With all due respect Mr. President……

Brooke

Re: With all due respect Mr. President……

Post by Brooke » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:54 pm

tLIB wrote:The Cato Libertarian think tank has a habit of attacking Presidents. Here is what they said about the "conservative" Bush: "Conservative" Bush Spends More than "Liberal" Presidents Clinton, Carter...

http://www.cato.org/publications/commen ... ton-carter

Gadflies are important. I think most Americans expected Obama to be liberal, but it gets discouraging when you can't trust Republicans.
OH! So, that's why Cato has so many strange ideas. They are libertarian!
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Brooke wrote: OH! So, that's why Cato has so many strange ideas. They are libertarian!
You just now figured out that the Cato Institute is libertarian? :D Cato consistently comes down on the side of liberty and freedom. There are some people who see this as strange.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 am

tLIB wrote:
You just now figured out that the Cato Institute is libertarian? :D Cato consistently comes down on the side of liberty and freedom. There are some people who see this as strange.
Yes, especially when it comes down to throwing the safety and protection of American citizens out the window, which is what what some of their ideas would bring about. Which cancels out any benefit and that makes them unworkable, irresponsible and worthless.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Brooke wrote: Yes, especially when it comes down to throwing the safety and protection of American citizens out the window, which is what what some of their ideas would bring about. Which cancels out any benefit and that makes them unworkable, irresponsible and worthless.
WOW!!! You sure sound like one of those liberals with that post... --:--
Where do you draw the line as to what the government is obligated to protect you from or care for you. The more the government does, the less the people will do for themselves.
Has the greatest nation in the history of the world degenerated into a bunch of effete wimps???
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Troglodyte wrote: WOW!!! You sure sound like one of those liberals with that post... --:--
Where do you draw the line as to what the government is obligated to protect you from or care for you. The more the government does, the less the people will do for themselves.
Has the greatest nation in the history of the world degenerated into a bunch of effete wimps???
Since you and I have had many a discussion I am surprised that you don't know what I meant.

Our government's most basic job is to keep this nation safe from invading foreign nationals. That is what I meant. As we have all seen that the Obama administration has declared a war against American citizens and even one of its own states, AZ, in favor of protecting illegal aliens. It's outrageous and I doubt that Libertarians find anything wrong with it.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Brooke wrote: It's outrageous and I doubt that Libertarians find anything wrong with it.
There was a difference between a big-L Libertarian and a small-L libertarian? There are big-L libertarians that believe in open borders, but many libertarians, including Ron Paul, want to control immigration. Most would rather see a fence than more cops, more lawyers, and more government.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 pm

tLIB wrote:
There was a difference between a big-L Libertarian and a small-L libertarian? There are big-L libertarians that believe in open borders, but many libertarians, including Ron Paul, want to control immigration. Most would rather see a fence than more cops, more lawyers, and more government.
OK, so the big-L Libertarian do not understand the role of what a country is. How about the small-L libertarians? Do they understand why countries protect their borders and points of entry that encompasses citizens as well?

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Brooke wrote: How about the small-L libertarians? Do they understand why countries protect their borders and points of entry that encompasses citizens as well?
I just told you the difference.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:04 pm

tLIB wrote:
I just told you the difference.
How about you? Are you a small l or a big L?

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:25 pm

I am a small L Libertarian. I want a double fence but don't want to expand government.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 pm

tLIB wrote:I am a small L Libertarian. I want a double fence but don't want to expand government.
I agree.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 am

Wabash wrote: You might be right. When I read publications by the CATO Institute I always ask if they show an example of where a society or a nation has embraced their ideal of what government should be and are the citizens of that nation better off than we are here in America.

I've yet to find that example. But if you have one, I'll gladly consider it.
Straw man: No place compares to the United States.
Wabash wrote:BTW, there are numerous economists who believe the Stimulus should have been larger. More importantly, a full third of the Stimulus was the embracing of a conservative tenet, that being tax cuts.
Name three, along with their credentials.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 am

Brooke wrote: I agree.
I think you agree with the double fence but I don't think you agree with the limited government part.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:43 am

Wabash wrote: Only proving that conservatives are unaware of current tax policy and still cling to the belief that tax cuts creates jobs. Something that has been shown not to work.
AND something that has been shown TO work ... depends on the condition of the channel when the cuts are applied...

It worked for Reagan, it didn't work for GWB and isn't working for the Emperor Obama.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 am

GOODave wrote:AND something that has been shown TO work ... depends on the condition of the channel when the cuts are applied...

It worked for Reagan, it didn't work for GWB and isn't working for the Emperor Obama.
News > World
IMF cuts US growth forecast, warns against 'fiscal cliff'
Published: Bangkok Post 3/07/2012 at 09:48 PM Online news: World 0
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/world/3 ... scal-cliff

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) headquarters in Washington, DC. The International Monetary Fund on Tuesday pared its growth forecast for the US economy this year, warning against a "fiscal cliff" at year-end and the Obama administration's proposed spending cuts.
The IMF estimated 2012 US economic growth at 2.0 percent, down from April's forecast of 2.1 percent, and said that outlook was at risk if the eurozone debt crisis worsens.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 am

Speaking of "due respect" apparently neither the president nor his wife have any for the American Flag:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Can't figure out what she said?

"All this for a flag." at a celebration for 9/11 victims... and the president nodded agreement with her.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 pm

GOODave wrote:Can't figure out what she said?

"All this for a flag." at a celebration for 9/11 victims... and the president nodded agreement with her.
In defense of Obama, men frequently nod in agreement with their wives -- not because they agree, but because they want to avoid an argument, or because they want to get a little later on.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 pm

What are your techniques for getting a little...begging and groveling? :hide:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

tLIB wrote:
I think you agree with the double fence but I don't think you agree with the limited government part.
What do you mean by that?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 pm

GOODave wrote:Can't figure out what she said?

How did you figure out what she said?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/Obama/forflag.asp
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada