VP picks.

Tar Pit

VP picks.

Post by Tar Pit » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 am

Okay. Lets say that Mr Romney will end up being the GOP nominee. Who for VP?

Senator Marco Rubio. Hispanic from a big state. 4-1
Senator Ron Paul. Or maybe Fed chairman. 5-1
Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Americas Mayor. Can he make New York a red state? 5-1
Governor Sarah Palin. The rights pin up girl. IMO use her as a money maker and not the VP. 15-1
Governor Jan Brewer. Again. A darling of the right. 10-1
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Bingo! 3-1

Could the woman hating GOP have a black woman on the ticket. =D>
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.rebellioustruths.org/

SoMelo

Re: VP picks.

Post by SoMelo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 am

Tar Pit wrote:Okay. Lets say that Mr Romney will end up being the GOP nominee. Who for VP?

Senator Marco Rubio. Hispanic from a big state. 4-1
Senator Ron Paul. Or maybe Fed chairman. 5-1
Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Americas Mayor. Can he make New York a red state? 5-1
Governor Sarah Palin. The rights pin up girl. IMO use her as a money maker and not the VP. 15-1
Governor Jan Brewer. Again. A darling of the right. 10-1
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Bingo! 3-1

Could the woman hating GOP have a black woman on the ticket. =D>
What about the fat guy from New Jersey?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am

I have no prediction for who the VP will be, but IMO Romney won't pick a woman. Well, let me rephrase that and say I don't think he should pick a woman. It's not that I think women shouldn't run, or that there's no qualified women who could run, it's just that putting a woman on the ticket just to have a woman didn't work well for the GOP last time, and it would be pretty obvious that the GOP was just pandering if they were to repeat that tactic. Women voters strongly favor Obama, and no doubt the GOP and Romney are thinking about picking a woman for VP, but I don't think it would do much to close the gender gap.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:53 am

I think another problem for Romney will be to find a VP that will be popular enough to gain him a substantial number of votes, but not more popular than him. Tough slot to fill.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

And then there's the whole Mormom and African-American thing going on too. That alone would rule out Rice (she is too good for Romney)

OPINIONATED

Post by OPINIONATED » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

I agree with Vile on the no-pandering aspect. McCain already tried that with his Palin selection, and Romney is good enough at pandering on his own. I'd like to see someone like Mitch Daniels, who could immediatedly step in as president. But since Indiana is already a given win for Romney, that's unlikely. Rubio could be a knock-out punch in Florida, so he'll undoubtedly be on the short list.

In the same way that Christie endorsed Romney very early in the process, Mitch Daniels stayed out of the race from the get-go. That was odd, I thought. Put glasses on Daniels and he could run as a republican Harry Truman. Good executive experience. That's my pick - not who I think it will be - but he'd be my personal preference. And Mitch Daniels would mop the floor with Joe Biden in a debate. But then, people don't really cast their vote because of a Vice-President running mate, or even necessarily vote for debate winners.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Romney picked Scott Walker, the Wisconsin governor? He'd lock up that state, probably satisfy conservatives around the nation, and put the kabosh on the union thugs he's been successfully kicking around? (The previous paragraph is known as Wabash bait.)

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Vilepagan wrote:I have no prediction for who the VP will be, but IMO Romney won't pick a woman. Well, let me rephrase that and say I don't think he should pick a woman. It's not that I think women shouldn't run, or that there's no qualified women who could run, it's just that putting a woman on the ticket just to have a woman didn't work well for the GOP last time, and it would be pretty obvious that the GOP was just pandering if they were to repeat that tactic. Women voters strongly favor Obama, and no doubt the GOP and Romney are thinking about picking a woman for VP, but I don't think it would do much to close the gender gap.
I think the selection of five of the six people in Tar Pit's original list could be considering pandering to a greater or lesser degree, and I think "who can he nail down for us" is always part of the Vice Presidential selection process. Think about it, the only logical reason Barack Obama selected Joe Biden as his runningmate was to help secure the retarded vote.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:42 pm

MDDad wrote: I think the selection of five of the six people in Tar Pit's original list could be considering pandering to a greater or lesser degree, and I think "who can he nail down for us" is always part of the Vice Presidential selection process. Think about it, the only logical reason Barack Obama selected Joe Biden as his runningmate was to help secure the retarded vote.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Now that was funny!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 pm

MDDad wrote:Think about it, the only logical reason Barack Obama selected Joe Biden as his runningmate was to help secure the retarded vote.
That was a shrewd strategy move, after Bush left they were up for grabs.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: That was a shrewd strategy move, after Bush left they were up for grabs.
Well, I can say this with certainty, from I have read and seen that last couple of days, Obama fits the retard mode as with most of his voters. Hell, Sarah Palin is smarter than Obama. :ROFL: :ROFL:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

How did you guys decide who you were going to back after Bush left? Did you caucus at Chuck E. Cheese?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 pm

MDDad wrote: I think the selection of five of the six people in Tar Pit's original list could be considering pandering to a greater or lesser degree, and I think "who can he nail down for us" is always part of the Vice Presidential selection process. Think about it, the only logical reason Barack Obama selected Joe Biden as his runningmate was to help secure the retarded vote.
billboard.jpg
billboard.jpg (83.18 KiB) Viewed 359 times
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:How did you guys decide who you were going to back after Bush left? Did you caucus at Chuck E. Cheese?
Any one of the guys are a lot better than that retard you support. Again, Sarah Palin is a lot smarter than the destructive divider in the white house.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:47 pm

MDDad wrote:Think about it, the only logical reason Barack Obama selected Joe Biden as his runningmate was to help secure the retarded vote.
You should tell more of those "retard" jokes. It makes you look so smart, and Red gets a kick out of them...

Here's a thought...you could e-mail them to Sarah Palin. I'll bet she'd appreciate them too.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
You should tell more of those "retard" jokes. It makes you look so smart, and Red gets a kick out of them...

Here's a thought...you could e-mail them to Sarah Palin. I'll bet she'd appreciate them too.
Being retarded is not a joke! Your prez sure like to use them as political fodder. What a fool! The problem is, fools will follow the fool. Now, be a good sport and don't attack me personally. I have not said a word about you. Isn't that the rules?

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Red wrote:
Being retarded is not a joke! Your prez sure like to use them as political fodder. What a fool! The problem is, fools will follow the fool. Now, be a good sport and don't attack me personally. I have not said a word about you. Isn't that the rules?
:eh?: How is he personally attacking you? He stated you get a kick out of them, because you added 10 :ROFL: .. Who are you calling a fool Red?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Red wrote:Being retarded is not a joke!
No it's not. That's why I took exception to your posts using it as an insult.
Your prez sure like to use them as political fodder. What a fool! The problem is, fools will follow the fool.
What the heck are you talking about? :eh?:

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Boy this thread went to hell. ](*,)

Romney is a real white bread type of a guy. He needs some bling or a bull dog on the ticket with him. :-"
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

ringer

Post by ringer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:12 pm

There is no "Game Change" VP candidate anywhere in the Republican landscape. The crazy "Frothy Mixture" has forced the "Qualified-yet-Mormon-and-Moderate" eventual GOP nominee to spend all his money on useless state primaries, to the bitter end. The big money fat cats aren't going to donate large to Mitt in this losing campaign, going forward to the general election. Anyone disagree with this assessment?

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 pm

I agree there is no obvious choice. Rubio is popular and would give him Florida but he said he's not interested. Picking Christie would put two centrist northeasterners on the ticket. Can't pick a women without reminding people of you-know-who (someone mentioned Condoleeza Rice but I doubt she'd go for it). He needs balance with a true conservative who has some name recognition and isn't a loon. The only guy that fits that bill right now is Paul Ryan.
George Will

Donald Trump