Is Obama Un-American?

blacklib

Is Obama Un-American?

Post by blacklib » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Does someone have the right to use the term "un-American" or "anti-American" when speaking about other Americans?
If a person does have that right then they are using or creating a standard that is American. So how can that charge not be based on someones ideology, race/ethnic group, religion, or their culture?

Lets use Monica Crowleys quote as a perfect example.
"Obama Does "Un-American" Things That Give Impression He's "Not One Of Us"

Red

Re: Is Obama Un-American?

Post by Red » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:50 pm

blacklib wrote:Does someone have the right to use the term "un-American" or "anti-American" when speaking about other Americans?
If a person does have that right then they are using or creating a standard that is American. So how can that charge not be based on someones ideology, race/ethnic group, religion, or their culture?

Lets use Monica Crowleys quote as a perfect example.
"Obama Does "Un-American" Things That Give Impression He's "Not One Of Us"
:yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn

blacklib

Post by blacklib » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Red wrote:
:yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn
Democrats in Congress need the bill more then Obama does. Do you really hate America that much, blacklib? Are you doing so poorly in life you root for the government to ...

Once again your own words prove my point.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:19 pm

blacklib wrote:
Democrats in Congress need the bill more then Obama does. Do you really hate America that much, blacklib? Are you doing so poorly in life you root for the government to ...

Once again your own words prove my point.
:yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn :yawn

Same of song and dance.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 pm

blacklib wrote:Once again your own words prove my point.
Exactly what is your point? When Obama took office America's economy was free-wheeling and out of control. Instead of tightening the screws Obama immediately started to install his liberal agenda highlighted by class-warfare. I would say that lotsa folks reeling from the shock would consider his policies un-American and him right along with his associates.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:39 pm

he's totally un American he was born in Hawaii

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 am

oceanvue wrote:he's totally un American he was born in Hawaii
Is that a city in Kenya?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 am

Wiley wrote:Exactly what is your point? When Obama took office America's economy was free-wheeling and out of control. Instead of tightening the screws Obama immediately started to install his liberal agenda highlighted by class-warfare. I would say that lotsa folks reeling from the shock would consider his policies un-American and him right along with his associates.
Wow...what a cliche-laden load of nothing.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:59 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Wow...what a cliche-laden load of nothing.
Vilepagan, meet Wiley.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:04 am

Wiley wrote:Exactly what is your point? When Obama took office America's economy was free-wheeling and out of control. Instead of tightening the screws Obama immediately started to install his liberal agenda highlighted by class-warfare. I would say that lotsa folks reeling from the shock would consider his policies un-American and him right along with his associates.
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

The economy wasn't free-wheeling, it was in freefall. He took the steps necessary to stop that freefall. Policy that has been proven to work in two of our nation's other recessions.

What shock are folks reeling from which policies that are Unamerican?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:27 am

blacklib wrote:Does someone have the right to use the term "un-American" or "anti-American" when speaking about other Americans?
Of course. Guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
blacklib wrote:If a person does have that right then they are using or creating a standard that is American.
Uhm ... huh? :eh?:
How so? (or "what are you trying to convey?")
blacklib wrote:So how can that charge not be based on someones ideology, race/ethnic group, religion, or their culture?
Because it's based on someone's behavior and/or the accuser's angst or anger at that person's behavior?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:01 am

Wiley wrote:Exactly what is your point? When Obama took office America's economy was free-wheeling and out of control. Instead of tightening the screws Obama immediately started to install his liberal agenda highlighted by class-warfare.
Wow, that's exactly what didn't happen!

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 am

Un American? this country has stood for a whole lot of horrific things that I will never forget..and it's still plagued with racism..I'm certainly no flag waiver..
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:15 am

Wabash wrote: WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!

The economy wasn't free-wheeling, it was in freefall. He took the steps necessary to stop that freefall. Policy that has been proven to work in two of our nation's other recessions.

What shock are folks reeling from which policies that are Unamerican?
Another shovel ready job, Wabbley??? "Steps necessary'?? :ROFL: "Policy proven to work in other recessions"?? :ROFL:
You've been 'snake bit' by that partisan politics BullSh*t rattler..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am

slowyoroll wrote:Un American? this country has stood for a whole lot of horrific things that I will never forget..and it's still plagued with racism..I'm certainly no flag waiver..
OH??? You actually experienced all these "horrific things"?? You mean like affirmitive action and such?? Liberals catering to you, making excuses for you, and otherwise patronizing your whole race? Set asides and racial ratios?? That kind of horror??
You definately are a flag waver, Kicks.. Too bad it's not the American flag.. Try to spout your BS in Nigeria, or the Congo, see where it gets you.
Last edited by Troglodyte on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 am

Troglodyte wrote:
OH??? You actually experienced all these "horrific things"?? You mean like affirmitive action and such?? Liberals catering to you, making excuses for you, and otherwise patronizing your whole race? Set asides and racial ratios?? That kind of horror??
You definately are a flag waver, Kicks.. Too bad it's not the American flag
****..you are completely ignorant.
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 am

slowyoroll wrote:
****..you are completely ignorant.
And you, m'dear, are seeing racial boogeymen where practically none exist..

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:28 am

Troglodyte wrote:
And you, m'dear, are seeing racial boogeymen where practically none exist..
Says the board bigot

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am

Troglodyte wrote: And you, m'dear, are seeing racial boogeymen where practically none exist..
"Where" being Huntington Beach, CA?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Former UN Ambassador John Bolton makes a good case as to why Obama is anti-American and un-American.

John Bolton on Law, "International Law," and American Sovereignty
By John R. Bolton
January 11, 2011

To President Obama, the concept of international law is palpable, as his September 2009 speech to the U.N. Security Council emphasized: "[W]e must demonstrate that international law is not an empty promise, and that treaties will be enforced." Many in his administration are doing their utmost to subvert America's well-deserved reputation as an adherent of the rule of law by subordinating it to the dangerous concept that international law, as defined by its high priests, overrides our domestic law, including in the judiciary.

Customary international law used to refer to "state practice" in international affairs, a generally sensible way of deciding such questions as navigation protocols, reflecting what seafaring states have done over the centuries. In recent decades, however, the academic Left has seized on customary law as a fertile field for imposing its own ideological standards internationally and binding countries to "laws" they never explicitly approved.

" ... they have, in essence, launched an international power play to move outside of our legal systems. They find much greater prospects for success in international forums like the United Nations than in the U.S. Congress. Hence, the role and limits of international law, determining what is legally binding for our international conduct and domestic policy, will be a critical area of debate in the coming years."

The most visible, immediate impact of President Obama's fascination with international law appears in the global war against terrorism, a term he tries to avoid. Instead, he adopted the view widely held in Europe and among legal theorists that terrorist threats and attacks should be treated under the criminal law enforcement paradigm, rather than as attacks on America subject to the law of war. The question is whether we treat terrorists simply as bank robbers on steroids or as national security threats to which we should respond in legitimate self-defense. The Obama administration strongly supports the criminal law paradigm, which most Americans emphatically reject.

Thus, reflecting the law-enforcement approach, Obama rapidly ordered the closure of the Guantanamo Bay terrorist detention facility and either the release of those still detained or their transfer to the United States. He also pushed to abandon "enhanced interrogation" techniques and insisted upon trying as many terrorists as possible in civilian courts, under ordinary criminal law procedures rather than in military tribunals. This mindset's strong ideological roots reflect the administration's fundamental acceptance of leftist conventional wisdom on international law. Under this view, for Obama, closing Gitmo is not just good policy but, more importantly, "norms" America with international opinion on handling terrorists.

Why we should defer to international norms on terrorism is, to say the least, unclear. The U.N. has repeatedly tried and failed to reach a comprehensive definition of terrorism. Its continuing inability to agree on something so fundamental helps explain why the U.N., particularly the Security Council, has been AWOL in the war on terrorism, and why international norms should not dissuade us even slightly from legitimate self-defense efforts.

Unfortunately, mishandling the war against terrorism doesn't end with distorting the correct legal and political paradigms to combat it. The Obama administration has broader ambitions as well, including an ill-concealed desire to join the International Criminal Court (ICC). Although billed as a successor to the Nuremberg tribunals, the ICC, in fact, amounts to a giant opportunity to second-guess the United States and the actions we take in self-defense. The ICC's enormous potential prosecutorial power awaits only the opportunity to expand almost without limit.
http://www.aei.org/article/102995
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?