asked (paraphrasing) "Why not market to Americanos." This shows you don't consider Hispanics to be "American." It is there for everybody to see and reach their own conclusion. You have been exposed!

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 am

Brooke wrote:
That's not true, there are millions of Hispanics who are Americans. Why would you say something as stupid as that?

Uh, we have a problem Houston. In your first sentence you come on as though you think it is an insult that I supposedly do not think Hispanics can be Americans.

And then in the second sentence you separate the two by threatening to take your land back? Which is it?

I doubt very much that you will ever be in a position to hire me or anyone else for that matter. You just aren't smart enough.

If this is the best you can do well ... you are definitely overreaching. :lol:
You won't be saying that when I pay you less than minimum wage to scrub my toilets. :ROFL:
Ironically, you see what is going on: We will take back our land and you will be in the minority. Too bad nobody on this board will listen to you. Maybe it is your approach. =D>

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Reconquista Primero wrote: That's right: In your twisted mind, Hispanics cannot be Americans. :roll:
e. rosewater wrote:RP, I keep telling her, we hispanics dont' sing "We Shall Overcome." We sing, "We Shall Overwhelm."

The plan is slowly coming together.

Bwaaahaaahaaaa!!!
I don't know why you bother, everybody already knows that. Even Hispanic college professors and politicians have been up-front about that all along.

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Brooke wrote:
I don't know why you bother, everybody already knows that. Even Hispanic college professors and politicians have been up-front about that all along.
California will again be part of Mexico, my parents' homeland. It might not happen in my lifetime, but I am doing my part. \:D/

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Reconquista Primero wrote:Hey Blanca, I've got news for you: Most of those are Americanos. Some are Central Americanos, some are South Americanos. You got your panties in a bunch because Toyota is marketing to Hispanics. Somebody asked what the problem was and you asked (paraphrasing) "Why not market to Americanos." This shows you don't consider Hispanics to be "American." It is there for everybody to see and reach their own conclusion. You have been exposed!
Hey loco, only people who live in the USA call themselves Americans. You are too dumb to talk to, go slither under your rock and stay there.