Page 1 of 3

Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm
by Donray
Another dumb religious thing from the religious right.

http://www.boston.com/Boston/politicali ... index.html
Rick Perry calls for constitutional amendment allowing school prayers

So, Rick wants to allow Muslims to interrupt school and all public facilities by allowing them to use there pray rugs five times a day. Then of course we must allow the Catholics to have holly water in each class room and allow them to have pray meetings when evr they like \as long as it does not interfere with the Muslim pray time and the Jewish pray times.

Likewise, when will the devil worshippers be allowed to worship the devil during class?

I guess every HS will need to set aside a couple of hours so the every religious group in attendance can have a pray read to start.

When are the Republicans going to learn that we are a secular nation and not a religious nation like Iran?

The Republican are going to cause Obama to win again because they are more concerned with moral issues than having a strong economy and nation.

I guess this like the liberals have said about Obama, you can make any promises you want to get elected and they should not be held against you once you are elected.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm
by slowyoroll
Rick Perry is about as credible as Homey the Clown..He makes Bush 2 look like a genius..

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:42 pm
by Donray
He also makes Obama look good and that is a problem because Obama is not a good president. Between Obama and Perry we have a socialist that will run the country into the ground like Greece or someone that wants a religious county like Iran. Good choice.

Which one is worse? They are both bad for the USA.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:46 pm
by slowyoroll
Donray wrote:He also makes Obama look good and that is a problem because Obama is not a good president. Between Obama and Perry we have a socialist that will run the country into the ground like Greece or someone that wants a religious county like Iran. Good choice.

Which one is worse? They are both bad for the USA.

That is COMPLETELY a matter of opinion..we most likely feel differently about different things as most Americans do..Obama imo is doing a great job with what he has.(I will vote for him without question). And I am not alone..trust me.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:47 pm
by Wiley
Rick Perry is a non-issue except he represents the Republican party in the eyes of the Liberal media. He is an embarrassment rather than a viable candidate. At least President Bush recognized his struggles with oral discourse and limited his exposure.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 pm
by Donray
slowyoroll wrote:

That is COMPLETELY a matter of opinion..we most likely feel differently about different things as most Americans do..Obama imo is doing a great job with what he has.(I will vote for him without question). And I am not alone..trust me.
Some people just vote for socialists because they don't know better. Others because they want others to share what they have and feel the government should make sure that everyone gets the same things.

You at least admit that you will vote for Obama even though he is not an excellent president and has put this country onto a path like Greece.

At least as an independent I will make my decision once I hear all the debates with Obama. Unlike you, I will gather facts before I make a decision and not just vote for a Socialist like Obama without understanding what whoever runs against Obama has to offer. I guess some of us are not just sheep.

I guess it doesn't matter to you what other candidates say.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:36 pm
by blacklib
Donray wrote:
Some people just vote for socialists because they don't know better. Others because they want others to share what they have and feel the government should make sure that everyone gets the same things.

You at least admit that you will vote for Obama even though he is not an excellent president and has put this country onto a path like Greece.

At least as an independent I will make my decision once I hear all the debates with Obama. Unlike you, I will gather facts before I make a decision and not just vote for a Socialist like Obama without understanding what whoever runs against Obama has to offer. I guess some of us are not just sheep.

I guess it doesn't matter to you what other candidates say.
If Obama was really a socialist would the income gap get smaller between the rich and the poor and not increase the other way?

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:43 am
by Wiley
blacklib wrote:
If Obama was really a socialist would the income gap get smaller between the rich and the poor and not increase the other way?
Exactly what would you call Obama's class warfare agenda?

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:55 am
by Vilepagan
Wiley wrote:Exactly what would you call Obama's class warfare agenda?
An absurd GOP slogan?

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 am
by Wiley
Wiley wrote:Exactly what would you call Obama's class warfare agenda?
Vilepagan wrote: An absurd GOP slogan?
ab┬Ěsurd adjective

1. utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.

class struggle noun

1. Also called class conflict. conflict between different classes in a community resulting from different social or economic positions and reflecting opposed interests.

2. Also called class war, class warfare. (in Marxist thought) the struggle for political and economic power carried on between capitalists and workers.

It's not unusual for you to toss out negative remarks and cover them with question marks seemingly without rational and organized thought processes.

Any thoughts on Rick Perry and his school prayer proposal?

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 am
by crayegg
Thanks for defining and clarifying Vile's correct inference.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 am
by Notorious
Donray wrote:
Some people just vote for socialists because they don't know better. Others because they want others to share what they have and feel the government should make sure that everyone gets the same things.

You at least admit that you will vote for Obama even though he is not an excellent president and has put this country onto a path like Greece.

At least as an independent I will make my decision once I hear all the debates with Obama. Unlike you, I will gather facts before I make a decision and not just vote for a Socialist like Obama without understanding what whoever runs against Obama has to offer. I guess some of us are not just sheep.

I guess it doesn't matter to you what other candidates say.
It doesn't really matter Donray. Both choices are going to be bad.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:51 am
by Vilepagan
Wiley wrote:It's not unusual for you to toss out negative remarks and cover them with question marks seemingly without rational and organized thought processes.
It's not unusual for you to toss out meaningless political rhetoric devoid of rational and organized thought processes. I stand by my statement. The notion that Obama has an "agenda" to foment "class warfare" is absurd, and I think you should be offended that the GOP thinks you're too stupid to digest more than simple phrases and slogans, rather than substantive political discourse.

Any thoughts on Rick Perry and his school prayer proposal?
I doubt it will win him any votes over the long run. Another attempt to insinuate religious teaching into the public schools, where it doesn't belong.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 am
by Donray
blacklib wrote: If Obama was really a socialist would the income gap get smaller between the rich and the poor and not increase the other way?
No, under communism and socialism (these are almost the same) there is a large gap between the rich and the poor. What socialism and communism got rid of is the middle class. There will always be the rich/privileged.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 am
by Donray
Notorious wrote:It doesn't really matter Donray. Both choices are going to be bad.
I have to agree with you. It will be a chose between bad and worse.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 am
by blacklib
Donray wrote:
No, under communism and socialism (these are almost the same) there is a large gap between the rich and the poor. What socialism and communism got rid of is the middle class. There will always be the rich/privileged.
That's not socialism or its more radical form which is communism. What your describing is fascism or corporatism which has been the direction our nation has been moving in since Reagan. I this regard I wish Obama was a real socialist.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 am
by Red
blacklib wrote:
If Obama was really a socialist would the income gap get smaller between the rich and the poor and not increase the other way?
Speaking about sheep...obaaaaaama! :ROFL:

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am
by Red
blacklib wrote:
That's not socialism or its more radical form which is communism. What your describing is fascism or corporatism which has been the direction our nation has been moving in since Reagan. I this regard I wish Obama was a real socialist.
That's disgusting! Why in the world didn't you work a little harder in school? Why don't you move to a Socialist country?

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:55 am
by Notorious
Red wrote:
That's disgusting! Why in the world didn't you work a little harder in school? Why don't you move to a Socialist country?
Not every part of something is bad Red.

Re: Rick Perry wants schools interrupred all day for pray.

Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:03 pm
by Red
Vilepagan wrote:
It's not unusual for you to toss out meaningless political rhetoric devoid of rational and organized thought processes. I stand by my statement. The notion that Obama has an "agenda" to foment "class warfare" is absurd, and I think you should be offended that the GOP thinks you're too stupid to digest more than simple phrases and slogans, rather than substantive political discourse.



I doubt it will win him any votes over the long run. Another attempt to insinuate religious teaching into the public schools, where it doesn't belong.
Yeah Wiley, only liberals can toss out meaningless political rhetoric. :mrgreen: I also agree Obama is the most DIVISIVE we have ever had. He is a skunk and I can't wait the horrible experiement is over.