CNN's King/Gergen: Obama's Lying, Romney/Bain Honest

sbayhills

CNN's King/Gergen: Obama's Lying, Romney/Bain Honest

Post by sbayhills » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 am

Another report that Obama and his campaign are lying about Romney and Bain Capital.

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

sbayhills

Re: CNN's King/Gergen: Obama's Lying, Romney/Bain Honest

Post by sbayhills » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 pm

He admits he's lying, but won't apologize. Choosing a President shouldn't be a game Obama. This will bite the Obama campaign in the butt.

No, we won't be apologizing," the president said in an interview aired today. "Sometimes these games are played during political campaigns. Understand what the issues are here: Mr Romney claims he's Mr. Fix-it for the economy because of his business experience, so I think voters entirely legitimately want to know what is exactly his business experience.

"http://news.yahoo.com/Obama-wont-apolog ... itics.html

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Makes sense to me.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:04 pm

I would have bet it would. So it's all a game. I'm glad to know he takes his job seriously.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:26 am

There is so much time spent talking about this issue. If Romney did outsource jobs while he CEO, President, and Chairman of the Board at Bain Capital, does anyone really care?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 am

sbayhills wrote:He admits he's lying, but won't apologize.
Wait, what?

You want Obama to apologize?

Isn't that a sign of weakness? Isn't one of your complaints about Obama that he apologizes way too much?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:26 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Wait, what?

Isn't that a sign of weakness? Isn't one of your complaints about Obama that he apologizes way too much?
He especially should not apologize. The claim by Romney is that he had left Bain Capital when in fact he's shown on their SEC filings as being one of the principal officers.

This is as big a cluster as his tax returns. Even conservatives are having a difficult time defending the indefensible with that one.

It's obvious there are things in those returns that Romney knows will sink his campaign if they are released.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Wait, what?

CONTEXT, buddy .... context.

Obama blames the U.S. for the worlds ills and, so, apologizes to everyone for something we do not and should not own.

OTOH, Obama refuses to own his own misbehavior and, so, SHOULD apologize for his misdeeds. The former is a sign of weakness (arbitrarily accepting blame for something you didn't do). The latter is a sign of leadership (manning up and owning your missteps, learning from them, and moving on).

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 am

GOODave wrote:CONTEXT, buddy .... context.

Obama blames the U.S. for the worlds ills and, so, apologizes to everyone for something we do not and should not own.
I see...context is all important. Does that mean it's ok for you to lie, and fabricate in a thread complaining about Obama's lies? :eh?:
OTOH, Obama refuses to own his own misbehavior and, so, SHOULD apologize for his misdeeds. The former is a sign of weakness (arbitrarily accepting blame for something you didn't do). The latter is a sign of leadership (manning up and owning your missteps, learning from them, and moving on).
Due to the near-fatal level of irony present in your preceding statement, I don't believe I can respond without changing the subject or straying out-of-bounds.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 am

Vilepagan wrote:
I see...context is all important. Does that mean it's ok for you to lie, and fabricate in a thread complaining about Obama's lies? :eh?:
I don't see where I've done that. Although I have no doubt you do since I said something untoward about your king.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:12 am

GOODave wrote:I don't see where I've done that.
"Obama blames the U.S. for the worlds ills..."

Utterly false.
Although I have no doubt you do since I said something untoward about your king.
See, you did it again. Obama is the president, not a king, and he's not mine.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:23 am

Vilepagan wrote: Due to the near-fatal level of irony present in your preceding statement, I don't believe I can respond without changing the subject or straying out-of-bounds.
Now that is funny.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Wait, what?

No, it would be a sign of ethics and integrity from the office of the Presidency. Your response however, is certainly one of the weakest.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 am

sbayhills wrote:
No, it would be a sign of ethics and integrity from the office of the Presidency. Your response however, is certainly one of the weakest.
If conservatives had a track record of behaving like that was the purpose of apologies you might have credibility on this issue.

They don't.