NAACP boos Romney

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19852
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

NAACP boos Romney

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 pm

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

My first thought was "Could he really be so dumb as to call it "Obamacare" in front of that audience?" But then I thought maybe he wasn't talking to that audience. Maybe he said that for the TV audience. Maybe he said it for an audience that would eat up a sound clip of the NAACP convention booing him. Obama got something like 90% of the Black vote in the last election and Romney isn't going to steal much of that away, no matter what he does. I'm wondering if maybe their reaction was part of the plan.

And in other news, Congress voted to repeal the ACA. Again. That makes 31 times in 18 months that they've voted to repeal or de-fund it. Yawn. Where's those jobs, Congress?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:26 am

Not Congress, just the "lower house".

But you're right about who His Stiffness was aiming at, obviously a calculated suck up to the bagger wing.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by SoMelo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 am

Hey!!! Are those teleprompters? :eh?:

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24635
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 am

SoMelo wrote:Hey!!! Are those teleprompters? :eh?:
You notice there has been little to no mention of teleprompters since the campaign got underway.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :D
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

afan95
Posts: 1738
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by afan95 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:39 am

Did any of you watch his ENTIRE address to the NAACP? I did and in fact my young adult, now very politically minded and voting age sons did as well. The first thing out of their mouth when he walked off the stage was "the headlines are going to be he got booed but no one will point out the other parts where they clapped".

If Obama and his re-election campaign don't have a problem with the term "Obamacare", they why do you and others have such a problem with it? http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... Obamacare/

To me it just shows how uninformed people still are about the whole thing.
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

User avatar
Mickey Whrat
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Mickey Whrat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 am

SoMelo wrote:Hey!!! Are those teleprompters? :eh?:
I think you’ll find that most every politician uses a teleprompter when giving a speech.

The difference between Obama and most every other politician is that when the teleprompter is off Obama stammers, we suddenly have 57 states, and he can’t remember his own birthdate.

Whrat

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24635
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:49 am

Mickey Whrat wrote: I think you’ll find that most every politician uses a teleprompter when giving a speech.

The difference between Obama and most every other politician is that when the teleprompter is off Obama stammers, we suddenly have 57 states, and he can’t remember his own birthdate.

Whrat
Moving the goal line. Conservatives have criticized the president for using a teleprompter regardless of the circumstance.

They believed he was not capable of speaking extemporaneously. Soooo......they invited him to their retreat in VA a couple years back for a televised Q & A. He ended up making them look so bad Fox News had to cut away. The GOP stated afterward they would never invite him back unless the meeting wasn't televised.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19852
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am

afan95 wrote:Did any of you watch his ENTIRE address to the NAACP? I did and in fact my young adult, now very politically minded and voting age sons did as well. The first thing out of their mouth when he walked off the stage was "the headlines are going to be he got booed but no one will point out the other parts where they clapped".
I listened to the whole thing and I heard the parts that they liked, but I wouldn't call most of the clapping much more than "polite." We'll see what they think of Biden today.

But speaking of uninformed people, the line preceding his "Obamacare" comment was directed right at them:
"If our goal is jobs, we have to stop spending over a trillion dollars more than we take in every year"
Cutting spending doesn't do squat toward creating jobs. On the contrary, it eliminates jobs.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

OldMan
Posts: 579
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by OldMan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 am

Romney was there, Obama was not.

Romney delivered his same message to a non-receptive crowd, Obama tailors every speech to the audience he is front of, and I think is yet to give a speech to a non-partisan audience.

Romney used plain English, Obama will drop it down to street slang mode when addressing an urban audience.

broman
Posts: 3862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by broman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 am

OldMan wrote:Romney was there, Obama was not.

Romney delivered his same message to a non-receptive crowd, Obama tailors every speech to the audience he is front of, and I think is yet to give a speech to a non-partisan audience.

Romney used plain English, Obama will drop it down to street slang mode when addressing an urban audience.
Sho nuff!!!

broman
Posts: 3862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by broman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 am

John Q. Public wrote: I listened to the whole thing and I heard the parts that they liked, but I wouldn't call most of the clapping much more than "polite." We'll see what they think of Biden today.

But speaking of uninformed people, the line preceding his "Obamacare" comment was directed right at them:
"If our goal is jobs, we have to stop spending over a trillion dollars more than we take in every year"
Cutting spending doesn't do squat toward creating jobs. On the contrary, it eliminates jobs.
At least nobody around here is claiming that NAACP is racist.

Later in the day

"By the way, I had the privilege of speaking today at the NAACP convention in Houston and I gave them the same speech I am giving you. I don't give different speeches to different audiences alright. I gave them the same speech. When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren't happy, I didn't get the same response. That's ok, I want people to know what I stand for and if I don't stand for what they want, go vote for someone else, that's just fine. But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff. But don't forget nothing is really free."

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19852
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:02 am

broman wrote: Sho nuff!!!
Rat own!
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19852
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 am

OldMan wrote:Romney delivered his same message to a non-receptive crowd, Obama tailors every speech to the audience he is front of, and I think is yet to give a speech to a non-partisan audience.
I'll give him that much. Like when he told those auto workers he'd have let their jobs die.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 am

What it is....what all?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Red » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:33 pm

broman wrote:
Sho nuff!!!
There you go again. Dealing the race card from the bottom of the deck. Your president is a destructive jerk. Admit it!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 pm

OldMan wrote:Romney was there, Obama was not.

Romney delivered his same message to a non-receptive crowd, Obama tailors every speech to the audience he is front of, and I think is yet to give a speech to a non-partisan audience.

Romney used plain English, Obama will drop it down to street slang mode when addressing an urban audience.
Oh yes, Obama is the only speaker who tailors his speeches to his audience.

And Romney never does, oh yes.

Yes, that's it exactly. Brilliant.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

User avatar
tLIB
Posts: 3338
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by tLIB » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 am

Mickey Whrat wrote: I think you’ll find that most every politician uses a teleprompter when giving a speech.

The difference between Obama and most every other politician is that when the teleprompter is off Obama stammers, we suddenly have 57 states, and he can’t remember his own birthdate.

Whrat
I think you are right - they all use them.

I remember reading that Bush quit using them because he had trouble keeping up.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by GOODave » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:50 am

Wabash wrote: Moving the goal line. Conservatives have criticized the president for using a teleprompter regardless of the circumstance.

They believed he was not capable of speaking extemporaneously. Soooo......they invited him to their retreat in VA a couple years back for a televised Q & A. He ended up making them look so bad Fox News had to cut away. The GOP stated afterward they would never invite him back unless the meeting wasn't televised.
WRONG ... we DO believe he cannot speak extemporaneously, but in conjunction with that, it has long been our criticism of the once and wannabe king that he cannot speak WITHOUT a teleprompter... not that he uses one (pretty much every president does ... as well as TV News anchors.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by GOODave » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:58 am

One of the smartest moves a candidate has made in recent memories:

Romney speaks to the NAACP convention, Obama sends his underlings out. Romney treats them like adults, Obama takes them for granted. Romney delivers the same speech, with the same inflections and affectations he uses for ANY audience, Hillary Clintoon and Al Gore used "Southern" and "black" affectations in their speeches to that same group (2008, 2000, respectively) ...

Yes, the audience voiced its disapproval for THAT part (the "Obamacare"), but Romney stood up to it instead of backpedalling from it, AND, as 'fan pointed out, they applauded him throughout the presentation, too, as well as gave him a standing ovation at the end.

True leadership faces difficult situations standing up, like a man, not shrinking back like a coward (or sending your minions in your stead). Many of the African American leaders who were at that convention (and whom I saw interviewed afterwards) mentioned they thought Obama should have been there.

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by Red » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 am

GOODave wrote:One of the smartest moves a candidate has made in recent memories:

Romney speaks to the NAACP convention, Obama sends his underlings out. Romney treats them like adults, Obama takes them for granted. Romney delivers the same speech, with the same inflections and affectations he uses for ANY audience, Hillary Clintoon and Al Gore used "Southern" and "black" affectations in their speeches to that same group (2008, 2000, respectively) ...

Yes, the audience voiced its disapproval for THAT part (the "Obamacare"), but Romney stood up to it instead of backpedalling from it, AND, as 'fan pointed out, they applauded him throughout the presentation, too, as well as gave him a standing ovation at the end.

True leadership faces difficult situations standing up, like a man, not shrinking back like a coward (or sending your minions in your stead). Many of the African American leaders who were at that convention (and whom I saw interviewed afterwards) mentioned they thought Obama should have been there.
What the criminal media is not telling you is, he received a standing ovation when he completed his speech. There is a 14.5% unemployment rate for African Americans. No wonder the empty suit won't show up.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Post Reply