HUCKCHUCKFACTS

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by GOODave » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:32 pm

No Doubt wrote:UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
So, does this mean you aren't going to analyze that senate bill for us?

Pinky
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Pinky » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:54 pm

No Doubt wrote:Also, not only is family reunification the driving force behind U.S. immigration policy, but the numbers are unlimited. Note that: UNLIMITED. UNLIMITED.

Do you know what that means??? ...
Hey, wait a minute. As of this moment there are only 6,633,759,884 people on this planet. Even if every one of them immigrates to America that is still a finite number of people. Also, even though more people are being born there would still be a limited number of people immigrating to America. There is a finite number of atoms in the universe. Even if evolution is such that humans require fewer and fewer atoms to define their physicality, still, even then, there would be a finite number of people who could immigrate to America.

User avatar
No Doubt
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:56 am

Post by No Doubt » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 am

Pinky wrote:Hey, wait a minute. As of this moment there are only 6,633,759,884 people on this planet. Even if every one of them immigrates to America that is still a finite number of people. Also, even though more people are being born there would still be a limited number of people immigrating to America. There is a finite number of atoms in the universe. Even if evolution is such that humans require fewer and fewer atoms to define their physicality, still, even then, there would be a finite number of people who could immigrate to America.
What I want to know is how many are you willing to live with before you say ENOUGH? Do you have a saturation point in mind?

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by GOODave » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:34 am

No Doubt wrote: What I want to know is how many are you willing to live with before you say ENOUGH? Do you have a saturation point in mind?
No saturation point, sweetie. By virtue of our humanity, we are and will be living with ALL of them although, as Pinky pointed out, spread across the whole planet.

Do you not WANT to live with all of them? So it's not just hispanics you hate, then? You want to start offing folks around the globe because you don't want to live on the same planet as they do?

There's a quicker answer to your dilemma, you know...

=D>

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18155
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Fordama » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:40 am

No Doubt wrote: What I want to know is how many are you willing to live with before you say ENOUGH? Do you have a saturation point in mind?
We aren't even close to any "saturation point" in terms of legal immigration. Nobody is unless they are particularly xenophobic. The problem is illegal immigration.

Fordama

User avatar
No Doubt
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:56 am

Post by No Doubt » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 am

Fordama wrote:We aren't even close to any "saturation point" in terms of legal immigration. Nobody is unless they are particularly xenophobic. The problem is illegal immigration.

Fordama
Nobody said we were Ford. I am asking Pinky his own personal opinion.

You are mistaken about the problem being just illegal immigration. Don't you ever read what I write? How many times do I have to say the same things over and over before you and your friends will stop distorting the facts?

Does it make your day when you tell lies?

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by GOODave » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:16 pm

No Doubt wrote: You are mistaken about the problem being just illegal immigration. Don't you ever read what I write? How many times do I have to say the same things over and over before you and your friends will stop distorting the facts?
Yeah, Fordy, don't you remember? Bev's the one with the plan to only admit those immigrants who pass her IQ test with a sufficient score and have proven financial resources.

Simple folks need not apply, under Bev's plan.

I remember it very clearly.

dave

User avatar
Troglodyte
Posts: 16607
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Huckabee

Post by Troglodyte » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:44 pm

Pinky wrote: Yes.

Sense of Ownership? I've always suspected that your having a notion of you owning the United States is a root of your ultra-nationalism. You're here as an accident of birth, just like most of us. You are a tourist like every one else, but with the not so exceptional trait of having not had to expend any effort or take any risks to get here. Although you can't otherwise be differentiated from two hundred million other middle class Americans you have an aristocrat's opinion of your own self importance and seem to think America is your own personal silver spoon.

What part of the United States do you own?

And by the way, you're free to leave.

Thanks.
Oh Oh.. Another neurotic liberal.
Let's give the illegals the same rights we would get in their country. :P
I don't mind giving anyone a chancr to better themselves, but first of all do it legally. Second, do it by our rules, not yours. Third, learn our language, don't try to force us to speak yours. Forth, bring something to the table, don't expect us to train you, support you, and automatically give you everything you demand. If you have nothing but a sob story, stay home. :wink:

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Huckabee

Post by GOODave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:07 am

Troglodyte wrote:Oh Oh.. Another neurotic liberal.
Let's give the illegals the same rights we would get in their country. :P
No, let's give the illegals a ticket home. Then, do what is necessary to prevent them from coming back illegally.
Troglodyte wrote:I don't mind giving anyone a chancr to better themselves, but first of all do it legally.
Agreed.
Troglodyte wrote:Second, do it by our rules, not yours.
Do it by our laws; every one of us is likely to have different "rules:" It's kind of how we got here in the first place.
Troglodyte wrote:Third, learn our language, don't try to force us to speak yours.
I don't see anyone trying to force me to learn another language. Common sense dictates that if you're in a business that is likely to interact with other cultures, you would learn some rudiments of their language and their needs (and if you really wanted to wow them, you might actually learn their language well). However, even with that being said, I do agree that anyone who wants to live here should be able to read signage, directories, and lists in English.
Troglodyte wrote:Forth, bring something to the table, don't expect us to train you, support you, and automatically give you everything you demand. If you have nothing but a sob story, stay home. :wink:
Not quite sure where you're going with this one, trog. If you are moving over to Bev's table with the IQ test and the sustainable salary requirements for citizenship, I disagree. I DO think each immigrant should bring something of value to the United States....but that can be "farm work" or "yard work" as far as I'm concerned. What I do not want to do is set the bar so high that only the creme d'la creme can get over it. That's not what we're all about...at least not historically.

dave

User avatar
No Doubt
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:56 am

Re: Huckabee

Post by No Doubt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:50 am

GOODave wrote:No, let's give the illegals a ticket home. Then, do what is necessary to prevent them from coming back illegally.
I don't know Troglodyte, but it seems logical that he is being sarcastic.
GOODave wrote:I don't see anyone trying to force me to learn another language. Common sense dictates that if you're in a business that is likely to interact with other cultures, you would learn some rudiments of their language and their needs (and if you really wanted to wow them, you might actually learn their language well). However, even with that being said, I do agree that anyone who wants to live here should be able to read signage, directories, and lists in English.
Troglodyte may be referring to the fact that legal immigrants and illegal aliens are coming into the USA in such large numbers that they are not assimilating. Also liberal wimps have made it clear that the US kowtows to all immigrants, legal or illegal. It is widely reported that the old attitudes of immigrants coming to the US to become Americans has changed to immigrants coming to the US to stay immersed in their own cultures and demand that the US cater to them.
GOODave wrote:Providing driver's license tests and voting ballots in foreign languages is evidence of this.
Not quite sure where you're going with this one, trog. If you are moving over to Bev's table with the IQ test and the sustainable salary requirements for citizenship, I disagree. I DO think each immigrant should bring something of value to the United States....but that can be "farm work" or "yard work" as far as I'm concerned. What I do not want to do is set the bar so high that only the creme d'la creme can get over it. That's not what we're all about...at least not historically.

dave
I doubt that Bev said anything about IQ tests; you are just spewing forth with more malicious lies

It shouldn't surprise anyone that lying comes so easily to you because you talk out of both sides of your mouth as you have done here. You wouldn't want to tell it like it is, but rather run all over the map so you can cover all your bases.

US immigration policy is not set up to mollycoddle immigrants but to set a standard so that American taxpayers are not burdened with taking care of themselves and their own families, plus subsidizing immigrants too. Immigration policy is used to benefit the country and its citizens or at least it used to. The last twenty or thirty years have changed so that the laws regarding self-sustainment are very rarely enforced. Congress decided some time ago to give the burden of immigrants who do not meet the qualifications for self-sustainment over to US taxpayers. Which is wrong.

The United States has never been about providing a gigantic welfare state for immigrants. You must have slipped that into your psyche as a result of being a politically correct sycophant who chooses not to be a straight talker, but rather to slither around and make false statements so that you can appear to be all things to all people. You are passive aggressive, always ready to pounce when someone doesn't follow your politically correct phony cowardly rhetoric.

User avatar
Mrs. Kravitz
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:30 am

Re: Huckabee

Post by Mrs. Kravitz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:15 am

No Doubt wrote:.....It is widely reported that the old attitudes of immigrants coming to the US to become Americans has changed to immigrants coming to the US to stay immersed in their own cultures.....
I have a question regarding this particular part of your post.

Why is it WRONG for immigrants to be immersed in their culture?? Don't we all, as human beings, have reason to be proud of who, what, and where we came from?

We're ALL immigrants here, from some other point in time. My family initially arrived in the US from Switzerland back in the early 1700's. Since then, we have added French, Irish, English, German, and American Indian peoples to our family tree. What is wrong with celebrating the various cultures, traditions and beliefs?
:: Mrs. Kravitz ::

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Huckabee

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:59 am

Mrs. Kravitz wrote: I have a question regarding this particular part of your post.

Why is it WRONG for immigrants to be immersed in their culture?? Don't we all, as human beings, have reason to be proud of who, what, and where we came from?

We're ALL immigrants here, from some other point in time. My family initially arrived in the US from Switzerland back in the early 1700's. Since then, we have added French, Irish, English, German, and American Indian peoples to our family tree. What is wrong with celebrating the various cultures, traditions and beliefs?
I agree. That's what freedom is all about.

We have American laws that need to be obeyed, but after that, citizens are pretty much free to do as they please, and that includes celebrating their own heritage.

Does it rankle me to see people waving flags from other countries at demonstrations and protests? It does. Do they have a right to do that?
They do.

Residents celebrate their heritage in numerous fashions from parades and public displays to personal in home celebrations. That's why most immigrants come to this country...it's a part of the freedom of opportunity we offer.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Datsun 510
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:09 am

Post by Datsun 510 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:02 pm

I celebrate my culture and heritage all the time. Nobody complains too much, unless it's past 10:30 pm.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Huckabee

Post by GOODave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:16 pm

No Doubt wrote: I don't know Troglodyte, but it seems logical that he is being sarcastic.
That you think it necessary to tell me you don't know her and, then, to attempt to clarify something she's said instead of letting her do her own explaining tells me you know her a lot better than you want us to THINK you know her.
No Doubt wrote: Troglodyte may be referring to the fact that legal immigrants and illegal aliens are coming into the USA in such large numbers that they are not assimilating. Also liberal wimps have made it clear that the US kowtows to all immigrants, legal or illegal. It is widely reported that the old attitudes of immigrants coming to the US to become Americans has changed to immigrants coming to the US to stay immersed in their own cultures and demand that the US cater to them.
Again, please let trogolodyte explain her own words and respond to the questions I put to her...

However, if she is referring to them not assimilating, then that is what she should say and not banty around terms like "...forcing us to learn their language..."). Also, if you have evidence (I know you don't like that term, Bev) that immigrants want us to cater to them, please provide it. "it is widely reported" is vapid and is not evidence.
No Doubt wrote:Providing driver's license tests and voting ballots in foreign languages is evidence of this.
No it's not. Although I would prefer it NOT be done, Providing official documents in a different language is accomodating, it is not "catering." Again, please provide evidence.
No Doubt wrote: I doubt that Bev said anything about IQ tests; you are just spewing forth with more malicious lies
You're the liar, Bev. You know that is or was your position. Everyone else knows it to so you might as well stop your duplicity now and avoid jettisoning that last shred of your credibiility.
Bev wrote:It shouldn't surprise anyone that lying comes so easily to you because you talk out of both sides of your mouth as you have done here. You wouldn't want to tell it like it is, but rather run all over the map so you can cover all your bases.
You're ranting again, sweetie. Wipe the spittle from your chin and the Cheetohs from your fingers and take a pill: It's time anyway.
Bev wrote:US immigration policy is not set up to mollycoddle immigrants
Neither is it set up so you can hate immigrants and set the bar so high no one can ever overcome your obstacles. Give it up Bev. You lost the argument the moment you decided to give into your hate.
Bev wrote: You must have slipped that into your psyche as a result of being a politically correct sycophant who chooses not to be a straight talker, but rather to slither around and make false statements so that you can appear to be all things to all people. You are passive aggressive, always ready to pounce when someone doesn't follow your politically correct phony cowardly rhetoric.
Well, no, but we've already discussed this. I only stand up (or "I'm only 'ready to pounce,'" as you say) to people who are dim-witted, hate-filled, unjust, or racist (and the odd sexist, too). You win the sweeps, my dear, because you are all of those and more. If you had an ounce of dignity or integrity, you would leave this community immediately and never return to subject these people to even one more hate-filled syllable.

But you're too co-dependent on us: You love to hate us because even the disrespect we give you is better than the NO respect you get in your natural environment.

The washer on spin cycle is as close to companionship you will ever get.

With no due respect,

dave

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by GOODave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:17 pm

Datsun 510 wrote:I celebrate my culture and heritage all the time. Nobody complains too much, unless it's past 10:30 pm.
:shock: That was YOU?????

Sorry about banging on the ceiling...

User avatar
Mrs. Kravitz
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:30 am

Re: Huckabee

Post by Mrs. Kravitz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:32 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:I agree. That's what freedom is all about.

We have American laws that need to be obeyed, but after that, citizens are pretty much free to do as they please, and that includes celebrating their own heritage.

Does it rankle me to see people waving flags from other countries at demonstrations and protests? It does. Do they have a right to do that?
They do.

Residents celebrate their heritage in numerous fashions from parades and public displays to personal in home celebrations. That's why most immigrants come to this country...it's a part of the freedom of opportunity we offer.
I agree wholeheartedly! I think it's wonderful that we all have the freedom to do, and appreciate, and enjoy, ALL that is offered.
:: Mrs. Kravitz ::

User avatar
Mrs. Kravitz
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:30 am

Post by Mrs. Kravitz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Fordama wrote:Nothing has happened to Christmas. It will be on December 25th just as it has always been ever since the Christians co-opted the pagan winter holiday centuries ago.

Fordama
Somebody threatened Christmas??? (As I stand here with an ornament in one hand, and tinsel on my head . . . )

Good post. =D>
:: Mrs. Kravitz ::

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 18155
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Fordama » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm

Mrs. Kravitz wrote: Somebody threatened Christmas??? (As I stand here with an ornament in one hand, and tinsel on my head . . . )
I don't know--sometimes her rants go off onto bizarre tangents.

Fordama

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by GOODave » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Mrs. Kravitz wrote: Somebody threatened Christmas??? (As I stand here with an ornament in one hand, and tinsel on my head . . . )
:roll: everybody knows tinsel goes on the shoulders...LAMPshade on the head. Tsk!

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:16 pm

I love Christmas. The Chinese restaurants aren't crowded.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Post Reply