The "Swiftboating" of Mitt Romney

sbayhills

Re: The "Swiftboating" of Mitt Romney

Post by sbayhills » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 am

Thank goodness the press is finally coming around and exposing the lack of ethics of this Administration.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:52 am

sbayhills wrote: No, my outrage is when a sitting President makes outright lies, condones his campaign in calling the other candidate a felon, and then excuses his and his campaigns behavior as this being part of a "game" played during election season. John McCain or Mitt Romney showed integrity and class. Obama has sunk to a new low.
Just win baby. Isn't that what matters?
sbayhills wrote:Thank goodness the press is finally coming around and exposing the lack of ethics of this Administration.
Which press? The "liberal" press? If that is the case, that pretty much dispels the notion of the liberal media.

I watched Meet the Press yesterday. The best part of the show is when Romney advisor, Ed Gillespie, claimed Romney retired retroactively in 1999. How does one retire retroactively?

Even conservatives are calling for Romney to release at 12 years of returns (like his father). Personally I agree with George Will on this one. Romney realizes that not releasing his returns is less risky than releasing them.

We already learned plenty of things from the one return Romney DID let us see. We learned that he’s been hiding millions in overseas tax shelters since the late 90′s. Romney hid money in 1997 in a group called “Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors Ltd” in Bermuda, (which he conveniently put in his wife’s name the day before his inauguration as governor) and continued to hide his multiple accounts all through the Bush years even after President Bush passed his massive Tax Cut for the wealthy. We also learned plenty from the one tax-return we were permitted to see. Like a $77,000 tax deduction the care & feeding of his wife’s Olympic “Dressage” horse. Should the U.S. taxpayer really be footing that bill?

One can only imagine the embarrassing things that are in the other 12 years he won't release.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am

sbayhills wrote:No, my outrage is when a sitting President makes outright lies, condones his campaign in calling the other candidate a felon, and then excuses his and his campaigns behavior as this being part of a "game" played during election season.
I can understand the desire that no candidate play fast and loose with the facts, but while we're talking about that, did Obama or his campaign say that Romney was a felon, or did they say that he might be a felon? I think it was the latter.
Obama has sunk to a new low.
I agree. Sadly, it wouldn't be a new low for his opponents. Just business as usual.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:21 am

Vilepagan wrote:
I can understand the desire that no candidate play fast and loose with the facts, but while we're talking about that, did Obama or his campaign say that Romney was a felon, or did they say that he might be a felon? I think it was the latter.

I agree. Sadly, it wouldn't be a new low for his opponents. Just business as usual.
So, instead of criticizing Obama for what you acknowledge is a low blow, you try to turn it into a negative on his opponent?

How partisan-blinded of you.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 am

Vilepagan wrote:

OK, they said Romney might be a felon. A sitting President condoning his campaign calling his opponent out that he might be a felon. Hope and change..............what a joke.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 am

GOODave wrote:So, instead of criticizing Obama for what you acknowledge is a low blow, you try to turn it into a negative on his opponent?
Nope. I've already stated quite clearly that I think it's a shame when any candidate behaves this way.
How partisan-blinded of you.
Dave...really, the irony and hypocrisy you demonstrate on this point is just too much. I can say I think it's a shame when any candidate does this but you can't, and you certainly can't credibly accuse anyone of being "partisan" or "blinded" when you actively participate in the dissemination of absurd falsehoods about those you disagree with politically.

Speaking of "due respect" apparently neither the president nor his wife have any for the American Flag:

Can't figure out what she said?

"All this for a flag." at a celebration for 9/11 victims... and the president nodded agreement with her.

http://www.occonnect.com/community/view ... 8&start=20

You have no business accusing others of disseminating lies when you post nonsense like this and don't retract it when it's shown to be ridiculous.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Nope. I've already stated quite clearly that I think it's a shame when any candidate behaves this way.

Dave...really, the irony and hypocrisy you demonstrate on this point is just too much. I can say I think it's a shame when any candidate does this but you can't, and you certainly can't credibly accuse anyone of being "partisan" or "blinded" when you actively participate in the dissemination of absurd falsehoods about those you disagree with politically.

Speaking of "due respect" apparently neither the president nor his wife have any for the American Flag:

Can't figure out what she said?

"All this for a flag." at a celebration for 9/11 victims... and the president nodded agreement with her.

http://www.occonnect.com/community/view ... 8&start=20

You have no business accusing others of disseminating lies when you post nonsense like this and don't retract it when it's shown to be ridiculous.
OF COURSE you have to disregard it as a "lie." You don't like hearing that so it is human nature to try somehow to dismiss it.

Further, even if you want to dismiss that has having been said, and even if you do post a "Snopes" link that says "it's difficult to read lips," it is just as difficult for YOU so you have no clue that is NOT what she said. I, on the other hand, have a pretty firm grasp on what she said... not that you're going to "buy" that.

And finally, I criticize Obama for his mistakes. I have also criticized George Bush for his as well as given credit to Obama for the (rare) good decisions he makes. So you're barking up the wrong tree in your haste to DIS-believe anything I say.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 am

GOODave wrote:OF COURSE you have to disregard it as a "lie."
Indeed. I do that with all falsehoods.
You don't like hearing that so it is human nature to try somehow to dismiss it.
It's not 'false" because i didn't "like" it, it's false because it's not true. I didn't "dismiss' it, I provided evidence that questions its truthfulness. You, on the other hand, didn't even check on the veracity of the statements, you just passed them on and claim they are true, despite the fact that the claims are absurd on their face, and there's no evidence to support them.
Further, even if you want to dismiss that has having been said, and even if you do post a "Snopes" link that says "it's difficult to read lips," it is just as difficult for YOU so you have no clue that is NOT what she said.
#-o Is this supposed to be a serious argument? Prove that's not what she said?
I, on the other hand, have a pretty firm grasp on what she said...
Then why did you not answer my question?

How did you determine what she said?
And finally, I criticize Obama for his mistakes.
That's not an issue. The issue is when you criticize him for absurd, made-up "mistakes".

Hanna

Post by Hanna » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 am

Wabash wrote: If this person is a liberal, he'll be much happier than if Obama isn't president.
This is what is interesting. Are the liberals who are "disappointed" with Obama think that they will be better off with the tea baggers?

The sad reality, with both extremes, is that they stay at home on election day or they vote for a Nader or a Buchanan and are oh so smug and they end up getting with a worse result.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 am

sbayhills wrote: No, the article came from a blogger who contributes to the Huffington Post. This poster is not a Republican and is pointing out the hypocrisy coming from the Left on this issue.
It would make more sense that the post is not a Republican. But for Republicans to go along with what he said, then they need to admit that they lied during that campaign. Why do that?