Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 am

By Todd Starnes, Fox News & Commentary

Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

It’s become something of a sport to attack Christians in this nation. In recent days a cross was removed from a Christian chapel on an Army base because it violated regulations. Symbols of the Christmas season have been removed from public squares and public schools because they might offend non-Christians. And in Washington, D.C., Christian teenagers were forced to pray in a gutter after police told them it was illegal to pray on a sidewalk outside the Supreme Court.

Read the full story on Fox News & Commentary

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/tim-tebow/201 ... z1fy5FPpkw
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

Parrotpaul

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

SLK230 wrote:Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Tim Tebow’s success as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos has done little to silence his critics who believe that his faith in Jesus Christ has no business on the football field. It doesn’t matter how many touchdown passes he throws or how many games he wins because Tebow will always be a lightning rod for anti-Christian bigots.

It’s become something of a sport to attack Christians in this nation. In recent days a cross was removed from a Christian chapel on an Army base because it violated regulations. Symbols of the Christmas season have been removed from public squares and public schools because they might offend non-Christians. And in Washington, D.C., Christian teenagers were forced to pray in a gutter after police told them it was illegal to pray on a sidewalk outside the Supreme Court.

I feel a need to weep for the sake of humanity.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 am

Parrotpaul wrote: I feel a need to weep for the sake of humanity.

Nobody is stopping you.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:42 am

Are stupid jokes all you are capable of? How about something that actually adds to the discourse for a change.
Thought for the day:

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 am

No need to weep, Paul: Humanity makes its own choices and, fortunately or unfortunately, we will each bear the consequences of those choices.

The anti-Christian double standard has long been part of my observation of Liberals, including our president who seems to disdain Christiians while claiming to be one. I've seen any number of reports of liberals attacking Christians with absolutley no respect for their rights. Such as this report(and this is not the only vid of that event) about Castro district (San Francisco) gays harassing and attacking Christians because thoe uppity Christians dared to pray for them. Or this articleabout the atheists annual attack on Christmas.

One has to wonder where the "diversity" is that they otherwise trumpet at anyone who stands still long enough. "the party of inclusion?" I think not. Al's article is but one more example in a pretty long list.
Last edited by GOODave on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

Red wrote: Nobody is stopping you.
OK. I've finished.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 am

Red wrote: Nobody is stopping you.
OK. I've finished.....get on with the outrage.

Red

Post by Red » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 am

Parrotpaul wrote:

OK. I've finished.....get on with the outrage.
Nah. Just pity.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 am

Red wrote:
Nah. Just pity.
Pity Tebow....why?

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 pm

GOODave wrote: No need to weep, Paul: Humanity makes its own choices and, fortunately or unfortunately, we will each bear the consequences of those choices.

The anti-Christian double standard has long been part of my observation of Liberals, including our president who seems to disdain Christiians while claiming to be one. I've seen any number of reports of liberals attacking Christians with absolutley no respect for their rights. Such as this report(and this is not the only vid of that event) about Castro district (San Francisco) gays harassing and attacking Christians because thoe uppity Christians dared to pray for them. Or this articleabout the atheists annual attack on Christmas.

One has to wonder where the "diversity" is that they otherwise trumpet at anyone who stands still long enough. "the party of inclusion?" I think not. Al's article is but one more example in a pretty long list.
As a Christian I find what Tebow does offensive.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Yes, the poor, poor Christians are just sooooo picked on...

WAAAGH!

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Notorious wrote: As a Christian I find what Tebow does offensive.
and, of course, that is absolutely your right to express. But IMO you would cross a line if you were to take steps to prevent him from doing so.

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm not fooled for a minute. I think Tebow just does all that Christian stuff to try and trick God into making him a better football player. Seems to be working pretty good though

SLK230

Post by SLK230 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Notorious wrote: As a Christian I find what Tebow does offensive.

As an atheist I find what Tebow does not offensive at all, why would it be?
Thought for the day:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't know why this is a big deal to anyone. Christian or not. Those that don't believe in his religious principles can either hit the "mute" button or change the channel when Tebow starts prosletyzing.

He's a good player and is playing well. Congrats to him. His religious beliefs are immaterial.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:42 pm

SLK230 wrote:

As an atheist I find what Tebow does not offensive at all, why would it be?
I feel injecting God into sports is offensive.

Sports is popular but ultimately meaningless and I feel praying about a football game or thanking God when you do well is wrong.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Wabash wrote:I don't know why this is a big deal to anyone. Christian or not. Those that don't believe in his religious principles can either hit the "mute" button or change the channel when Tebow starts prosletyzing.

He's a good player and is playing well. Congrats to him. His religious beliefs are immaterial.
But he's not proselytizing. He's observing his own faith in front of a lot of people. Proselytizing would be him trying to recruit others: I don't see his display being intended to convert (or recruit) anyone.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 pm

GOODave wrote:I don't see his display being intended to convert (or recruit) anyone.
But it is on display, and that's not an accident. If he's going to display his religion for all to see he's got to expect people to react to it and those reactions will vary. Reading the entire article it's clear that some of his teammates and fellow players have spoken out about it and he's been mocked on the field for it.

You know I'm not a Christian, but if I was I don't think I'd go in for that sort of public display. I don't really understand the guys that run into the end zone and drop to one knee, maybe point at the sky...do they really think God cares about the football game....and what about the guy on the other team praying just as hard?

If you want the freedom to proclaim your religion publicly, others must have the freedom to publicly denounce your religion.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:57 pm

SLK230 wrote:Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

After reading the op-ed in its entirety, I must say that's one of the whiniest, most misleading, self-serving pieces of propaganda I've seen in awhile. That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back, and I feel stupider for having read the thing. I definitely don't recommend anyone else read that laughable diatribe. The really depressing thing is that the obnoxious felon who wrote it probably got paid some decent coin for conjuring up that steaming pile out of the dark recesses of his twisted psyche. The author should be horsewhipped for his effrontery.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
After reading the op-ed in its entirety, I must say that's one of the whiniest, most misleading, self-serving pieces of propaganda I've seen in awhile. That's five minutes of my life I'll never get back, and I feel stupider for having read the thing. I definitely don't recommend anyone else read that laughable diatribe. The really depressing thing is that the obnoxious felon who wrote it probably got paid some decent coin for conjuring up that steaming pile out of the dark recesses of his twisted psyche. The author should be horsewhipped for his effrontery.
"Forget it, Vile. It's Fox "News"."

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump