Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Red » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
That works for me. Maybe someone should suggest that for the author of the trash piece that was posted in the OP.

How about taking a stab at the questions I asked?

Would you be so full of praise for Tebow the Mormon, or Tebow the Scientologist? (or the Muslim or the Jew)

Isn't at least part of your reason for supporting his choice of venue for his message some agreement with the message itself?
Tebow is a CHRISTIAN and he is a winner.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

not4u13
Posts: 5481
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by not4u13 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:34 am

Notorious wrote: 1. False, Tebow has been heavily criticized since being drafted in the first round by the Denver Broncos. Josh McDaniels pretty much lost his job over it. He was criticized heavily before the draft and during his first year. If you meant to say it wasn't until lately that he was criticized for how he represents his beliefs, I'd say that it's become louder. Even in college people were arguing that his bible verses on the eye black was offensive.

2. Tebow isn't a rookie.
I stand corrected. His rookie year was last year, when he started one game I think. The point was that folks felt that Tebow was overrated when he was drafted and wasn't yet ready for the starting job in Denver. Neither of those had to do with his faith.

I also think your perspective on religion as it relates to sports is way off. I have never met a Christian athlete who has prayed to God for a win. All prayers I have ever been involved with, heard or discussed with anyone have all been about strength and safety to persevere in the battle that was about to ensue and postgame prayers are often done by members of both teams to pray for those who may have become injured and to thank the Lord for keeping them safe.

Most Christian athletes, including Tebow, understand that this is just a game and that the Lord has no interest in its outcome. Sure, there may be some misguided Christian athletes out there, but it isn't the norm.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 am

not4u13 wrote:
I stand corrected. His rookie year was last year, when he started one game I think. The point was that folks felt that Tebow was overrated when he was drafted and wasn't yet ready for the starting job in Denver. Neither of those had to do with his faith.

I also think your perspective on religion as it relates to sports is way off. I have never met a Christian athlete who has prayed to God for a win. All prayers I have ever been involved with, heard or discussed with anyone have all been about strength and safety to persevere in the battle that was about to ensue and postgame prayers are often done by members of both teams to pray for those who may have become injured and to thank the Lord for keeping them safe.

Most Christian athletes, including Tebow, understand that this is just a game and that the Lord has no interest in its outcome. Sure, there may be some misguided Christian athletes out there, but it isn't the norm.
He actually started 3 games last year iirc going 1-2 in them. I didn't say those had to do with his faith, although he was also criticized in college for using his platform to talk about things he probably shouldn't be, hell his prolife commercial came up heavily his senior year in college.

I admitted that praying for a win is not the norm for Christian athletes. Tim Tebow is not the norm when it comes to Christian athletes, which is exactly why I used him as an example. I wouldn't doubt Tim Tebow has prayed to play well. Whenever he "Tebows" (drops to one knee and prays) it's always after he's gone for the go ahead score. Why is that? I watched every minute of his 45-10 shellacking, they never showed Tebow going to one knee during that game. Perhaps he did and the media missed it, but I doubt they would get every other time he did it, and miss this one. He may not directly pray for a win, but I have no doubt he thanks God for a win which is just as bad, imo.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 am

I like winners no matter the reason.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 am

SLK230 wrote:I like winners no matter the reason.
That's because you're a bandwagoner.

But that has nothing to do with Christians, just has to do with you being a poor sports fan.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24570
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Wabash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:10 am

SLK230 wrote:I like winners no matter the reason.
Wow. So you like Obama? He's won every election where he put his name on the ballot.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 am

Notorious wrote: That's because you're a bandwagoner.

But that has nothing to do with Christians, just has to do with you being a poor sports fan.
Exactly that is why I am a big Cardinals fan. It hasn't been easy ever since Warner left.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 am

Wabash wrote: Wow. So you like Obama? He's won every election where he put his name on the ballot.
I do like Obama, as he is a likable guy. What I don't like are his failed radical socialistic polices.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:25 am

SLK230 wrote:
Exactly that is why I am a big Cardinals fan. It hasn't been easy ever since Warner left.
Did you become a Cardinals fan when you moved to Arizona and Warner made the team good? Because if so then it makes sense to call you a bandwagoner.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Notorious wrote: Did you become a Cardinals fan when you moved to Arizona and Warner made the team good? Because if so then it makes sense to call you a bandwagoner.

Honestly I never heard the term bandwagoner before and I had to look it up.

In OC we haven't had a team since the RAMs left. I was a Raiders fan and had season tickets until they moved back to Oakland.

I think if just felt good to have a home team. In Tucson every game is televised much makes it nicer. I would have been a fan of the Cardinals no matter what. The last few games have really be exciting.

I am still not sure I get your point.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

User avatar
Wiley
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Wiley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:09 pm

SLK230 wrote:I like winners no matter the reason.
Notorious wrote:That's because you're a bandwagoner.

But that has nothing to do with Christians, just has to do with you being a poor sports fan.
You want to know what makes a poor sports fan?

1. A guy who bags on his high school football coach because he wasn't a star.
2. A guy who sits on the opponent's side when his alma mater plays.
3. A guy who continues to post a signature with a photo of an injured football player.
4. A guy who has little good to say about those who appreciate success i.e., bandwagoners.
"If you love me you've got to help me pass this bill." - Barak Obama

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Notorious » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Wiley wrote: You want to know what makes a poor sports fan?

1. A guy who bags on his high school football coach because he wasn't a star.
2. A guy who sits on the opponent's side when his alma mater plays.
3. A guy who continues to post a signature with a photo of an injured football player.
4. A guy who has little good to say about those who appreciate success i.e., bandwagoners.
It's always funny when you try to fit me into one of your little boxes Wiley, it's like watching a baboon trying to make sense of a calculator. He may be pressing the buttons but he doesn't actually understand what he's doing at all.

1. I bag on old football coach because he's a dbag, he didn't decide how much I played if I was mad about being a star I'd be mad at someone like Crawford or Sherman both of which I hold in high regard.

2. I sit on the opponent side so I don't have to talk to people I don't want to talk to... It truly is nothing more than that. Why put myself in an awkward situation when I can easily watch the game in peace with my friends on the other side.

3. The post is a tribute, mainly about how 2 teams who in a highly anticipated and very high profile game came together, after the first play and suddenly the trinity league championship didn't mean near as much as making sure the player was okay. Also it is my favorite picture of Luca.

4. Yay you got 1 right! 1/4 you're getting better. I don't appreciate anything about bandwagoners. And what sports fan doesn't know that SLK?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24570
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Wabash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 pm

SLK230 wrote: I do like Obama, as he is a likable guy. What I don't like are his failed radical socialistic polices.
Which ones are failed policies? Why do you consider them failed?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SoMelo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 pm

danieltosh daniel tosh :
"the lord works in mysterious ways" save that for the millions of kids dying of hunger, not tebow squeaking out wins against $hlt teams.
:notworthy:

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:01 am

Wabash wrote: Which ones are failed policies? Why do you consider them failed?
During the campaign he promised just about anything and everything. He has yet to deliver.
The $787 billion stimuli's package huge failure.
1.5 trillion dollar budget deficit.
His world apology tour. (We have nothing to apologize for)
Unemployment is still way to high and worse yet is he doesn't seem to care.
Obama care
Not approving the pipeline.
Having an admitted communist working in the White-house as a jobs advisor.
GE not paying taxes on billions of profits
GE exporting jobs to China
Cash for clunkers.
Solandra
Giving money to Green energy companies that were doomed to failure.
Fast & Furious
The Volt as predicted it is a failure
Payoffs to unions
Want to raise taxes on anyone making 250K or more. (Like many small business do)
Not allowing oil drilling
cap and trade
card check
EPA way to strong
NLRB way to strong.
The failed Olympic attempt
Trying to make unionizing easier.
GM
exempting unions from parts of Obama care costs.
exempting fannie and freddie from reforms
allowing huge bonus's to be paid to fannie and freddie.
Michelle's lavish spending for travel that the taxpayers get stuck for.
Picking winners and losers

These are the highlights from the top of my head shall I go on?
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12551
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:19 am

SLK230 wrote:His world apology tour. (We have nothing to apologize for)

These are the highlights from the top of my head shall I go on?
Interesting "highlights", but as they say "the devil is in the details", and I was wondering what you know "off the top of your head" about his "World Apology Tour". Can you tell me any details about what this is, and what he apologized for?

I would also ask if you truly believe the US has never done anything it should apologize for?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12551
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 am

SLK230 wrote: exempting fannie and freddie from reforms
allowing huge bonus's to be paid to fannie and freddie.
How do you feel about Mr. Gingrich accepting ~1.5 million in consulting fees from them? :wink:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 am

Al.....explain this analysis. Is it all a lie? The Washington Post says, "the apology tour never happened."
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:44 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Interesting "highlights", but as they say "the devil is in the details", and I was wondering what you know "off the top of your head" about his "World Apology Tour". Can you tell me any details about what this is, and what he apologized for?

I would also ask if you truly believe the US has never done anything it should apologize for?

The President's Apology Tour

By KARL ROVE
President Barack Obama has finished the second leg of his international confession tour. In less than 100 days, he has apologized on three continents for what he views as the sins of America and his predecessors.
Mr. Obama told the French (the French!) that America "has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe. In Prague, he said America has "a moral responsibility to act" on arms control because only the U.S. had "used a nuclear weapon." In London, he said that decisions about the world financial system were no longer made by "just Roosevelt and Churchill sitting in a room with a brandy" -- as if that were a bad thing. And in Latin America, he said the U.S. had not "pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors" because we "failed to see that our own progress is tied directly to progress throughout the Americas."
By confessing our nation's sins, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said that Mr. Obama has "changed the image of America around the world" and made the U.S. "safer and stronger." As evidence, Mr. Gibbs pointed to the absence of protesters during the Summit of the Americas this past weekend.
That's now the test of success? Anti-American protesters are a remarkably unreliable indicator of a president's wisdom. Ronald Reagan drew hundreds of thousands of protesters by deploying Pershing and cruise missiles in Europe. Those missiles helped win the Cold War.
There is something ungracious in Mr. Obama criticizing his predecessors, including most recently John F. Kennedy. ("I'm grateful that President [Daniel] Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old," Mr. Obama said after the Nicaraguan delivered a 52-minute anti-American tirade that touched on the Bay of Pigs.) Mr. Obama acts as if no past president -- except maybe Abraham Lincoln -- possesses his wisdom.
Mr. Obama was asked in Europe if he believes in American exceptionalism. He said he did -- in the same way that "the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks in Greek exceptionalism." That's another way of saying, "No."

<MORE> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124044156269345357.html
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

User avatar
SLK230
Posts: 9070
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Re: Opinion: Anti-Christian Bigots Prey on Tebow

Post by SLK230 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:03 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Al.....explain this analysis. Is it all a lie? The Washington Post says, "the apology tour never happened."
I think it all depends on what you consider an apology to be.

Kind of like "It depends on what the definition of is, is".

I guess we could have called it an "ass kissing tour" instead.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

Post Reply