Page 1 of 1

Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:03 am
by John Q. Public
I'm not trying to derail the Rick Perry thread, not that it needs any help, but I'm curious to see where people are coming from on this issue.

I went to one for the 7th grade and I was very uncomfortable with it.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:07 am
by Notorious
I went to a parochial school from K-12.

I still never really prayed.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:10 am
by Wiley
Notorious wrote:I went to a parochial school from K-12.

I still never really prayed.
Everyone was praying for you.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:14 am
by Notorious
Wiley wrote:Everyone was praying for you.
Didn't work, did it?

Where is your God now Wiley?

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:16 am
by ~44~
Never prayed in school. HB public schools

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 am
by John Q. Public
Notorious wrote:I went to a parochial school from K-12.

I still never really prayed.
I re-worded the first two options.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 am
by Wabash
Every time around mid-terms and finals.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 am
by 18echo
Before every trig test.

But I guess that wasn't "required" by the school.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:53 am
by oceanvue
even on holidays and at church I just close my eyes and pretend I am, sometimes I look around with one eye but mostly I just fake it with both eyes closed.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:16 pm
by Parrotpaul
We said aloud the Protestant version of the Lord's prayer every morning...in the fourth grade we were required to read a psalm from the Bible in front of the class (different kid each day) and say the Protestant Lord's prayer.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:58 pm
by SoMelo
The only thing I remember from elementary school was some old stodgy looking women came in and "offered" everyone a copy of the new testament... Then in high school,there was some national campaign "I Found It" and everyone thought they should be born again. :roll:

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:39 am
by SLK230
Parrotpaul wrote:We said aloud the Protestant version of the Lord's prayer every morning...in the fourth grade we were required to read a psalm from the Bible in front of the class (different kid each day) and say the Protestant Lord's prayer.

Same here.

Re: Did you pray in your school?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:01 am
by GOODave
SoMelo wrote:The only thing I remember from elementary school was some old stodgy looking women came in and "offered" everyone a copy of the new testament... Then in high school,there was some national campaign "I Found It" and everyone thought they should be born again. :roll:
that national campaign was hosted by BIlly Graham and his foundation. I also participated in the I Found it campaign in Orange County but I was already a believer by that time.