Democrat gloom and doom

Donray

Democrat gloom and doom

Post by Donray » Sat May 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Received an email from our Senator with typical scare tactics.
Dear Friend:

This week the U.S. House of Representatives approved a dangerous new bill that would open California’s coast to new offshore drilling while doing nothing to reduce gas prices for consumers.

This Republican bill is a direct assault on California’s $23 billion coastal economy and the nearly 390,000 jobs in tourism, fishing and recreation that depend on a clean coast.
Typical Obama and the Democrat response to Republican legislation. How can Barbara say that drilling will do absolutely nothing for the cost of gas? Another Democrat and Obama lie?

Why are all the Democrats gloom and doom? The first thing they want to do is lay off teachers and police. Any oil exploration will cause a complete disaster and kill all the moose.

Fordama

Re: Democrat gloom and doom

Post by Fordama » Sat May 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Donray wrote:Received an email from our Senator with typical scare tactics.

Typical Obama and the Democrat response to Republican legislation. How can Barbara say that drilling will do absolutely nothing for the cost of gas? Another Democrat and Obama lie?

Why are all the Democrats gloom and doom? The first thing they want to do is lay off teachers and police. Any oil exploration will cause a complete disaster and kill all the moose.
You don't know doom-and-gloom until you get on conservative political emailing lists.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sat May 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Fordama wrote:You don't know doom-and-gloom until you get on conservative political emailing lists.

Fordama
:shrug:

Sounds to me like he knows it...

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sat May 14, 2011 4:13 pm

GOODave wrote: :shrug:

Sounds to me like he knows it...
Here's some fun: Newsmax is still pushing Donald Trump stories. It's pretty amusing.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Fordama wrote: Here's some fun: Newsmax is still pushing Donald Trump stories. It's pretty amusing.

Fordama
What's amusing is that he's still talking at all.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sat May 14, 2011 4:35 pm

GOODave wrote: What's amusing is that he's still talking at all.
I think that Jabber is his default position!

Fordama

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat May 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Donray wrote:Received an email from our Senator with typical scare tactics.

Drilling here won't have too much effect on the price at the pump, at least for a couple of years, by then the price will be a lot higher than it is now.
It would lessen our negative balance of trade. Which would be good in the long run.
Kinda funny that our dubious duo, Boxer and Finestien, are foaming at the mouth over off shore oil wells, but are flirting with off shore wind farms.
Lack of fuel for those jets bringing in the tourists, rental cars, and power for D'land, Knott's, and all those hotels would crimp the tourist industry too.. --:--
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat May 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Fordama wrote:You don't know doom-and-gloom until you get on conservative political emailing lists.

Fordama
:ROFL: As if the dems aren't claiming we're all gonna die unless we listen to them too... Give it a rest, Fraudy.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat May 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Fordama wrote: Here's some fun: Newsmax is still pushing Donald Trump stories. It's pretty amusing.

Fordama
Kinda tells you how weak they think Obama is when they throw the B Team at him.. :ROFL: Trump doesn't stand a chance.
These are just the stalking horses, until the real candidates figure out which way the wind is blowing. Too early to get excited yet.

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sat May 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Drilling here won't have too much effect on the price at the pump, at least for a couple of years, by then the price will be a lot higher than it is now.
More like ten years.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sat May 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Troglodyte wrote: Kinda tells you how weak they think Obama is when they throw the B Team at him..
You pretty much have that ass-backwards. The fact that Trump got any traction shows that the Republicans had nothing to put up any better.

Now hopefully in a year someone with some integrity and a triple-digit IQ will emerge, but right now we aren't seeing it.

Fordama

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sat May 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Fordama wrote: You pretty much have that ass-backwards. The fact that Trump got any traction shows that the Republicans had nothing to put up any better.

Now hopefully in a year someone with some integrity and a triple-digit IQ will emerge, but right now we aren't seeing it.

Fordama
That's a pretty high bar.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Sat May 14, 2011 8:51 pm

pshaw wrote: That's a pretty high bar.
For any politician, regardless of left or right.

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sat May 14, 2011 9:06 pm

crayegg wrote:
For any politician, regardless of left or right.
Indeed. Before Obama, the last one to make it to the White House was GHWB. Before that,...??? :-k

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Hard to say, you get back to Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt. Things were so different back then it's hard to judge on an even playing field.

Wiley

Post by Wiley » Sat May 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Fordama wrote: You pretty much have that ass-backwards. The fact that Trump got any traction shows that the Republicans had nothing to put up any better.

Fordama
Nothing changes with you Ford... whatever sticks to the wall is in your arsenal. Republicans didn't invite Trump into the camp. However, it appears that a lot of folks angry and disappointed with Obama's failed promises have adopted The Donald because he's not a beltway politician and throws a lot of fastballs down the middle.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sun May 15, 2011 3:31 am

crayegg wrote:Hard to say, you get back to Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt. Things were so different back then it's hard to judge on an even playing field.
egg-zactly

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sun May 15, 2011 3:54 am

Wiley wrote:...Republicans didn't invite Trump into the camp...
Yes, under the bus with him! Hi-yo!
Wiley wrote:...However, it appears that a lot of folks angry and disappointed with Obama's failed promises have adopted The Donald...
That's the silver lining in all this, orphans need adopting. I hope he finds a good home...I hear rural New Jersey is nice.
Wiley wrote:...because he's not a beltway politician and throws a lot of fastballs down the middle...
Yeah, that's Obama, your prototypical "beltway politician" :roll:
Wiley wrote:...whatever sticks to the wall is in your arsenal...
By Grabthar's hammer, we desperately need an irony smiley for stuff like this!

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sun May 15, 2011 8:15 am

Wiley wrote:Nothing changes with you Ford... whatever sticks to the wall is in your arsenal. Republicans didn't invite Trump into the camp. However, it appears that a lot of folks angry and disappointed with Obama's failed promises have adopted The Donald because he's not a beltway politician and throws a lot of fastballs down the middle.
He throws nothing but crap against the wall. He has no practical proposals, talks out of both sides of his mouth (bad mouthing China while doing direct business with them) and generally is a political joke.

Unfortunately there are some boobs who have taken him seriously. You can't just ignore that and pretend that it didn't happen. Trump saw a vacuum and jumped in to fill it with hot air.

Fordama

18echo
Oversight Committee

Post by 18echo » Sun May 15, 2011 8:45 am

Troglodyte wrote:Trump doesn't stand a chance.
I'm kinda half-hoping that Trump will run a season of "Apprentice" to choose a running mate.
"Hoc spatium adsuesco assuesco pro profunda rhetoricam."