Is Obama Un-American?

Fordama

Re: Is Obama Un-American?

Post by Fordama » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Brooke wrote:Former UN Ambassador John Bolton makes a good case as to why Obama is anti-American and un-American.

John Bolton on Law, "International Law," and American Sovereignty
By John R. Bolton
January 11, 2011
...Many in his administration are doing their utmost to subvert America's well-deserved reputation as an adherent of the rule of law by subordinating it to the dangerous concept that international law, as defined by its high priests, overrides our domestic law, including in the judiciary.[/b]
I wonder if part of Bolton's brain dies when he writes something like that?

Let's start with the "logic" of his statement: Our "reputation" as an adherent of the "rule of law" is damaged by following international law? Brilliant. He then goes on to criticize Obama for wanting to handle terrorism as a violation of law. Bolton needs to get his marbles checked.

Now a quick couple of facts. First, we have no such reputation as a government with a particularly great adherence to the "rule of law." Our government has a long history of ignoring laws domestically and abroad for a couple of centuries now. It's dang near a tradition.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

slowyoroll

Post by slowyoroll » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Come on Bev...You can't be serious..how about posting your own opinion rather than someone else's garbage?
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:37 pm

slowyoroll wrote:Come on Bev...You can't be serious..how about posting your own opinion rather than someone else's garbage?
She can't. Several here can't ... they think how clever they are being so capable of cutting and pasting someone else's opinion.

Really torques me off, though, that she's ruined another perfectly good argument. How'm I supposed to come in here being a complete ass when she's beat me in?
:poof:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Another shovel ready job, Wabbley??? "Steps necessary'?? :ROFL: "Policy proven to work in other recessions"??
Same policies as Reagan and FDR. Worked for both of them.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Fordama wrote: I wonder if part of Bolton's brain dies when he writes something like that?

Let's start with the "logic" of his statement: Our "reputation" as an adherent of the "rule of law" is damaged by following international law? Brilliant. He then goes on to criticize Obama for wanting to handle terrorism as a violation of law. Bolton needs to get his marbles checked.

Now a quick couple of facts. First, we have no such reputation as a government with a particularly great adherence to the "rule of law." Our government has a long history of ignoring laws domestically and abroad for a couple of centuries now. It's dang near a tradition.

Fordama
So you know better than John Bolton?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Fordama wrote: I wonder if part of Bolton's brain dies when he writes something like that?

Fordama
Red wrote: So you know better than John Bolton?
Do you think John Bolton is all-knowing or something? What makes you think people can't think and reason differently than John Bolton and be accurate?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Paul wrote:

Do you think John Bolton is all-knowing or something? What makes you think people can't think and reason differently than John Bolton and be accurate?
If they then know better, they should be working for the white house. And yes, Bolton is a hell of a lot smarter than anybody on this board.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Troglodyte wrote: OH??? You actually experienced all these "horrific things"?? You mean like affirmitive action and such?? Liberals catering to you, making excuses for you, and otherwise patronizing your whole race? Set asides and racial ratios?? That kind of horror??
You definately are a flag waver, Kicks.. Too bad it's not the American flag.. Try to spout your BS in Nigeria, or the Congo, see where it gets you.
Try to spout your BS out in the real world and not in the safety of cyberspace, where every put-upon old cracker can spew his bile and not have to watch people shake their heads and walk away. :L:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Red wrote:And yes, Bolton is a hell of a lot smarter than anybody on this board.
Good gawd, Michael Bolton is smarter than anybody on this board.

Anybody at such odds with the U.N. as John Bolton can't be all bad.
Hard to find a more anti-American body than the U.N.

Though Shiloh Baptist Church might come in a close second.
More black-liberation theology means it's beyond time to rally the base.

blacklib

Post by blacklib » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:22 pm

GOODave wrote:Of course. Guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

Uhm ... huh? :eh?:
How so? (or "what are you trying to convey?")
Because it's based on someone's behavior and/or the accuser's angst or anger at that person's behavior?
Who defines what is the norm or standard of acceptable American behavior? I don't believe that anybody has the right to declare who they are or what the believe as American and anything outside of their race or beliefs is un-American. However, many conservatives do think along those lines.

blacklib

Post by blacklib » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:31 pm

[quote="Brooke"]Former UN Ambassador John Bolton makes a good case as to why Obama is anti-American and un-American.

John Bolton on Law, "International Law," and American Sovereignty
By John R. Bolton
January 11, 2011

To President Obama, the concept of international law is palpable, as his September 2009 speech to the U.N. Security Council emphasized: "[W]e must demonstrate that international law is not an empty promise, and that treaties will be enforced." Many in his administration are doing their utmost to subvert America's well-deserved reputation as an adherent of the rule of law by subordinating it to the dangerous concept that international law, as defined by its high priests, overrides our domestic law, including in the judiciary.

Can you explain why Bolton or anybody else is qualified to declare Obama's policies un-American?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Here is a perfect example of how Liberals like yourself cannot possibly hope to survive on this planet long term. Are you pretending that you are too dense to understand what Bolton laid out very clearly?

Can you fill me in on how you can read something that is posted on a public forum and pretend it doesn't exist? Or are you so far gone that you have reached Liberal nirvana that eliminates what you don't like from existing at all?
Ford wrote:Now a quick couple of facts. First, we have no such reputation as a government with a particularly great adherence to the "rule of law."
Really! Then why is our government the first one looked to help out when a crisis arises?
Ford wrote:Our government has a long history of ignoring laws domestically and abroad for a couple of centuries now. It's dang near a tradition.

Fordama
How can you possibly look at history and say something so irresponsible and wrong? Who took the lead in patching the world back together after WWII? It's disgraceful that you are so anti-American and just flat-out dumb. I feel very sorry for the kids that have you as a teacher.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Paul wrote:Do you think John Bolton is all-knowing or something? What makes you think people can't think and reason differently than John Bolton and be accurate?
Do you have anything to say that actually means something? Do you agree with Obama and his administration on promoting international law over American sovereignty? Do you want your country to look to the UN for advice and orders rather than deciding for ourselves?

Oh, that's right, you support mass immigration so you are in favor of having your own country taken over by immigrants from third world countries to decide its fate and yours. So, you are no doubt on board with the usurping of American sovereignty by faceless foreign nationals.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:10 pm

blacklib wrote:
Can you explain why Bolton or anybody else is qualified to declare Obama's policies un-American?
You don't see any of Obama's actions and words as indicative of how he thinks and what his plans are? Do you approve of international law taking precedence over American laws and sovereignty?

Why would anyone in their right mind want to opt for international law over U.S. law? Can you explain that?

That is treason blacklib. Is that where you want the power of law to be for the USA? Is there something wrong with you?

Honestly, are you so naive that you would be willing to turn over our sovereignty to a one world government, which this is all about?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Red wrote:
So you know better than John Bolton?
No. Bolton knows better, but he's got an agenda to push. He knows that plenty of people like bev will swallow that kind of chum hook, line, and sinker.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm

blacklib wrote:Does someone have the right to use the term "un-American" or "anti-American" when speaking about other Americans?
Conservatives did it all the time when Bush was president. Any criticism of Bush was immediately denounced as Unamerican because Bush was a wartime president with troops in harms way. Any criticism was denounced as being injurious to troop morale and emboldening our enemies by showing them we were divided.

Now of course conservatives believe criticizing the president is a god given right under the constitution and is de rigueur.

Makes one yearn for the good old days of 2002.
Last edited by Wabash on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 am

Fordama wrote: No. Bolton knows better, but he's got an agenda to push. He knows that plenty of people like bev will swallow that kind of chum hook, line, and sinker.

Fordama
I see you are speaking in tongues again. Will swallow what kind of chum blah, blah, blah? You have a particular talent for spending a lot of time saying nothing.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:10 am

Brooke wrote:I see you are speaking in tongues again. Will swallow what kind of chum blah, blah, blah? You have a particular talent for spending a lot of time saying nothing.
You don't believe the US has ever ignored its own laws? You're not well read, are you?

Do you need at least one example?

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 am

Wabash wrote: Conservatives did it all the time when Bush was president. Any criticism of Bush was immediately denounced as Unamerican because Bush was a wartime president with troops in harms way.
You're only partially right.

Liberal thugs and loons also called President Bush "un-american" just about any time he made a decision they didn't like.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 am

Brooke wrote:I see you are speaking in tongues again.
Those are called connected ideas. Someday you'll have a couple.

Fordama