116 days until you vote for a POTUS.

Parrotpaul

116 days until you vote for a POTUS.

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Here is a good place to start to begin formulating your final opinion before you cast that vote.

Romney's free stuff speech is a new low

"Wow. If you live long enough, you’ll see some truly gross things in politics, but Mitt Romney’s work this past week "courting black support" was enough to turn even the strongest stomach.

Romney really showed us something in his luridly self-congratulating N.A.A.C.P. gambit, followed by the awesomely disgusting "free stuff" post-mortem speech he delivered the next night in front of friendlier audiences. The twin appearances revealed the candidate to be not merely unlikable, and not merely a fatuous, unoriginal hack of a politician, but also a genuinely repugnant human being, a grasping corporate hypocrite with so little feel for how to get along with people that he has to dream up elaborate schemes just to try to pander to the mob.

Man, is he a disaster. It’s really incredible theater, watching the Republicans talk themselves into this guy.
"
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Re: 116 days until you vote for a POTUS.

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:02 pm

I don't think Romney can count on his vote. A lot of venom there. Anger on the Left at its finest. I can almost see the spittle flying as he wrote those words.

However, I've heard more comments about the Obama no-show than this type of negativity about Romney's speech.

Thanks for the post.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Those speeches didn't make you a little bit uneasy?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Of course when I heard what was being said about his speech on the Prager show, he was being praised for being open and honest with a group who will clearly vote for Obama no matter how he performs. What made me uneasy is that this Taibbi couldn't keep it together enough to write something that would actually persuade a person to think. Don't you think this was way over the top?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:21 pm

But...did you listen to the speeches? Once we have established that fact, we can move on.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm

snippets only.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:25 pm

And yet you take Dennis Prager's word without listening to the entire speeches...sounds like what Prager did as well, and he sold it to you...just like the piece states in its conclusion.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Why would you think Prager didn't listen to his speeches. I seriously doubt that Dennis Prager and this angry blogger would agree on anything political.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm more interested in what you thought of the speeches...the entire speeches not selected sound bytes.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I think Romney is going to get demolished in the debates.

Given his constant flip flopping the Dems could easily redo the flip flop commercial Nixon used on McGovern in '72.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:35 pm

President Obama will tear him a new anal sphincter...and I cleaned that up.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:32 pm

That's what got us into trouble in the first place. Charisma, good looks, and sound bytes, with the promise of hope, change, and transparency haven't quite worked out. To paraphrase The Who, I hope " We won't be fooled again."

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:06 am

The twin appearances revealed the candidate to be not merely unlikable, and not merely a fatuous, unoriginal hack of a politician, but also a genuinely repugnant human being,
My goodness, is that biased? :eh?:

I think it took a lot of guts to stand up there knowing he will get booed. I wouldn't want to do it. I give him credit for that.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:09 am

sbayhills wrote: What made me uneasy is that this Taibbi couldn't keep it together enough to write something that would actually persuade a person to think. Don't you think this was way over the top?
:iknow:

Way over the top.

Sometimes when a person is obviously that anti-Obama or anti-Romney, you just have to drop them from the polling sample. :D

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:25 am

Seems Team Obama is grasping at straws, looking for anything to debase Romney and distract attention from their own failure to deliver what they promised. Sad state of affairs.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:28 am

Troglodyte wrote:Seems Team Obama is grasping at straws, looking for anything to debase Romney and distract attention from their own failure to deliver what they promised. Sad state of affairs.
You left off the best part. It's working.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah, that...he's making hay while the sunshines....pretty good for a community organizer, and Mitt can't do much about it until after the convention.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Yeah, that...he's making hay while the sunshines....pretty good for a community organizer, and Mitt can't do much about it until after the convention.
So you admit that Obama isn't above sucker punching when a man isn't in a position to defend himself..
Must be a Chicago politics thing.. We'll see how effective it is come the GOP convention.
Obama is spending most of his campaign and political capital now.. Because he knows he will have nothing left to counter with when it comes down to debating points..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 am

Troglodyte wrote: So you admit that Obama isn't above sucker punching when a man isn't in a position to defend himself.
Nor should he be.
Troglodyte wrote:Must be a Chicago politics thing..We'll see how effective it is come the GOP convention.
Obama is spending most of his campaign and political capital now.. Because he knows he will have nothing left to counter with when it comes down to debating points..
Conservatives are always saying he is in over his head. Yet they are now complaining how badly they're getting beat up.

What he is doing is forcing his opponent to be constantly explaining. When one is explaining during a political campaign, one is losing.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Wabash wrote: Nor should he be.

Conservatives are always saying he is in over his head. Yet they are now complaining how badly they're getting beat up.

What he is doing is forcing his opponent to be constantly explaining. When one is explaining during a political campaign, one is losing.
What exactly is Romney explaining? Romney's out giving speeches to groups the president is taking for granted, I haven't heard him do much explaining about anything the emperor wannabe says about him.

You must be listening to someone else.