Ann Romney: 'We've Given 'All You People Need To Know'

Wabash

Re: Ann Romney: 'We've Given 'All You People Need To Know'

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Maybe you can help me out here, where did that one come from? When exactly did big, bad, arrogant Obama hurt all you poor Republicans' feelings?
When things are going good for them they say the liberals are ineffective whimps. But when the going gets tough, it's always the liberals' fault. If liberals are so whimpy and ineffective, then how come they all of a sudden have so much power to ruin the plans of the right?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 pm

sbayhills wrote:Whether the voters remember them or not, these were significant low lights of Obama's first term.
Newsflash, Clint: If the voters don't remember them, that pretty much means they weren't significant.
sbayhills wrote:Solyndra, Green ideology shoved down our throats with 500 million thrown down a "rat hole" in wasted stimulus.
Don't like "Green ideology", eh? I take it you don't separate your garbage?

And you righties and your "shoved down our throats" fantasies. What's up with that?
sbayhills wrote:Fast and Furious. A horrible human tragedy, compounded by stonewalling and a coverup. A real lack of character was displayed by Obama on this one.
Oh, I just I LOVE it when conservatives and the NRA let loose with rivers of crocodile tears over this "horrible human tragedy". Such humanitarians!

Now take a wild guess at how many THOUSANDS of Americans are killed in this country EVERY year by legal handguns that conservatives spend millions easing access to.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:32 am

Omar Bongo wrote: Newsflash, Clint: If the voters don't remember them, that pretty much means they weren't significant.

And you righties and your "shoved down our throats" fantasies. What's up with that?

Oh, I just I LOVE it when conservatives and the NRA let loose with rivers of crocodile tears over this "horrible human tragedy". Such humanitarians!

Now take a wild guess at how many THOUSANDS of Americans are killed in this country EVERY year by legal handguns that conservatives spend millions easing access to.
Let's hope the voters are reminded constantly about them Despot. Lowlights for sure. Unbelievable. 500 million in stimulus wasted to push a technology that doesn't work, and you want to know if I separate my garbage. Great come back Omar.

Have you even read what Fast and Furious was about? Your answer in condescending and shows that the compassion of the Left is a farce. A monumental blunder and coverup of a tragedy. You really and truly have no answers for this Administration except your partisan ideologies. Why don't you read up a little about Fast and Furious before you make such outrageous statements. This has got to be one of the stupidest comebacks and remarks you have ever made.
Now take a wild guess at how many THOUSANDS of Americans are killed in this country EVERY year by legal handguns that conservatives spend millions easing access to

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 am

Omar Bongo wrote: And you righties and your "shoved down our throats" fantasies. What's up with that?
Do you also notice the sudden conservative affectation for oral penetration?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 am

sbayhills wrote: Let's hope the voters are reminded constantly about them Despot. Lowlights for sure. Unbelievable. 500 million in stimulus wasted to push a technology that doesn't work, and you want to know if I separate my garbage. Great come back Omar.

Have you even read what Fast and Furious was about? Your answer in condescending and shows that the compassion of the Left is a farce. A monumental blunder and coverup of a tragedy. You really and truly have no answers for this Administration except your partisan ideologies. Why don't you read up a little about Fast and Furious before you make such outrageous statements. This has got to be one of the stupidest comebacks and remarks you have ever made.
Both programs started during the Bush Administration. With a similar loan guarantee program (alternative energy research) started by Romney in MA.

As is typical of conservatives. They now consider those to be bad programs because a dem is in the White House.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 pm

George W. Bush will not be attending the GOP convention.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:George W. Bush will not be attending the GOP convention.
No surprise. He didn't attend the last one either. He gave a video speech to the attendees.

The GOP runs and hides from his legacy. With good reason. They know his image is poison to their agenda.

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: You don't read your own posts?
Sure I do. Unfortunately, I read yours, too. Truly saddening to me.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:54 am

sbayhills wrote: Your answer in condescending and shows that the compassion of the Left is a farce. A monumental blunder and coverup of a tragedy.
It's amazing how a statement made by an individual you decide belongs somewhere on the "left", gets twisted by you into a statement by the entire "left". How does that transformation take place in your mind?
You really and truly have no answers for this Administration except your partisan ideologies.
That could also be said about your complaints.
This has got to be one of the stupidest comebacks and remarks you have ever made:

Now take a wild guess at how many THOUSANDS of Americans are killed in this country EVERY year by legal handguns that conservatives spend millions easing access to
Perhaps you could tell us all why his statement was stupid?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Hanna

Post by Hanna » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:08 am

sbayhills wrote:When you can't talk about the fine job the President has done, you try to make an issue out of tax returns. What's next? Dog poop on the windshield.................oh yeah, they've already gone there.
Actually, it is not about taxes. As known "liberal" George Will commented, it is about the wisdom and ability to plan by Romeny and his clan. You run for president, or any other public office, you are asked to provide financial data. Personally, I don't care. But this is how the system works. For both parties. His father did it 40 years ago. So not anticipating it and planning for it - remember, he was attacked during the primaries first - shows poor planning and forward thinking. What, some day Iran will send a nuclear missile and he could not anticipate it? Or the unregulated banks and investment banking will collapse and, again, he was not ready for this?

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Newsflash, Clint: If the voters don't remember them, that pretty much means they weren't significant.

This response comes from our good friend:
In 2010, there were 6009 murders in the U.S. by handguns. However, the FBI reports that 95% of all handgun murders are done with ILLEGAL handguns, so the answer to the question is about 300 Americans are killed in this country every year by legal handguns. Since Omar asked how many thousands are killed, the correct response would be .3 thousands. That is not a wild guess, that is a statistical fact

Now compare that to murders with knives. In 2004, there were 282 murders with knives in California alone, and over 2000 nationwide. There are 7 times more murders in the US every year with knives than with legal handguns. Time to outlaw Sizzler and those dangerous steak knives. That will cut the knife homicide rate by what, a whopping 5%?

To further compare death rates, the number of people killed in auto accidents every year is over 40,000. Now that is a statistic worthy of listing as "thousands". If we could just institute auto control laws, we could save all of these poor souls.
I think you just lost that argument.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:52 pm

GOODave wrote: This response comes from our good friend:

I think you just lost that argument.
Sorry Dave, but this is where my split with most conservatives is like the Grand Canyon.

Knives have more primary functions than killing people. You mentioned Sizzler, and that certainly provides one example. Cars have more primary functions than killing people. So do 120-volt wiring, swimming pools, ladders, ropes, sleeping pills, motorcycles, Drano, bathtubs, baseball bats and a thousand other items that sometimes kill people.

An automatic or semi-automatic assault rifle has no other function than to kill. Not rats, or termites, or pit bulls, or even runaway rogue circus elephants. Their only purpose is to kill people, and there is no reason any American, unless he is a member of the military or a police force, should have the rights or means to possess one.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:54 pm

:yeahthat:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Why would a civilian ever need armor pierceing bullets?

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

MDDad wrote: Sorry Dave, but this is where my split with most conservatives is like the Grand Canyon.

Knives have more primary functions than killing people. You mentioned Sizzler, and that certainly provides one example. Cars have more primary functions than killing people. So do 120-volt wiring, swimming pools, ladders, ropes, sleeping pills, motorcycles, Drano, bathtubs, baseball bats and a thousand other items that sometimes kill people.

An automatic or semi-automatic assault rifle has no other function than to kill. Not rats, or termites, or pit bulls, or even runaway rogue circus elephants. Their only purpose is to kill people, and there is no reason any American, unless he is a member of the military or a police force, should have the rights or means to possess one.
Unless of course such a person did in fact have a right to defend his home and property against multiple assailants. That seems perfectly logical to me.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

SoMelo wrote:Why would a civilian ever need armor pierceing bullets?
Because not all bad guys are stupid, and some wear body armor.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:14 pm

AIYK, do you own firearms?

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:AIYK, do you own firearms?
You bet. Please stay away from my house, unless you are invited.
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Safe room?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 pm

My question is why they would ever need armor.

This guy was wearing full body armor including a vest, ballistic helmet, shin protector, throat protector, and groin protector. He purchased it online from a company who supplies police departments and the military. The CEO of the company said he was 'appalled' at the fact that this guy used their products in his rampage. Do police departments and the military usually order one set of armor at a time?

If a guy wants to perpetrate an outrage like this, and he's willing to plan it for a long time as this guy apparently was, there's little we can do except mourn the results. I think it's doubtful we can keep all methods of inflicting mass casualties out of the hands of the mentally deranged, and I think we'd be just as outraged if this deranged individual had driven a truck into the lines of people outside the theater as we are over the mass shooting.

All that being said, the fact that this person acquired all his guns, ammo, and body armor legally is a reasonable incentive to reexamine our laws.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada