VP picks.

Troglodyte

Re: VP picks.

Post by Troglodyte » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 am

Omar Bongo wrote:I agree there is no obvious choice. Rubio is popular and would give him Florida but he said he's not interested. Picking Christie would put two centrist northeasterners on the ticket. Can't pick a women without reminding people of you-know-who (someone mentioned Condoleeza Rice but I doubt she'd go for it). He needs balance with a true conservative who has some name recognition and isn't a loon. The only guy that fits that bill right now is Paul Ryan.
I agree with this assessment. I think Paul Ryan would be a good choice..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 am

Troglodyte wrote: I agree with this assessment. I think Paul Ryan would be a good choice..
Me too. I hope Romney chooses him.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:44 am

Ryan is one of the few viable candidates who wouldn't outshine Romney...Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal and others have their eyes on 2016.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:40 am

Omar Bongo wrote:I agree there is no obvious choice. Rubio is popular and would give him Florida but he said he's not interested. Picking Christie would put two centrist northeasterners on the ticket. Can't pick a women without reminding people of you-know-who (someone mentioned Condoleeza Rice but I doubt she'd go for it). He needs balance with a true conservative who has some name recognition and isn't a loon. The only guy that fits that bill right now is Paul Ryan.
Condie Rice has already said she's not interested.

Paul Ryan inflames liberals as well as anyone can, I guess. I'd like to see Christie in a VP debate with Joe Biden, though.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 am

pshaw wrote:Ryan is one of the few viable candidates who wouldn't outshine Romney...Mitch Daniels, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal and others have their eyes on 2016.
Any one of which would be an excellent pick for Romney. Thereby dooming their chances in 2016.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Tar Pit wrote:Okay. Lets say that Mr Romney will end up being the GOP nominee. Who for VP?

Senator Marco Rubio. Hispanic from a big state. 4-1
Senator Ron Paul. Or maybe Fed chairman. 5-1
Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Americas Mayor. Can he make New York a red state? 5-1
Governor Sarah Palin. The rights pin up girl. IMO use her as a money maker and not the VP. 15-1
Governor Jan Brewer. Again. A darling of the right. 10-1
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Bingo! 3-1

Could the woman hating GOP have a black woman on the ticket. =D>
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcm.htm

ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER
Thu Jul 12 2012 19:30:01 ET

**Exclusive**

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:
And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!
Oh, I hope so. She sucked when she worked for Bush. One word...Iraq.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!
Near the top of the list?

Hard for me to believe this unless she comes out and confirms she'd even consider taking the job. When she previously said she wasn't interested, she wasn't equivocal about it.

Hypothetically speaking, I'm not sure this would be a good choice for Romney. There's the whole "pandering" thing of course, and then there's the fact that Rice comes across as a whole lot smarter than Romney, and that wouldn't help him either. On the other hand, should they flip the ticket to Rice/Romney...they might just get my vote.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red

Post by Red » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:

**Exclusive**

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

After bill maher gets biatchslapped by Wayne, what nasty racist remark will come out of that weasels mouth about Condi?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:12 pm

I predict Romney will NOT pick Ron Paul. I like Ron Paul, but no one likes to take medicine.

Romney will need to pick someone perceived more conservative than him.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Somehow I don't think he'll have too much trouble finding someone to fit that description. :D
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Tommy Tar wrote:

**Exclusive**

Doubtful Rice will get the nod. Rice might have been a confidante of the Bushes, was also on the advisory board of Senator Gary Hart’s Center for A New Democracy in the ’80s.

She's toast.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Somehow I don't think he'll have too much trouble finding someone to fit that description. :D
Things don't always pan-out though. Look at McCain in the last election.

I suspect that Romney will get a bump after he picks someone - but will it last? Is the VP that important? Red mentioned Biden. He isn't a mental giant and is known for his gaffs. Obama still got elected.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 am

Tar Pit wrote:Okay. Lets say that Mr Romney will end up being the GOP nominee. Who for VP?

Senator Marco Rubio. Hispanic from a big state. 4-1
Senator Ron Paul. Or maybe Fed chairman. 5-1
Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Americas Mayor. Can he make New York a red state? 5-1
Governor Sarah Palin. The rights pin up girl. IMO use her as a money maker and not the VP. 15-1
Governor Jan Brewer. Again. A darling of the right. 10-1
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Bingo! 3-1

Could the woman hating GOP have a black woman on the ticket. =D>
Going with Condi Rice.

Red

Post by Red » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 am

GOODave wrote: Going with Condi Rice.
That would be a great selection. I would also find a way to get Rubio and Paul into a cabinet position. Commerce Secretary - Donald Trump! At least he is not stupid enough to hit 3 cars in 10 minutes!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 am

The Donald for VP!! :rockon:

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 am

I'd rather look at Palin...much better eye candy, and I can't see Trump taking second seat to anyone.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:59 am

Red wrote:
That would be a great selection. I would also find a way to get Rubio and Paul into a cabinet position. Commerce Secretary - Donald Trump! At least he is not stupid enough to hit 3 cars in 10 minutes!
I'm not surprised you would make a pathetic comment like that. The man had a seizure.

Let's hope you're never afflicted in such a manner that people you don't like make fun of you.

Tar Pit

Post by Tar Pit » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Oh, I hope so. She sucked when she worked for Bush. One word...Iraq.
Syria.
Lebanon.
Jordan.
Libya.
Iran.
Egypt.

In 2012 Iraq looks like a nice quite place to me. The other list....................... not so much. :shrug:
Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.rebellioustruths.org/

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 am

Tar Pit wrote:
Syria.
Lebanon.
Jordan.
Libya.
Iran.
Egypt.

In 2012 Iraq looks like a nice quite place to me. The other list....................... not so much. :shrug:
Except for the bombs that occasionally go off killing dozens. Something that wasn't occurring until Bush invaded.

Libya and Egypt have had their democratic elections in decades. The other countries are in the midst of unrest is not the fault of the American president.