NAACP boos Romney

OPINIONATED

Re: NAACP boos Romney

Post by OPINIONATED » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:49 am

I don't see how the NAACP could honestly view the Obama Administration as representing advancement for its members. Having surrounding himself with people like Valerie Jarrett, Joe Biden and Rahm Emanuel, while spurning and denying his mentor, Reverand Wright, must really play well to that audience. He told Van Jones to hit the road, and Eric Holder has become an embarrassment, though a necessary tool. Everyone recognizes him a merely a fire-wall to help the administration through various legal situations.

Since 2008, President Obama has gone from being the great black hope to just another venal politician in their eyes. Everyone recognizes gay-pandering, welfare-inducement, and general vote-buying when they see it. And everyone knows that black unemployment is much more than the published 14%. The country as a whole understands we need a fix to our country's indebtedness, and Obama's tax and spend ideology makes it worse. He still needs to buy more votes if he wants to win, and the process will make him look weak. Look for him to issue more tax-funded free-stuff to potential voters. How about government-provided binoculars to voyeurs? Free oxygen tanks for smokers? Cheap diplomas for idiots? Cash for clunkers? Ooops, the last two have been already been tried.

For a variety of reasons, Obama might still get 95% of the black vote, and 99% of the vote from that crowd, but only about 80% of the total black vote he received last time (when he was a virtual rock star). Many will just not show up. This time, election day will come for those who specifically vote for skin color, not with a bang, but a whimper.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:06 am

Love your opinions. I always enjoy the commentary from the right. However unfounded or unjustified it may be.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 am

It took real courage to jump into a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
I'd like to see Obama get up in front of the NRA, Better Business Bureau, or stock holders meeting of any corporation and fair any better. He won't though,,
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:40 am

But if he did, I'd imagine he'd have the sense to not call laws they like by their disparaging names. Unless, of course, he's playing to the audience at home and not the one in the room.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Romney is enjoying another lovely summer weekend with his family at Lake Winnepesaukee in NH. I wonder if he will make an appearance at the Nascar event over in Louden today? It's only 42 miles from his beachfront summer home, but it would be a great opportunity to chat up the crowd, smell some 120 octane fuel, and kiss a bunch of babies....missed opportuity?

Obama is campaigning today in a battleground state...Virginia. It doesn't appear if Romney is all the interested in campaigning hard....he's out of money until after the convention...but one would think he'd call the news outlets and let them know he would be in the parking lot of the racetrack at Louden an hour before the race starts. I have a house to bet every major media outlet would send someone to Louden to cover the event....nope...all they are showing are the empty beach and the mansion front...no people. Can Romney really afford to miss these kinds of opportunities whilst his opponent is spending $100 million in "Bain and Romney ads" in all the battleground states, and stumping the hot and humid south on a Saturday?

Obama will force Romney into a defensive posture causing Romney, to address all the stuff Obama is putting out there. At what point will Romney be able to take the offensive and deal from strength? While Romney plays at the lake, Obama is scoring points in a key state Romney needs....it's Obama's second day there.

DUH, Mitt...that's the second vacation in two weeks....out of touch?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Man, you are all in on this election. I especially enjoyed the part where you criticized Romney for his vacations, and were in awe of how hard Obama is working in the hot and humid south. Delicious irony at its best.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't understand what you mean. You support the way Romney is running his campaign...Rupert would be pissed.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Is there anything specific in my post you would like to address?

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:10 pm

It was a tad sarcastic, but very well presented and you stated where you were coming from very well. As for him taking this weekend off, voters have short attention spans.

I do find it funny that you criticize Romney for his down time after I believe you spent a lot of time defending this President when we made the same charge. BTW, Obama's vacations were on the tax payers dime.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:13 pm

sbayhills wrote:It was a tad sarcastic, but very well presented and you stated where you were coming from very well. As for him taking this weekend off, voters have short attention spans.

I do find it funny that you criticize Romney for his down time after I believe you spent a lot of time defending this President when we made the same charge. BTW, Obama's vacations were on the tax payers dime.
So has every other presidents. Bush was the most vacationed president in recent times. About three times more days than Obama.

Proving once again the presidential lifestyle only matters to conservatives when a Dem is in the Oval Office. Like the deficit and debt. When it's a conservative. They could care less.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.