Fact checker concludes that Obama claim is false

Heywould

Re: Fact checker concludes that Obama claim is false

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:10 am

broman wrote:
90% of those who don't pay income tax have taxable income that is below the standard deduction or have child care deductions that bring them down to zero and people whose primary income is Social Security. The other 10% benefit from tax laws dealing with capital gains and dividends.
Okay Bro, since Wabbash can't back up his claim perhaps you can/will. Do the wealthy "avoid" federal income tax by paying capital gains tax? I'm sure you recognize that these are two entirely different taxes with different rates (for now). Because I pay some capital gains tax certainly doesn't mean I avoided income tax. Now you can say you favor making the CG rates the same as income tax rates, however this has never resulted in more revenue, but you can't accuse someone of avoiding taxes because they choose a certain type of investment.
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:57 am

broman wrote:
Last month 80,000 jobs gained, the last month of Bush, 500,000 jobs lost. That's some good zilch.
Let's see.. Wjth an average of 55,000 new entrants to the job markets every month, and 20,000 plus still being laid off every month (some 44,000 government smurfs last month), We still haven't counted the thousanda who have been dropped off the unemployment rolls every month as no longer looking for work. Tis no wonder the unemploment percentages stay the same. That, my friend, equals zilch.
To counter the numbers of "new jobs created", a majority of them are entry level, minimum wage, commissioned, temporary, and/or part time. That's really gonna pick the economy up. That all equals less than zilch.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 am

Heywould wrote:
Okay Bro, since Wabbash can't back up his claim perhaps you can/will. Do the wealthy "avoid" federal income tax by paying capital gains tax? I'm sure you recognize that these are two entirely different taxes with different rates (for now). Because I pay some capital gains tax certainly doesn't mean I avoided income tax. Now you can say you favor making the CG rates the same as income tax rates, however this has never resulted in more revenue, but you can't accuse someone of avoiding taxes because they choose a certain type of investment.
You're mistaken. I can back it up. I just not going to for you. It really shows your ignorance of tax policy when you ask a question like that.

You should take a class on contemporary tax policy at whatever college you are attending.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 am

Wabash wrote: You're mistaken. I can back it up. I just not going to for you. It really shows your ignorance of tax policy when you ask a question like that.

You should take a class on contemporary tax policy at whatever college you are attending.
Tell me how I'm mistaken, otherwise you're just a gasbag...
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

Heywould wrote:
Take a class in tax policy. I have no problem being called a gasbag. It doesn't mean I'm wrong.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:19 am

Wabash wrote: Take a class in tax policy. I have no problem being called a gasbag. It doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Uhh, yeah it does.

gas·bag -One given to empty or boastful talk.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 am

Heywould wrote:
=D> Post of the day... :lol:
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

broman

Post by broman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am

Troglodyte wrote: Let's see.. Wjth an average of 55,000 new entrants to the job markets every month, and 20,000 plus still being laid off every month (some 44,000 government smurfs last month), We still haven't counted the thousanda who have been dropped off the unemployment rolls every month as no longer looking for work. Tis no wonder the unemploment percentages stay the same. That, my friend, equals zilch.
To counter the numbers of "new jobs created", a majority of them are entry level, minimum wage, commissioned, temporary, and/or part time. That's really gonna pick the economy up. That all equals less than zilch.
Using the same arguments the unemployment numbers for any president are always worse then presented. If the Obama recovery is shallow then the Bush recession was deeper.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 am

Heywould wrote:
Uhh, yeah it does.

gas·bag -One given to empty or boastful talk.
My statements aren't empty. An empty statement would be believing the wealthy don't shelter their income from taxation.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 am

broman wrote:
Using the same arguments the unemployment numbers for any president are always worse then presented. If the Obama recovery is shallow then the Bush recession was deeper.
:yeahthat:

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:32 am

Wabash wrote: My statements aren't empty. An empty statement would be believing the wealthy don't shelter their income from taxation.
I only asked you to explain one statement that you made, here it is:

"Which is why the law should be changed to prevent the wealthy from avoiding the same taxes the 99% pays."

Please tell me what taxes the wealthy avoid, that the 99% pay. This should be very easy for you based on your statement. Is it federal income tax, state income tax, capital gains tax, social security tax, medicare tax, property tax, sales tax, Obamacare tax, which one is it? You're still a gasbag until you answer.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:50 am

Heywould wrote:
I only asked you to explain one statement that you made, here it is:

"Which is why the law should be changed to prevent the wealthy from avoiding the same taxes the 99% pays."

Please tell me what taxes the wealthy avoid, that the 99% pay. This should be very easy for you based on your statement. Is it federal income tax, state income tax, capital gains tax, social security tax, medicare tax, property tax, sales tax, Obamacare tax, which one is it? You're still a gasbag until you answer.
Don't be blaming me for your lack of knowledge regarding tax policy.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:55 am

Heywould wrote: Come on Gasbag, which tax is it?
This should help educate you.

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Wabash wrote: This should help educate you.
I realize that asking you to back up your statements is out of character for you, but I isolated one statement which can be answered with one word and you still can't do it. Is this why you've changed your name so many times?

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Wabash wrote:

I posted a link that should help you better understand tax policy.

You know the old adage about teaching a man to fish. Then again, you may not since you want the answer spoon fed.
You know, you can just admit that you can't defend the statement you made. It's not like anyone on this site would be surprised

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Heywould wrote: You know, you can just admit that you can't defend the statement you made. It's not like anyone on this site would be surprised
I did several times. You responded with personal attacks. It's not like anyone on this site would be surprised.

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Wabash wrote: I did several times. You responded with personal attacks. It's not like anyone on this site would be surprised.
You admitted that you can't defend your statement? I must have missed that part. Where are the personal attacks? I asked you specifically to defend your statement, you haven't been able to, perhaps this fact is bothering you and it feels personal, sorry.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Heywould wrote: You admitted that you can't defend your statement? I must have missed that part. Where are the personal attacks? I asked you specifically to defend your statement, you haven't been able to, perhaps this fact is bothering you and it feels personal, sorry.
Now you're just being silly.

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Wabash wrote: Now you're just being silly.
I'll ask you one final time, please explain this statement that you made:

If you can't, then you are the very definition of the term I used for you previously. The one you cried to VP about, the one he doesn't understand and thus sends me threatening PM's about using. The bottom line is you can't or won't back up the very simple statement above, thus solidifying your reputation on this board.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Heywould wrote:
I'll ask you one final time, please explain this statement that you made:

If you can't, then you are the very definition of the term I used for you previously. The one you cried to VP about, the one he doesn't understand and thus sends me threatening PM's about using. The bottom line is you can't or won't back up the very simple statement above, thus solidifying your reputation on this board.
Link