45% of GOP Say Obama was Born Abroad

Wabash

45% of GOP Say Obama was Born Abroad

Post by Wabash » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Link

Excerpt:
A New York Times poll found that 45 percent of Republicans and 25 percent of all adults surveyed believe that President Barack Obama was born abroad. It’s question No. 72 on (Page 8 ) of the poll results.

That’s an increase over a year ago, when 20 percent of adults surveyed thought Obama was not U.S. born.

Beside the 45 percent of Republicans who think he was born in another country, 33 percent thought he was born in the U.S. and 22 percent said they didn’t know.
The GOP descent into madness continues.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Re: 45% of GOP Say Obama was Born Abroad

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Wabash wrote:Link

Excerpt: A New York Times poll found that 45 percent of Republicans and 25 percent of all adults surveyed believe that President Barack Obama was born abroad.
Geez...it was only a matter of time before they called him something else...who knew it would be a transvestite?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Seems like the rhetoric from the "Right" is working on all of idiots at least :roll:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:56 pm

slowyoroll wrote:Seems like the rhetoric from the "Right" is working on all of idiots at least :roll:
There's no shortage of idiots, either.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:59 pm

slowyoroll wrote:Seems like the rhetoric from the "Right" is working on all of idiots at least :roll:
Fordama wrote:There's no shortage of idiots, either.

Fordama
It's tough to dismiss the tenacity and persuasion of the Tea Baggers. It's scary to think how many have been duped by the far-right voices.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:03 pm

45% of GOP Say Obama was Born A broad-
Most in my crowd believe that Obama was born a man. A wimpy one, but still a man.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 pm

sbayhills wrote:
Most in my crowd believe that Obama was born a man. A wimpy one, but still a man.
Really? That's interesting. What is your conception of a "real man?"

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Paul wrote: Really? That's interesting. What is your conception of a "real man?"
Someone who has a cactus garden. :mrgreen:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Paul wrote: Really? That's interesting. What is your conception of a "real man?"
sbayhills wrote: Someone who has a cactus garden. :mrgreen:
Cool. I didn't know you were into landscaping...thought it would probably harsh the manicure.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:47 pm

sbayhills wrote:
Yah, he should have kept the bowing ally in the basement, rather than play a wimpy sport like basketball. :wink:

I think the Republicans are making a mistake if we continue to make an issue of this. Obama will end up being our next President. If we want to win, we gotta stick to the issues like spending, the war and taxes.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:02 pm

tLIB wrote:
Yah, he should have kept the bowing ally in the basement, rather than play a wimpy sport like basketball. :wink:

I think the Republicans are making a mistake if we continue to make an issue of this. Obama will end up being our next President. If we want to win, we gotta stick to the issues like spending, the war and taxes.
Too late they started all of this ridiculous crap the minute he stepped into office..they should be embarrassed..I"m sure plenty of them (the ones with sense) are.
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 pm

tLIB wrote:I think the Republicans are making a mistake if we continue to make an issue of this. Obama will end up being our next President. If we want to win, we gotta stick to the issues like spending, the war and taxes.
The only significant Republican that is trying to make an issue of the birther thing is Donald Trump, and he's only a quasi-Republican. Plus, he's only doing it for the publicity. Don't buy into these smokescreens from the left.

Far more significant toward the 2012 election within the poll to which Wabash linked was the 57% of everyone polled who disapprove of Obama's handling of the economy, and the 70% of all polled who feel that the country is moving in the wrong direction. Factor that in with continued unemployment, more home foreclosures and skyrocketing gas prices, and Charlie Sheen could run against Obama and win in 2012. Why do you think Wabash initiates all of his wacky threads? Confidence?

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:08 pm

OPINIONATED wrote: Don't buy into these smokescreens from the left.
I didn't buy into anything. I am saying we had better not make a big deal of it, otherwise he will get re-elected.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:16 pm

OPINIONATED wrote: Don't buy into these smokescreens from the left.
tLIB wrote: I didn't buy into anything. I am saying we had better not make a big deal of it, otherwise he will get re-elected.
He'd rather have you buy into the Tea Bagger blabber. But of all the libertarians on the board, you are certainly the most grounded and objective, IMO..not to mention your being pleasant. Hang in there.

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm

tLIB wrote:I am saying we had better not make a big deal of it, otherwise he will get re-elected.
And I'm saying you're wrong. Doesn't really matter how many people doubt his legitimacy, or even who initiates the debate. The economic factors I cited will be the deciding issues. Your insecurities are not evidenced by most Independents, where Obama is seeing his support absolutely run away.

Why do you think Obama is again bringing up the "pathway to citizenship" or "comprehensive immigration" issue again? That's not out of confidence on his part.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:09 pm

OPINIONATED wrote:
And I'm saying you're wrong. Doesn't really matter how many people doubt his legitimacy, or even who initiates the debate. The economic factors I cited will be the deciding issues. Your insecurities are not evidenced by most Independents, where Obama is seeing his support absolutely run away.[/quote]
The generic GOP approval rating is even worse.
OPINIONATED wrote:Why do you think Obama is again bringing up the "pathway to citizenship" or "comprehensive immigration" issue again? That's not out of confidence on his part.
What's the coincidence?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:16 pm

OPINIONATED wrote:And I'm saying you're wrong.
I don't see where I am wrong. If the Republicans bring this issue out front, we will be shot down. Now will we bring this issue out front? I doubt it. I bet Trump will fall to the wayside. We will see.
OPINIONATED wrote: Why do you think Obama is again bringing up the "pathway to citizenship" or "comprehensive immigration" issue again? That's not out of confidence on his part.
Are you saying that you believe he was born in Ireland, Norway, Kenya or some other country? I am not sure what you are saying.

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Wabash wrote:The generic GOP approval rating is even worse.
2012 won't be about the GOP - or about Obama's birthplace. It's about Independents.

At the moment, 29% identify as Republican.
29% identify as Democrat.
39% identify as Independent.

When Obama was elected, 51% of voters "leaned" Democrat, and 43% "leaned" Republican.
Currently, 40% "lean" Democrat, and 45% "lean" Republican.

Read it and weep.

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

tLIB wrote:Are you saying that you believe he was born in Ireland, Norway, Kenya or some other country? I am not sure what you are saying.
He's desperately looking for new voters. That's why he's already started his campaign, when he should be better focussed on the issues. Unfortunately, his recent fundraiser with Jamie Foxx won't help fill up your car.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:45 pm

Unfortunately, politics has come down to money. I remember reading that Ron Paul raised a ton of money through small donations, mostly from the enlisted. But it wasn't enough, I guess.

Back to the birther thing - I have been thinking about that. Here is the problem. If Trump or some other leading candidate brings it up, they think Obama must now prove he is a citizen. No, now they must prove he is not. They need to prove a negative.

Obama has already supplied a copy of the birth certificate he received from the state of Hawaii. The birthers said it was fake. Then the State officials said he was born there. NOW the birthers not only have to prove that he was not born in the US, they must also prove there was a conspiracy. And then there were the birth announcements in the newspapers. The conspiracy widens...

Did anyone see Jimmy Kimmel the other night? I thought it was strange that Trump made a big deal that the birth announcements were posted eight days after Obama's birth. "That was eight days later" Trump said (or something like that). He said it twice. Kimmel speculated that the Obama team had a time machine and went into future and found out that he would be President so they went back in time and added birth announcements - but they screwed up and put the announcements into the paper eight days later. :eh?:

I always liked Mike Huckabee. I didn't care for Mitt Romney much, but both are way better than Donald Trump. I admire the guy and read two of his books, but he will screw up the GOP's chances, IF he is the nominee.
Last edited by tLIB on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.