Red

Very good reading - Enjoy

Post by Red »

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/ ... e_lef.html

January 27, 2011
Stanley Ann Dunham and the Left's Exploitation of Women
By Robin of Berkeley

Reader Advisory: Sexual Content

Obama's mother, the oddly named Stanley Ann, died of cancer about fifteen years ago. There's little known about Stanley Ann, aside from the details provided by Obama and his handlers. Of course, the truth about Obama's past is shrouded in secrecy.

But what can be pieced together about Obama's mom from the information at hand? For one, Stanley Ann was given her strange name by her strange father, Stanley Dunham, who desired a boy instead. Dunham was a volatile, hard-drinking man, who was expelled from high school for punching his principal. Mental illness may have run in the Dunham family; as a boy, Stanley discovered his mother dead of an apparent suicide.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
Red

Re: Very good reading - Enjoy

Post by Red »

Who is Barry's real father?

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2008/ ... davis.html

Very interesting. Just curious, why wouldn't the media follow up on this? This stuff made for The Pulitzer!
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Red wrote:There's little known about Stanley Ann, aside from the details provided by Obama and his handlers. Of course, the truth about Obama's past is shrouded in secrecy.
:eh?:

Did the author bother to read her wiki page?

Stanley Ann Dunham (November 29, 1942 – November 7, 1995), the mother of Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States, was an American anthropologist who specialized in economic anthropology and rural development. Dunham was nicknamed Anna, later known as Dr. Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro, and finally Ann Dunham Sutoro. Born in Wichita, Kansas, Dunham spent her childhood in California, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas and her teenage years in Mercer Island, Washington, and most of her adult life in Hawaii and Indonesia.

Dunham studied at the East–West Center and at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu, where she attained a bachelor's in anthropology or mathematics and master's and Ph.D. in anthropology. Interested in craftsmanship, weaving and the role of women in cottage industries, Dunham's research focused on women's work on the island of Java and blacksmithing in Indonesia. To address the problem of poverty in rural villages, she created microcredit programs while working as a consultant for the United States Agency for International Development. Dunham was also employed by the Ford Foundation in Jakarta and she consulted with the Asian Development Bank in Pakistan. Towards the latter part of her life, she worked with Bank Rakyat Indonesia, where she helped apply her research to the largest microfinance program in the world.

After her son assumed the presidency, interest renewed in Dunham's work: The University of Hawaii held a symposium about her research; an exhibition of Dunham's Indonesian batik textile collection toured the United States; and in December 2009, Duke University Press published Surviving against the Odds: Village Industry in Indonesia, a book based on Dunham's original 1992 dissertation. Janny Scott, an author and former New York Times reporter, published a biography about Ann Dunham's life titled A Singular Woman in 2011. Posthumous interest has also led to the creation of The Ann Dunham Soetoro Endowment in the Anthropology Department at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, as well as the Ann Dunham Soetoro Graduate Fellowships, intended to fund students associated with the East–West Center (EWC) in Honolulu,
Hawaii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

There's a lot more info if you really want to know about Obama's mother. Not a lot of secrets though. Of course, if you just want to trash Obama using rumors and innuendo about his dead mother, feel free. After all, it's what all decent Americans would do. :roll:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Heywould

Post by Heywould »

Yeah, those Wiki pages are the bastion of accuracy
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Heywould wrote:Yeah, those Wiki pages are the bastion of accuracy
Well, in this case I think we can say it's more accurate than some idiot who claims Obama's mother's life was "shrouded in secrecy". That's just plain false, and anyone reading it should instantly recognize it as such. But if you're not satisfied with the info on the page itself, feel free to check their sources...they're listed at the end of every article.

Just out of curiosity Heywould, do you want to believe false things, or would you prefer to get accurate information?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada
Heywould

Post by Heywould »

Vilepagan wrote:
Well, in this case I think we can say it's more accurate than some idiot who claims Obama's mother's life was "shrouded in secrecy". That's just plain false, and anyone reading it should instantly recognize it as such. But if you're not satisfied with the info on the page itself, feel free to check their sources...they're listed at the end of every article.

Just out of curiosity Heywould, do you want to believe false things, or would you prefer to get accurate information?
You based you're entire rebuttal of Red's article on a Wiki entry, why would I believe Wiki over the article. FYI, I don't trust either. And stop asking me stupid questions.
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap
Heywould

Post by Heywould »

Vilepagan wrote:

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Heywould wrote:You based you're entire rebuttal of Red's article on a Wiki entry, why would I believe Wiki over the article.
Because it's a better source of information than an op-ed piece by Robin of Berkeley. I didn't rebut the article, I just pointed out that the author's opening point was patently false. There's nothing secretive or mysterious about Obama's mother, or her past. The author is just attempting to make Obama's mom sound sinister, and it falls flat. Except presumably, to Red.
Heywould

Post by Heywould »

Vilepagan wrote:
Because it's a better source of information than an op-ed piece by Robin of Berkeley. I didn't rebut the article, I just pointed out that the author's opening point was patently false. There's nothing secretive or mysterious about Obama's mother, or her past. The author is just attempting to make Obama's mom sound sinister, and it falls flat. Except presumably, to Red.
And Wiki is known to be unreliable, except presumably, to you
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

Heywould wrote:And Wiki is known to be unreliable, except presumably, to you
Heywould, like I said twice now, you can check the reliability for yourself by checking their sources. You don't have to take someone else's opinion for it...like Red's "article".

I do also disagree that wiki is known to be "unreliable". Certainly any user-edited website can be sabotaged, and Wikipedia is a good starting point rather than a totally reliable source of info itself. However, I still think it beats "Robin of Berkeley".
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

Here's a good article i read about Obama's mother several years ago
Heywould

Post by Heywould »

SoMelo wrote:Here's a good article i read about Obama's mother several years ago
You should stick to the tanning salon and boob job threads
FallStar

Post by FallStar »

Your bar for "very" is set pretty low.
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public »

At least we know her name. We don't even know Romney's mother's name. Or where he was really born. I got an email that said he's from Mexico. Why is he afraid to show us his Green Card? And what about his transcripts? He claims to have gone to Harvard but none of his classmates seem to remember him.
Don't look at me, I just work here.
SoMelo

Post by SoMelo »

John Q. Public wrote:At least we know her name. We don't even know Romney's mother's name.
Duh... her name is Mrs. Romney
Actually it's Lenore something and she's Pro-Choice (or was... I think she's dead)
sbayhills

Post by sbayhills »

Vilepagan wrote:

Should we be applying the same standard to President Obama and his campaign concerning the outright and proven lies towards Romney and Bain?
broman

Post by broman »

Red wrote:Who is Barry's real father?

Very interesting. Just curious, why wouldn't the media follow up on this? This stuff made for The Pulitzer!
Would that not kill the birther argument?
tLIB

Post by tLIB »

I think the debates will be critical in this election. I don't think there will be much mileage, IMO, trashing the families. I doubt Romney will bring up Obama's family or vise versa.

There was a great article about Romney and his mother during her campaign for the Senate in TIME Magazine recently. Romney was with his mother for much of the campaign. He saw the dirty tricks and it shaped the way he is running this campaign. I doubt he will bring up Obama's mother.
Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan »

sbayhills wrote:Should we be applying the same standard to President Obama and his campaign concerning the outright and proven lies towards Romney and Bain?
Yes, but you should do your research before you decide if something is a "proven and outright lie". Judging something as true or false prior to doing your research can lead you to believe whoever happens to agree with your prejudgment. Just look at the OP. Red didn't post this because "Robin of Berkeley" did her research and provided facts to support her claims. Red posted this because he agreed with what she wrote before she wrote it, and there wasn't any reason for him to verify any of her statements, no matter how absurd they might have been. When the author informed Red that "There's little known about Stanley Ann, aside from the details provided by Obama and his handlers" it was accepted as the truth even though five seconds on Google would have told him there's all sorts of info out there about Obama's mom.
Wabash

Post by Wabash »

Red wrote:Who is Barry's real father?

Is his father running for president? Why would it matter?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова